• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

E3 2011

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Also give me all the info of this Nintendo conference.

Gamewise.
Here's a link to the games that were featured and confirmed for e3.

http://m.ign.com/articles/1173548

personally, aside from smash, I'm looking forward to Tekken for Wii-U, I've never seen it on a Nintendo console before, and seeing the everso interesting Wii-U controller, I wonder how they are going to play out.

:phone:

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Nintendo might be moving in their right direction, but when ps4 or 720 comes out A year or two later, wii u will look obsolete. Art the same time, ps 3 and 360 are gonna be cheaper with an established library. I think what hardcore gamers might prefer is a more basic controller with better graphics on screen

Divinokage

Smash Legend
In general, I don't really understand Nintendo's wacky concepts as a console. Do they really expect players to move around the living room when you play a video game? lol.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
Nintendo's conference was the most enjoyable to watch. I liked Sony's conference better because of how much information we were given but it was mostly news on games we already knew about. Even the Vita lineup they showed off had barely anything that wasn't already known about (and even then a lot of the games didn't even have trailers Eg. Bioshock). Nintendo's showed off a lot of new games we didn't know anything about.

As for the WiiU, beyond the name, I'm actually looking forward to getting it. If the controller turns out to be as great as it looks, I might just end up buying all my multiplatform games for it. I'd give Nintendo a B+ overall. Not as good as Sony but a lot better than Microsoft.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
Nintendo might be moving in their right direction, but when ps4 or 720 comes out A year or two later, wii u will look obsolete. Art the same time, ps 3 and 360 are gonna be cheaper with an established library. I think what hardcore gamers might prefer is a more basic controller with better graphics on screen

Neither of those are going to be out next year. Nintendo is going to have a year headstart on both competitors (and probably a lot longer than that for PS4).

I also don't believe that the next-next-gen is going to be that much of a graphical improvement over this gen. Nintendo was the only one who really NEEDED to play catch up.

You could easily say that the wii has been made obsolete by the 360/PS3, but that simply isn't true.

Anth0ny

Smash Master
Nintendo's conference was the most enjoyable to watch. I liked Sony's conference better because of how much information we were given but it was mostly news on games we already knew about. Even the Vita lineup they showed off had barely anything that wasn't already known about (and even then a lot of the games didn't even have trailers Eg. Bioshock). Nintendo's showed off a lot of new games we didn't know anything about.

Like Luigi's Mansion 2... and... uh... tech demos for Wii U.

As for the WiiU, beyond the name, I'm actually looking forward to getting it. If the controller turns out to be as great as it looks, I might just end up buying all my multiplatform games for it. I'd give Nintendo a B+ overall. Not as good as Sony but a lot better than Microsoft.
Controller looks ****ing horrible, I have no idea why they couldn't just put some analog sticks on there instead of the 3DS-esque circle pads... even PS Vita is dual analog, and it's a portable.

Sony definitely won this E3. Vita price was a shocker, and I'll be there day one. Nintendo second for failing to even come remotely close to expectations, and Microsoft was just horrible all the way through.

UberMario

Smash Master
In general, I don't really understand Nintendo's wacky concepts as a console. Do they really expect players to move around the living room when you play a video game? lol.
When I play any of the Wii games that use motion controls, I never have to stand up. I'm pretty sure that the Wii-U will be the same, but with more horizontal head movement by the players.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Well there is still the final day tomorrow so I hope if possible people can see more new games being shown there if it's on stream?

Anth0ny

Smash Master
http://gear.ign.com/articles/117/1173644p1.html

"Though it has rounded edges and variations in the front interface, the Wii U is comparable to the original Wii in terms of size and aesthetic design."

Hype?

nope

Wii U looks extremely ugly. I couldn't even believe it when I first saw it, looks like a $20 DVD player upon first glance. Wii was sexy, Gamecube was sexy... this think looks like crap.

But that's not important. WHAT'S IMPORTANT IS THE CONTROLLER IS AWFUL UGH

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Uh...

*glances at Wii, then looks at picture, then glances at the Wii again*

They look almost identical. Don't see how people can think of it as ugly unless they found the Wii to be ugly.

finalark

SNORLAX
Uh...

*glances at Wii, then looks at picture, then glances at the Wii again*

They look almost identical. Don't see how people can think of it as ugly unless they found the Wii to be ugly.

I think the console itself is really nice looking, not liking the controller, though.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Brothers and Sisters of the Geno Alliance, it's time for our heroes resurrection!!!

Smash Four gives our hopes reinvigoration!

OmegaXXII

Brothers and Sisters of the Geno Alliance, it's time for our heroes resurrection!!!

Smash Four gives our hopes reinvigoration!
Holy crap!!

I thought you were dead!!!

Geno fans are gonna get hyped over SSB4's announcement, can't wait. For all the speculation discussions. :)

Mikachiru

Smash Ace
Andriasang said:
What Sakurai hopes to do is have the 3DS version of Smash Bros. allow players to build up their character through battle and rewards, then take their custom character to the Wii U version to face off against everyone. He feels it could be nice if they can make the "personal" portable space and the stadium-like "public" console space mesh together.

Iwata summed it the basic idea nicely: players would spend time on the 3DS version, building up their character and collecting stuff, then show off their skills on the Wii U version.
http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2011/06/09/iwata_asks_smash_bros/

Wow, Sakurai. Wow. :C

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
This is terrible news and needs to be spread around.

From the sounds of things Sakurai isn't prepared at all to tackle both versions of the new SSB. I'm starting to have doubts on whether they can really pull it off. They don't HAVE to make a 3DS version why can't they just focus on the Wii-U one?
Yeah, barely any information about a game that hasn't even started to be made yet has been released so LET'S FREAK OUT.

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMOGMOGMGOMGOMGOGMOGMGOGMOGMGOGMOGMGOGMGOM

OmegaXXII

http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2011/06/09/iwata_asks_smash_bros/

Are you a talented game developer? Then by all means visit the Project Sora page and submit your name to the project! In a closing message in the Iwata Asks column, Sakurai threatened (or possibly joked) that if they can't find appropriate staff, he'll either switch to development on just one platform, or will use a small staff and take five years to make the project.
I laughed at this so hard, so who is he looking for?? Hehe heh.

Thino

Smash Master
not BC with Gamecube = no more plans of me getting rid of my wii lol

that. console. stays. with. me.

Melee and Brawl with GC controller FTMFW

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Regarding planners, Sakurai noted that he's headed up all areas of game balance and character strength settings for past Smash Bros. This time, he's hoping to leave this area to the staff.
This is good.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
I think the problem is that most competitive player don't actually want a NEW smash game, they just expansion packs for melee.
Exactly.

My only real problem with Brawl was the abysmal online and tripping.

I wasn't on SWF back when the Brawl hype was going around. If it gets that bad I might have to take leave again XD

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
I don't want melee, I'm not gonna lie I would love Melee two but thats unrealistic. I just want a smash that is ABSOLUTLY nothing like that piece of **** brawl. PLEASE.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I wouldn't mind this "building a character through exp" in the 3ds version and taking it to the Wii U. It's a solid element for a casual gamer. Most certainly, these things won't be allowed on the competitive scene, and possibly online tournaments (depending on how Wii U's online system is). It'd be nice to customize already established characters, and great to play as yourself (though will it still be the stupid giant head Miis?).

However, when it comes to competitive, we'll still be using the basic roster IMO.

Also, I'm personally not planning on getting a 3DS, but I do hope for funs sake they have this create a character type thing on the Wii U version.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Exactly.

My only real problem with Brawl was the abysmal online and tripping.

I wasn't on SWF back when the Brawl hype was going around. If it gets that bad I might have to take leave again XD
Well, I have returned. That has to be a sign of times to come

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
This is terrible news and needs to be spread around.

From the sounds of things Sakurai isn't prepared at all to tackle both versions of the new SSB. I'm starting to have doubts on whether they can really pull it off. They don't HAVE to make a 3DS version why can't they just focus on the Wii-U one?
False alarm everyone I didn't realize this interview was taken a while back.

Yeah, barely any information about a game that hasn't even started to be made yet has been released so LET'S FREAK OUT.

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMOGMOGMGOMGOMGOGMOGMGOGMOGMGOGMOGMGOGMGOM
But as for you...

Thino

Smash Master
3DS still doesnt have my wallet , Vita's pricing just made it worse, only game getting my attention on 3DS is MK3DS so far

Top Bottom