• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - E3 Invitational 2014 E3 2014 Rumor/Leak Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Wait, if that's his standard suit, why isn't he wearing a tie?
Well, that's probably the sort of detail a leaker would leave out.

On that note, could we get some comparisons of the hands of other characters on the 3DS and Reggie's? Because his hands look awful...

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
I come back and we are honestly, seriously, discussing a leak that says Reggie is a playable character. I'm gonna go

T-800

Smash Apprentice
I remember how ridiculous people thought it was that ROB could possibly be a character in Brawl when he was leaked. I don't think anything is off the table when it comes to Sakurai.

MunchyMunch

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MushroomMuncher
I remember how ridiculous people thought it was that ROB could possibly be a character in Brawl when he was leaked. I don't think anything is off the table when it comes to Sakurai.
Probably because he was a forgotten character and one of the reasons NA got out of their video game crash.

So that means...
Ultra-Hand confirmed.

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
I come back and we are honestly, seriously, discussing a leak that says Reggie is a playable character. I'm gonna go
Of course it's totally serious. We would never have a sarcastic discussion about Reggie.

WHAT KIND OF PEOPLE DO YOU THINK WE ARE!??!?!?

Last edited:

Moldy Clay

Smash Journeyman
NNID
frothyjazz54
3DS FC
3050-8737-8491
I'm guessing rows just to appeal to Melee fans.
Honestly, despite my preferring Brawl to Melee, I actually liked the rows more, but it made sense in Brawl anyway. I think think it looks cooler to see all the characters in a series NEXT to each other as opposed to below. So I would support this. I am just curious if characters would just squeeze their way in, or have slots elsewhere. Hmm... Assuming there are even secrets. :troll:

On a totally unrelated note, do you happen to frequent GoNintendo? I recognize your username.
Yes. I draw pictures on there too, every other weekend (Poopaloop drew pics too, but I haven't seen anything from him in like a month or two). I just recently drew a "You'll get no sympathy from me" pic of Ike/Chrom (which was just a joke, but someone got upset with me), which I saw someone else here has a similar Miiverse/sig drawing of basically the same idea.

I'm sorry to say that I don't recognize you though, but I love your avatar. I do know I've seen other GN users here, including MasterOfMonster.

Also, just imagine how dated this game would feel if and when Reggie eventually retires. I don't see him getting in.
Not that I think this pic is at all real, or that Reggie will be in the game, but being "dated" never stopped SSB before, with characters, designs and stages being very specific to the era they're from. The only thing that really prevents a lot of these things from looking dated is the fact most of them get re-released a lot.

Reggie would still be funny, but the only way I really see him getting in, and this is how I felt since the idea was first mentioned, is that if Mii gets in, one of the default costumes (I would assume you could use your own Mii, or choose from pre-made ones) being Reggie's Mii.

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
Of course it's totally serious. We would never have a sarcastic discussion about Reggie.

WHAT KIND OF PEOPLE DO YOU THINK WE ARE!??!?!?
Ones who think simple text disproves a leak.

Kidding of course. That's the most solid evidence we have against the leak and I'm pretty sure it's fake now. But I still think we're overhyping the text as being the make or break. It's changed while in development for many games. And the leak is of the demo. Very likely that design was made by someone who didn't design the other menus. Who's to say he didn't use the regular font for the demo menu?

I agree though, it's likely fake, but we cannot count out those possibilities as fast as we are making the assumptions that it is fake.

Fake or not, our roster is most definently all Brawl Veterans - Snake, Squirtle, and Ivysaur not included, plus the Sal leak, plus Ridley and Mewtwo. Maybe a case could be made for K Rool over Lucas, Wolf, or even ROB, but I highly doubt it considering only people online care about K Rool anymore.

Last edited:

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
Honestly, despite my preferring Brawl to Melee, I actually liked the rows more, but it made sense in Brawl anyway. I think think it looks cooler to see all the characters in a series NEXT to each other as opposed to below. So I would support this. I am just curious if characters would just squeeze their way in, or have slots elsewhere. Hmm... Assuming there are even secrets. :troll:

Yes. I draw pictures on there too, every other weekend (Poopaloop drew pics too, but I haven't seen anything from him in like a month or two). I just recently drew a "You'll get no sympathy from me" pic of Ike/Chrom (which was just a joke, but someone got upset with me), which I saw someone else here has a similar Miiverse/sig drawing of basically the same idea.

I'm sorry to say that I don't recognize you though, but I love your avatar. I do know I've seen other GN users here, including MasterOfMonster.

Not that I think this pic is at all real, or that Reggie will be in the game, but being "dated" never stopped SSB before, with characters, designs and stages being very specific to the era they're from. The only thing that really prevents a lot of these things from looking dated is the fact most of them get re-released a lot.

Reggie would still be funny, but the only way I really see him getting in, and this is how I felt since the idea was first mentioned, is that if Mii gets in, one of the default costumes (I would assume you could use your own Mii, or choose from pre-made ones) being Reggie's Mii.
I very rarely ever post on GoNintendo. I mostly just browse popular news stories and read through some comments.

Mario has, what, 5 reps now? That would mean if they go with columns, then it'd have to be 5 tall, which means if there are 45 characters, it's only 9 characters wide? If there are 50 then it's 10? Doesn't leave much room for the player slots if the portraits fill the whole width of the screen.

I think putting franchises beside each other is more likely.

Last edited:

MunchyMunch

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MushroomMuncher
At least when we get to play the Best Buy demos, we can see the Character Selection screen and disprove these "Roster leaks".

Thank God for the demos.

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
Ones who think simple text disproves a leak.

Kidding of course. That's the most solid evidence we have against the leak and I'm pretty sure it's fake now. But I still think we're overhyping the text as being the make or break. It's changed while in development for many games. And the leak is of the demo. Very likely that design was made by someone who didn't design the other menus. Who's to say he didn't use the regular font for the demo menu?

I agree though, it's likely fake, but we cannot count out those possibilities as fast as we are making the assumptions that it is fake.

Fake or not, our roster is most definently all Brawl Veterans - Snake, Squirtle, and Ivysaur not included, plus the Sal leak, plus Ridley. Maybe a case could be made for K Rool over Lucas, Wolf, or even ROB, but I highly doubt it considering only people online care about K Rool anymore.
I have to disagree with you. One I don't believe the Sal leak mainly because of Mii and the idea of 12 chorus men playing on the 3DS. I also still think Ridley will not be playable. Watch at E3, King K will get shown in his HD glory.

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
I have to disagree with you. One I don't believe the Sal leak mainly because of Mii and the idea of 12 chorus men playing on the 3DS. I also still think Ridley will not be playable. Watch at E3, King K will get shown in his HD glory.
You also don't believe Sal because you're too worried about your precious Female FE character getting cut. I get it though. I've wanted to disprove obviously real leaks before due to my own bias, but you really need to start accounting for that and recognize that the Sal leak has got to be true.

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
You also don't believe Sal because you're too worried about your precious Female FE character getting cut. I get it though. I've wanted to disprove obviously real leaks before due to my own bias, but you really need to start accounting for that and recognize that the Sal leak has got to be true.

Now wait a second. You kept on telling us that we shouldn't hop up and say that the roster leak was false after we pointed out a few things. I don't understand why you can hop on a leak and say it "has got to be true."

And yes, I think that there will be a FE female, Duck Hunt Dog, no Mii, and no Chorus Men. So I personally don't believe in the leak, but am open to saying it might be true.

Last edited:

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Didn't Sakurai announce he was having trouble with just the Ice Climbers on the 3DS? If so, then what does that bode for the Chorus men considering they are regularly in a group of three?

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
Didn't Sakurai announce he was having trouble with just the Ice Climbers on the 3DS? If so, then what does that bode for the Chorus men considering they are regularly in a group of three?
Exactly what I've been trying to say. Sure he got Rosalina and Luma to work. But that's two characters. Not three.

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
Now wait a second. You kept on telling us that we shouldn't hop up and say that the roster leak was false after we pointed out a few things. I don't understand why you can hop on a leak and say it "has got to be true."
Because the evidence is there. There is nothing that can disprove the sal leak besides saying he is lying. Which that has evidence against it considering he leaked not only Villager and Mega Man being shown at E3 (Mega Man may have been an easy pic, but Sakurai previously said Villager will never be in Smash, so a very risky pic) but he leaked Wii Fit Trainer. Who absolutely NO ONE could have predicted. I don't care what anyone says. You could also say him saying "pokemon from X/Y" being a leak for Greninja, but that's giving him a lot of credit.

That was before Rosalina and Luma were announced. So obviously that problem was fixed.

Last edited:

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
On a general note... why are leak offscreen photos always taken in rooms with terrible lighting? What kinds of places are these photos allegedly taking place? Is it supposed to be an office? =P

D

Deleted member

Well, that's probably the sort of detail a leaker would leave out.

On that note, could we get some comparisons of the hands of other characters on the 3DS and Reggie's? Because his hands look awful...
The hands are what I see to be a major issue with the credibility of this leak (not that I would believe it otherwise). All of the characters we have seen so far (to the best of my knowledge and regardless of version) don't have such horrendous-looking, rock-esque hands with simple lines denoting the spaces between the fingers.

For example: some characters from the Wii U version:

And then some characters from the 3DS version:

Obviously a slight difference in quality exists between both versions, but on the whole the difference is not too great for the 3DS hand quality of the characters to be considered terrible overall.

Now then, compare these pictures with one of Waluigi (AT) from the Wii U version:

Here you see can see a wide disparity between the quality of the character's hands and that of a less significant character such as an Assist Trophy (although I do hope Waluigi's hands get polished up before release).

