• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

E3 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
****. That pompous chick in the rented white leather suit. Why does everyone working at nintendo seem so evil?

The expo sucked. Considering how cocky and condescending nintendo was being, I thought there would AT LEAST be ONE non A-lister game that didn't suck. Wtf? Why are they targeting adolescent girls and old people? Imo, they've completely forgot about their core audience. Metroid is the only thing that looks good there.

Mario is mario. Same old scheme. Same old ****. It had to be taken to two different developers for a metroid game to finally focus on what we wanted to know. Gah.

Assassin's Creed looks good, but that's all it has. It's like Paris Hilton. There's no story or anything of value.

What a horrible horrible expo. All of it was bragging about selling out, in more ways than one.

I never really considered changing to Xbox or PS3, but now...

Poor Nintendo. *sigh*

D

Deleted member

I really am not a fan of 2.5D. I rather either pure 2D or 3D, but that art style just looks bad, overall. Maybe when it comes out, it'll look more polished ( I actually mean both Mario and Metroid).
I find this somewhat ironic, since we're on Smashboards.

Eh. Only Nintendo series that always turns out something great (at least personally) is Zelda, which was the entire reason I bought a Wii. I also don't own a PS3, and I wouldn't probably spend $400 or so on something that'll be obsolete in two or so years, so Microsoft was the only thing I was really looking to. I've never been a fan of JRPGs so the Final Fantasy stuff doesn't really mean anything to me. God of War was always awesome, but PS3 exclusive >: (. And no MGS4 >: (. I'm only really interested in MGS for the storyline, I don't want a new one

Apparently that Milo thing is a game, it's a sort of tamigachi thing. Personally I think that's creepy.
Yet you have a Wii... The PS3 will probably outlive the Wii, maybe even the next Nintendo console (doubt it.).

At least now I have a reason to watch, I wonder if it will be on G4.
Nope, that's not going to happen.

Deathcarter

Smash Lord
****. That pompous chick in the rented white leather suit. Why does everyone working at nintendo seem so evil?

The expo sucked. Considering how cocky and condescending nintendo was being, I thought there would AT LEAST be ONE non A-lister game that didn't suck. Wtf? Why are they targeting adolescent girls and old people? Imo, they've completely forgot about their core audience. Metroid is the only thing that looks good there.

Mario is mario. Same old scheme. Same old ****. It had to be taken to two different developers for a metroid game to finally focus on what we wanted to know. Gah.

Assassin's Creed looks good, but that's all it has. It's like Paris Hilton. There's no story or anything of value.

What a horrible horrible expo. All of it was bragging about selling out, in more ways than one.

I never really considered changing to Xbox or PS3, but now...

Poor Nintendo. *sigh*
So you refuse to achknowledge Red Steel 2, No More Heroes 2, the Grinder, and others (regardless of them being confirmed prior to E3) why?

KosukeKGA

Smash Champion
Just to clear up some confusion...

FFXIV will most likely be FFXI ver. 2.0. Yes, it is online. Yes, it is an MMORPG.

Some details about the game which are reminiscent about FFXI is the fact that the logo and main website contain stuff from FFXI...

It will be released for PS3 and PC in 2010...But who's to say it won't be for 360 like FFXI was a few years later after its release date?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/6/64/FFXIV.png

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/

§leepy God

Smash Master
So you refuse to achknowledge Red Steel 2, No More Heroes 2, the Grinder, and others (regardless of them being confirmed prior to E3) why?
Don't forget to add Tatsunoko vs Capcom with the online features that's coming out for the Wii, along with the new Golden Sun that should that made E3 win. :p

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
Don't forget to add Tatsunoko vs Capcom with the online features that's coming out for the Wii, along with the new Golden Sun that should that made E3 win. :p
TvC is also getting 5 additional characters (although they are removing one).

Nintendo is finally starting to **** again.

THE HELL?

Dragon Ball: Revenge of King Piccolo?

Omis

my friends were skinny
I find this somewhat ironic, since we're on Smashboards.
Not everyone on SWF plays Brawl

Yet you have a Wii... The PS3 will probably outlive the Wii, maybe even the next Nintendo console (doubt it.).
Because it is totally impossible not to have bought the system at launch? And what makes you think Eor has a wii?
Nope, that's not going to happen.
I sure Sir Tnemrot the all knowing ******* would know.

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
They're both sequels and neither of them are presenting any new ideas.
Aw c'mon.

People complained about Sunshine being TOO DIFFERENT for a SM64 sequel. Now people are complaining about them being too SIMILAR? lol

Anyway, overall after looking through all the research of all three main conference, personally I think ALL three of them were successful.

even if there is no Kirby Wii game, blast it!

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I have a Wii and personally I'm not really interested in any of those, I was thinking about getting NMH but there are games I would rather get on PC and PS2 first and by the time I get the games I want for the other systems there are new games I want or I'm out of cash.

If I only had a Wii I might have considered them, but compared to the FPS' you can get on PC there's just no contest, in terms of networking [no friend codes, no fees like with XBL, dedicated servers, etc.], and control.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
TvC is also getting 5 additional characters (although they are removing one).

Nintendo is finally starting to **** again.

THE HELL?

Dragon Ball: Revenge of King Piccolo?

*IMAGES*
It seems like anime games are getting away from the whole "We only do fighting games" idea.

I remember searching through IGN and they said something about a bleach RPG for DS. Not that I'll get it but it's at least refreshing seeing them do something other then fighting games.

-:bowser:Bowser King

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Aw c'mon.

People complained about Sunshine being TOO DIFFERENT for a SM64 sequel. Now people are complaining about them being too SIMILAR? lol
even if there is no Kirby Wii game, blast it!
I didn't like Sunshine because it was as easy as Mario 64. The only thing that was really new (besides the fludd mechanics) were riding those squids. The funnest part were those challenge levels where you couldn't use fludd. I don't really like SM64 that much either since it's way too easy as well.

I literally beat Galaxy in 8 hours. I forced myself to collect all the stars to unlock Luigi, who didn't really play that much differently...

Why don't they make a 3d platformer that plays like the challenge levels in sunshine. I found those parts the most entertaining out of the whole 3d mario games (I also like similar part in SM64).

That first party rpg interests me, but looks like a rip off of final fantasy. I also wish it was a mother game but lol, that's asking way too much...

Edit: why are there so many people asking for a new Zelda? Everygame is a variation on the same thing >_>;

HylianBoy

Smash Apprentice
TvC online? The Wii has got the hook up.

Seriously though, this Nintendo's E3 was indeed much much better than last year's and clearly owned. I'm still pissing my pants because of Metroid: Other M.

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
oh yea totally because i dont have to have friend codes LOL to play with people lulz
I've heard that other capcom Wi-fi games have not required friend codes.

And it doesn't seem like this one will.

ChaosKnight

Smash Master
I've heard that other capcom Wi-fi games have not required friend codes.

And it doesn't seem like this one will.

yea but wii still didnt convince me sony was the clear winner for me i hope nintendo does it big next year maybe i'll even go next year but 2011 is going to be the big year :O

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
Penguin suits for NSMBW sounds interesting, to bad there's no pics though...

Also, gauntlet sounds really fun. I've sometimes wanted to punch miis and this gives you the chance to slice them with a sword :p

-:bowser:Bowser King

Brawler1432

Smash Lord
Why is it that nobody said they would convert last year when Nintendo had a horrible E3, but now when Ninty has a solid conference. People say they are converting to a company that had about as many decent games as ninty showed.

handsockpuppet

Smash Lord
Why is it that nobody said they would convert last year when Nintendo had a horrible E3, but now when Ninty has a solid conference. People say they are converting to a company that had about as many decent games as ninty showed.
Because the people who didn't convert last year had some hope in Ninty; but now the new play control and other things has just wiped out those hopes. they honestly don't know what they're doing anymore, besides a few plans for Wii Sports Resort.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
My theory is that fans will never, ever be happy no matter what you give them. They have a preconceived notion of what they want, and they refuse to settle for anything less.

This year, the fans wanted the best Nintendo E3 software showing ever. They wanted Kid Icarus, Kirby, Star Fox, Mario, Donkey Kong, Metroid, and maybe some info on Wii 2. Because they only got info on Mario and Metroid, they inevitably show disappointment.

Fans will never, ever be happy. That is why I try not to be a fan.

Brawler1432

Smash Lord
I'm confused why everyone was like "Nintendo better give me a good 1st party game or I'm converting" Then they announce NSMB for wii and glaxy 2, golden sun, and Metroid othe rM, and they say " I'm converting because it wasn't what i wanted.

Ridley22

Smash Ace
I personally thought nintendo did better than microsoft. I didn't really watch sony though.

This is because they actually showed new good games, unlike ms. All they showed was trailers for games we already knew about.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
I'm confused why everyone was like "Nintendo better give me a good 1st party game or I'm converting" Then they announce NSMB for wii and glaxy 2, golden sun, and Metroid othe rM, and they say " I'm converting because it wasn't what i wanted.
Well, it wasn't.

Fans are exceedingly picky.

The saddest part is if you look at the totality of what's being released on the wii, it has a rediculously strong lineup. But because The Conduit and Red Steel 2 weren't part of the official press conference, everyone is angry that the conference was a dud. Even though Nintendo, unlike Microsoft and Sony, pretty much relied completely on a first party software lineup that is all things considered probably stronger than the first party lineup of Sony and Microsoft.

There were posters complaining that Metroid M might be in 2.5D from the trailer alone. They're practically looking for disappointment.

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
Exactly, MS showed trailers for everything we knew about. The only major new announcements were Natal and MGS.

Ridley22

Smash Ace
Ya and I don't think Natal will be very good. I can't imagine playing a fighting game or a shooter without a controller in my hand. So I believe it will only be for casual games.

Puddin

Smash Lord
Miyamoto just showed the guys at the roundtable artwork for the new Zelda Wii title, IGN says he looks older than ever. I'm guessing MGS4 old.

"It shows link and a female in blue in a robe. "

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom