• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

E3 2010

GunmasterLombardi

Smash Champion
Still nothing said on Starfox huh? Pity... I'll definately get Kirby's Epic Yarn.

Sony was awesome this year, Twisted Metal looked sick. Nothing said with Crash or Spyro, but I'll be watching Heroes on the Move w/ an eagle eye.

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
Starfox 3ds is sadly just a remake of Starfox 64. =(

Anways, yeah, Nintendo was epic this year, topping the unveiling of Metroid Other M and Mario Galaxy 2 from last year. Now let's see how long they can keep this momentum going.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
I'm so excited, mainly because I'm getting a PS3 in two weeks along with Nintendo's amazing display.

Twisted Metal/G5 caught my attention to some degree, but FFXIV stole it for me. I played XI, so I can say that looks beautiful. Also they didn't mention it, but XIII the Agito whatever is going to be insane as well. All the rpgs on PS3 amaze me. (I'm not an fps person, ever)

Thats the only reason I give Sony 7/10, Move is lol to me, sorry.

I can't wait for 3DS. All the new games/remakes + a chance at FFVI finally makes it godly.

Honestly, this year was one of Nintendo's best years.

- SMG2
- Kirby
- Metroid Other M

Then next year 3DS, Zelda, all the 3DS titles, god. I've never seen Nintendo go so hardcore before. It's funny, because two years ago my friends joked they were going to go out of business through Sony/360's great technology. Look now >_>.

UberMario

Smash Master
[collapse=Games that I'm excited about that have been shown]
Wii:
-Kirby's Epic Yarn
-Mario Sports Mix
-Epic Mickey
-Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 1
-Sonic Colors
-Donkey Kong Country Returns
-Rayman Origins
3DS:
-Kid Icarus: Uprising
-Mario Kart 3DS
-Nintendogs and Cats
-Pilotwings: Resort
-Paper Mario 3DS
-Star Fox 64 3DS
[/collapse]

I just hope that Sega isn't going to give Wii-owners the cold shoulder when it comes to downloadable Dreamcast games . . . . . . .

AND YES! 3DS Has a Joystick!

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Hey guys, I need this question answered. What songs were playing during:

The pre-Nintendo 30minutes, the first song.. I loved it.

on Sony's preview of GT5....

Those songs were epic... =3

Jack Kieser

Smash Champion
Does anyone have a link to the Nintendo conference? I'm trying to watch it again, but everyone and their mom is taking SO F'ING LONG to encode the video. I don't want anything fancy... just something that works.

And Nintendo's site isn't working, either, so don't say that.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Get Majora's Mask or Ocarina Of Time from the VC

Hmm.... Sony did sligtly worse than last year, but better than Microsoft.
Ehh....
Overall I give this E3 an 8.5.

The games I'm intrested in are:
Kid Icarus: Uprising
Metal Gear Solid Snake Eater: The Naked Sample
Kirby's Epic Yarn
Donkey Kong Country Returns
Metroid: Other M
Metal Gear Solid: Rising

Kid Icarus and Donkey Kong won the show for me.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
But it is.

If you're thinking "Ocarina of Time."
But...they already showed me everything I wanted, and now I get this too?

AND to top it all off, Cammie Dunaway didn't come on stage or do ANYTHING.

Best. Day. Ever!

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Yes becuase the predator missile was a totally original idea made by infinity ward for Modern Warfare 2.
I know you're sarcastic there, but the **** similarities between the new MoH and CoD:MW2 are staggering.

The fact that they're choosing NOW to start doing modern war, the fact taht a lot of gameplay is in the desert from what we've seen, scores similar to that of MW2 and the predator missile

Although I do know that CoD kicked MoH off the map when the series started. So they HAD to have been ripping off MoH when they started

Games that I'm interested in:

Black Ops
Gears of War 3
DKCR
Kirby's Epic Yarn
Epic Mickey
Kid Icarus Uprising

eh... I can't remember anymore atm.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
I just got Majora's Mask on VC, but I'll gladly buy it with OoT if they remake both on 3DS. I need to know the Nintendo opening songs + the GT5 song... it was pretty lol.

I was so happy with this year<3 Even if the lack of rpgs is meh, though Dragon Quest IX looks....******.

XACE-K

Smash Master
I just watched the E3 conference (busy today), and all I have to say is that Nintendo won. Every single game they showed that they're developing (and some other titles like MGS 3DS) I'm very interested in.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Well at least got two memorable scenes this year:

Nintendo's redeeming itself after the past 2 years
Microsoft losing my fan loyalty in a couple of hours with a ****ty display

On the bright side, Microsoft can join Nintendo and Sony in the loser's category. Now the list is:

Sony 2006 and it's giant enemy crabs
Nintendo 2008 and that stupid musical game
Microsoft 2010 and the really crappy Kinect/bribing players at the end of the conference

Is it me or is a company doomed every 2 years?

kr3wman

Smash Master
Cammie Dunaway introduced the E3 conference on the official nintendo site.

I know, I was there watching it.

edit : players? those are mostly -if not all- game reviewers/journalists.

They would have gotten one free anyway.

Sony 06 was just completely ridiculous.

Nintendo 08 was just dumb.

MS10... stupid. Also UBI10 was kinda stupid too, but atleast they had good unannounced games to show off, even with that lazer tag/innergy.

although innergy would be pretty cool if it wasn't the only game you could do with the heartbeat sensor thingie.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Cammie Dunaway introduced the E3 conference on the official nintendo site.

I know, I was there watching it.

edit : players? those are mostly -if not all- game reviewers/journalists.

They would have gotten one free anyway.
One day, I WILL go to E3 and be one of the few who just wanna be there to get free stuff from Microsoft be part of the historical events that'll ensue

Darkslash

Smash Master
I know you're sarcastic there, but the **** similarities between the new MoH and CoD:MW2 are staggering.

The fact that they're choosing NOW to start doing modern war, the fact taht a lot of gameplay is in the desert from what we've seen, scores similar to that of MW2 and the predator missile

Although I do know that CoD kicked MoH off the map when the series started. So they HAD to have been ripping off MoH when they started
Saying that would be saying Call of duty MW1 ripped off Battlefield 2, which was Modern way before Call of duty reached number 4. Actually the release of Battlefield 2(05) and the release of Modern Warfare 1 (07) fits within a regular 2 year development cycle. In fact for the 3 killstreaks, 2 of them where in Battlefield 2 (UAV and Artillery were similar to the ones found in Battlefield 2).

That said, the new MoH was most likely inspired by CoD, but it's not a total ripoff. Just becuase its being fought in a desert, fighting with real weaponry and gadgety doesn't mean it's ripping off CoD. Though the scoring system seems the same, the customization in MoH wouldn't be ripping off CoD4, it would be ripping off Battlefield 2, which DICE developed.

But enough talk about MoH and CoD

Games I'm interested in.

MoH
BF:BC2:Vietnam
Killzone 3
Star Fox 64 3D
Skyward Sword
Metal Gear

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
Well at least got two memorable scenes this year:

Nintendo's redeeming itself after the past 2 years

I understand 08 but 09 wasn't bad at all. SMG2, NSMBW, Metroid Other M, Wario Ware DIY, Golden Sun in one day is far from bad. Non of those games (other then maybe WW) were known about before hand and SMG2 is currently the highest rated game ever made.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
I didn't like Golden Sun
I thought that Wario Ware DIY was more boring than Touched!
NSMBW gets boring fast
SMG2 was the bomb, which would be the highlight of last year's Nintendo conference
I'm not interested in the Metroid series, no matter how cool Samush looks in the space suit

Or at least those are MY opinions

SuperBowser

Smash Lord
It was interesting to see what all of nintendo's in house teams have been doing the last 2+ years. Their first party output for 3DS looks to be insane.

Nintendo is determined to keep the portable market to themselves and they aren't taking risks this time with a mediocre launch. I guess they figure an early + fierce launch will stave off anything sony can do for the psp.

kr3wman

Smash Master
I think fierce is underestimating it.

Did you look at that lineup?

Did you look at it?

Nintendo just knew what we wanted, and said ''There it is.''

finalark

SNORLAX
I guess I'll put up what games I'm now interested in:

Dead Space 2
Metal of Honor
Twisted Metal
The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
Kirby's Epic Yarn
The 3DS

I just realized that we still have no idea what the vitality sensor is supposed to be used for.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
I saw some vids and screens. I am very pleased with Nintendo's line-up this year.
My favorite part is the 3DS. So many epic games are coming to it :bee:

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
I guess I'll put up what games I'm now interested in:

Dead Space 2
Metal of Honor
Twisted Metal
The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
Kirby's Epic Yarn
The 3DS

I just realized that we still have no idea what the vitality sensor is supposed to be used for.
What is a vitality sensor? XD

I'm excited for:

Twisted Metal
FFXIV
Kirby's Epic Yarn
3DS
Skyward Sword
Golden Sun
Possibly Dragon Quest IX
Other M <33
Donkey Konggg

I won't like Epic Mickey looks decent too.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I'm curious as to how Super Street Fighter IV will work on the 3DS, especially for Ultras.

Other than that, today was without a doubt a Nintendo fanboy's wet dream come to life.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I didn't like Golden Sun
I thought that Wario Ware DIY was more boring than Touched!
NSMBW gets boring fast
SMG2 was the bomb, which would be the highlight of last year's Nintendo conference
I'm not interested in the Metroid series, no matter how cool Samush looks in the space suit

Or at least those are MY opinions
YOU may not like them, but you can't say that Nintendo had to redeem themselves. This year was AMAZING, but last year was pretty noteworthy too.

(Also, considering you thought that Samus's beam gets weaker with every shot for some reason, I'm not sure you know enough about Metroid to make a judgment about it. And that's not a "space suit"...)

SuperBowser

Smash Lord
Does anyone know what's going to be playable for the 3DS on the showfloor?

There's so many titles that I'm just confused now. I still can't get over how much 3rd party support nintendo finally garnered.

edit: just realised one of the mario kart pictures said it's a demo version....... that means it's playable this e3?

finalark

SNORLAX
but you can't say that Nintendo had to redeem themselves. This year was AMAZING, but last year was pretty noteworthy too.
Last year got my attention again, but this year reminded me why I ever got into Nintendo in the first place. Sure, I could find something to complain about if I thought about it hard enough but I don't care. Today's Nintendo Press Conference was pretty much the best that I've seen in years.

I love how MS, the most popular company amongst "core" gamers gave a conference all about how awesome their motion controller is while Nintendo, the most hated amongst "core" gamers gave the best press conference there. No going on about sales, no gimmicky hardware, just a bunch of games that people want to see and got.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Oh cool, Retro Studios have made good Metroid games.

Oh, wow, they want to try something new. Wonder what it is.

"nuh, nuh, nuh, nuh..."

Oh my god.

*drum beat*

They did not.

*fluttery noise*

Oh my god, they DID.

"HOO-HOOOO-HO"

OH MY GOD, HE'S BACK AGAIN!!!

Kid Icarus Uprising and screenshots of Paper Mario 3DS were cool too.

Jack Kieser

Smash Champion
Does anyone have a link to the Nintendo conference? I'm trying to watch it again, but everyone and their mom is taking SO F'ING LONG to encode the video. I don't want anything fancy... just something that works.

And Nintendo's site isn't working, either, so don't say that.
Did anyone see this?

Top Bottom