From these pictures it is thus made obvious that one of the major things the developers want to prevent is having the playable character's models look low quality in either version, thus allowing for some lower quality to exist in other areas in order to prevent this. Thus, if this picture of Reggie as a playable character is true, I can't imagine that his hands would look like that when they chose to present him.

PS: Thank you for reading.

Last edited by a moderator:

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
Because the evidence is there. There is nothing that can disprove the sal leak besides saying he is lying. Which that has evidence against it considering he leaked not only Villager and Mega Man being shown at E3 (Mega Man may have been an easy pic, but Sakurai previously said Villager will never be in Smash, so a very risky pic) but he leaked Wii Fit Trainer. Who absolutely NO ONE could have predicted. I don't care what anyone says. You could also say him saying "pokemon from X/Y" being a leak for Greninja, but that's giving him a lot of credit.
I don't think you understand the fact that. 1. He missed Little Mac, Pac Man, and Mii when he said they would be announced and 2. Just because he got some right so far doesn't mean that he will get all of them right. If you look at past leaks we can see that we never said they all must be real because they haven't gotten anything wrong yet. Also, I think a few other people did guess Wii Fit Trainer to be playable.

I'm just saying, don't believe what isn't there just yet, because it might not happen. I'll be glad once E3 comes to prove or disprove this leak once and for all.

Once all the characters he says are confirmed, then you can say it's real dude.

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
On a general note... why are leak offscreen photos always taken in rooms with terrible lighting? What kinds of places are these photos allegedly taking place? Is it supposed to be an office? =P
Well, it's someplace with a number of computers and a Mario figurine that looks identical to the one I own.

The hands are what I see to be a major issue with the credibility of this leak (not that I would believe it otherwise). All of the characters we have seen so far (to the best of my knowledge and regardless of version) don't have such horrendous-looking, rock-esque hands with simple lines denoting the spaces between the fingers.

For example: some characters from the Wii U version:

And then some characters from the 3DS version:

Obviously a slight difference in quality exists between both versions, but on the whole the difference is not too great for the 3DS hand quality of the characters to be considered terrible overall.

Now then, compare these pictures with one of Waluigi (AT) from the Wii U version:

Here you see can see a wide disparity between the quality of the character's hands and that of a less significant character such as an Assist Trophy (although I do hope Waluigi's hands get polished up before release).

From these pictures it is thus made obvious that one of the major things the developers want to prevent is having the playable character's models look low quality in either version, thus allowing for some lower quality to exist in other areas in order to prevent this. Thus, if this picture of Reggie as a playable character is true, I can't imagine that his hands would look like that when they chose to present him.

PS: Thank you for reading.
Yeah, is it just me, or does Reggie's left hand not have fingers?

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
I've been gone all day and really don't want to read 20+ pages so...is the roster leak still alive? Plus what is new and such.

D

Deleted member

I've been gone all day and really don't want to read 20+ pages so...is the roster leak still alive? Plus what is new and such.
As far as I know it hasn't been completely debunked, also another leak was released with an absolutely disgusting Ridley model on the character select screen to somehow show proof that Ridley was playable. Also, just recently @ BluePikmin11 BluePikmin11 brought up a 3DS character leak of Reggie which we were just discussing.

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
I don't think you understand the fact that. 1. He missed Little Mac, Pac Man, and Mii when he said they would be announced and 2. Just because he got some right so far doesn't mean that he will get all of them right. If you look at past leaks we can see that we never said they all must be real because they haven't gotten anything wrong yet. Also, I think a few other people did guess Wii Fit Trainer to be playable.

I'm just saying, don't believe what isn't there just yet, because it might not happen. I'll be glad once E3 comes to prove or disprove this leak once and for all.

Once all the characters he says are confirmed, then you can say it's real dude.
I... I... I don't even know what to say. I'm so lost for words that you would think those reasons out weigh what he got right. He didn't miss Little Mac, he was announced later. Who's to say he wasn't given a list of some of the newcomers and Nintendo decided who to reveal at E3? How can you possibly know 3 of the characters he said would be in the game were revealed at E3 and still think he's gotten lucky? No one guessed Wii Fit Trainer. Find somewhere where someone guessed it, but don't waste your time. All of the characters he has leaked have either been confirmed to be in the game, or not revealed yet. He got some right so far? How about all of them right so far and some still to be confirmed. Once all the characters are revealed then I can say it's true? When he hasn't been wrong yet and leaked "out there" characters you can assume the best. Which is what I'm doing. Let's pretend after E3 we know of Pac-Man, Mii, Shulk, and Chorus Men are now in the game. Will you still not believe it? Just because Chrom hadn't been announced at that point you'll still think it's fake because of the Female FE rep barely anyone has ever heard of? Because that's what you just said. I seriously am lost how you can possibly be leaning towards fake on the sal leak.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom