• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - E3 Invitational 2014 E3 2014 speculation: Any more to come?

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I see us getting Pac-Man, and the remaining newcomers in the Smash Elite 4 (Palutena, Ridley, and K. Rool).
No. Too many newcomers revealed by then. Nine? Out of what is probably less than 14?

It's Pac-Man and Miis. Maybe we get Dixie/Crumb/Krystal/Palutena/Yourmom/whoever between now and then, but we have to remember some characters will be secret. Like, we probably won't see the Zelda newcomer if there is one. Or the Kirby one. We may not see Chrom/Ike/Whoever either. I would say Ridley (if he's in) would probably be a secret character, alongside Mewtwo.

If Nintendo is super cool, which I know they're often not, they would tie in a Krystal reveal with a Star Fox game.

Last edited:

9Volt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Star_Fox_Team
If Ridley is coming, I suppose that in this E3 he gonna make his BIG apparence.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
A lot of people could say the same thing about the people clinging onto the Palutena "leak".
You can't. People who believe in the Palutena leak can typically back their claim with some evidence. People who believe in the E3 leak almost cling to any hope and ignore glaring issues. The Plautena leak is more rational where the E3 leak is emotional.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
You can't. People who believe in the Palutena leak can typically back their claim with some evidence. People who believe in the E3 leak almost cling to any hope and ignore glaring issues. The Plautena leak is more rational where the E3 leak is emotional.
I would agree that the Palutena leak is more rational than the E3 leak, but I'm still rather hesitant on those leaked Palutena pictures. It seems too suspicious.

Stphntoth

Smash Rookie
NNID
Gamefan1992
3DS FC
4339-2569-8710
Switch FC
8139-1515-0706
Here's what I think for this E3
4 Newcomers: Ridley Chrom Mii And the final 3rd Party Rep
Veterans coming back: Mewtwo Mr. Game and Watch Meta Knight ZSS and Wario
Confirmation of Alternate Costumes (Dr. Mario for Mario and Female Villager for the AC Villager)
Release Date: Holidays 2014

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
E3 2014? Hmmm... it would probably show a trailer with all the confirmed characters from June 2013 to May 2014... and then confirm some more newcomers like Mii (butthurting people), then Pac-Man (butthurting more people), then finally Mewtwo (the pain relief cream to soothe the butthurt people)... and then the release date is officially announced for 2015. :awesome:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Take the talk about leak plausability to the rumour thread please. Use them as why you think certain characters will be shown at E3 by all means though.

Halfhead

Smash Journeyman
If I were Nintendo, I would show Wario, Meta Knight, Ice Climbers, Captain Falcon, and Mewtwo as veterans and maybe two or three newcomers. One of those newcomers would definitely be Pac-Man.

nat pagle

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0834-1759-2409
Better yet, why does everyone thinking we're getting a third 3rd party slot? Megaman is clearly replacing Snake if Snake isn't coming back.
Agreed. We have plenty of 1st party characters who have not been represented yet like Waluigi, Bowser Jr., etc.

PikaJew

Banned via Warnings
I think we'll definitely see at least one more newcomer before E3 and some more veterans.
I'm guessing we'll get Diddy sometime this month. Yoshi will likely be the only one in March. Lucas and/or Ike in April. Wario in May for Mario Kart, and perhaps the new retro character to coincide with NES Remix 2.

The E3 lineup will likely be Pac-Man and Mii (if the rumours are true).
And then a couple remaining vets like Ice Climbers, Metaknight, Zero Suit Samus, Sheik and finally a revamped Ganondorf to act as the main villain in the video.

More characters will trickle out afterwards likely with Falco, Mr. Game & Watch, Ness and Captain Falcon.
There will probably be one more newcomer reveal before the game is released. King K. Rool and Ridley are obvious fan favourites on this site, but they would need to release one last character to get everyone talking. Or if they don't want to release another newcomer before, a reworked Snake would get the people talking.
So ideally it would be a late August or September release for the Wii U version.
The 3DS would be released a few months later. This would help push Wii U sales making it the only option first. This big of a game being released on both platforms at the same time would result in many people just picking up a copy for 3DS, instead of actually going out and purchasing a whole new console for it.

Once the game is released the final hidden characters will be revealed until it comes out for 3DS.
We will see the characters people had at the bottom of their lists for returning like R.O.B, Wolf, Pokemon Trainer (with the same Pokemon, but showcasing Mega Evolutions as a Final Smash) a rejuvenated Snake and the epic return of Jigglypuff.
And of course the rest of the newcomers.

Tree Cat

Smash Cadet
Pacman, chibi robo, and ridley will be revealed. There will be a huge trailer and the release date at the end.

EDIT: Bowser Jr. will be released before then

Last edited:

andimidna

Smash Master
E3 will take place on June 10-12 this year so that's 21-22 weeks. Times that by 5 and that makes 105-110 pictures so a lot could and will change before then.

What we know is
A. The game will be released this year so it seems as good a time as any to announce a release for at least one version.
B. There's a better than good chance of a newcomer being revealed as they have trailers accompanying them.

What do you think will happen at E3? Me personally, if the game has another third party character Like Pac-Man or Snake they'll be shown off.

Click here for the countdown to E3 2014.
I'd guess (based on my own roster, not that I think my roster is going to happen):
Mewtwo (hype)
Captain Falcon (hype with no other time to be shown)
Ness (obvious return with no other time to be shown)
Ridley (hype)
Snake (3rd party hype)
Pac Man (3rd party hype)
Bayonetta (3rd party hype next to a Bayonetta 2 trailer)
Shulk (hype next to a X trailer)
Anna and Tiki (team) (Anna's b-day next to a FE-SMT trailer)
Midna and Wolf Link (transformation of Link after his Final Smash) (next to FINALLY seeing a Zelda U trailer)

It's not a very safe guess, but hey, neither was Sal Romano's!

EDIT: This is under the circumstances that I'm right in guessing Yoshi, Ike, Chrom and Lucina, Palutena, and Meta Knight will all have already been revealed... and these characters and Lucas and Falco will have not instead.

Last edited:

the smash nerd

Smash Ace
NNID
Nick.s3dsWiFi2
3DS FC
0344-9996-3724
Here's what I think for this E3
4 Newcomers: Ridley Chrom Mii And the final 3rd Party Rep
Veterans coming back: Mewtwo Mr. Game and Watch Meta Knight ZSS and Wario
Confirmation of Alternate Costumes (Dr. Mario for Mario and Female Villager for the AC Villager) Release Date Holidays 2014
My way Newcomers Shulk Pac Man Chrom Mii And Krystal,
Veterans Mewtwo Captain Falcon Ness Mr. Game and Watch Meta Knight ZSS and Wario,
Confirmation of Alternate Costumes,
And Release Date 6/16/14 [Wii U] 6/18/14 [3DS]

Last edited:

MrBond

Smash Cadet
Another possibility, a market strategy in another sense, could be Nintendo fully revealing Smash4 at this E3 and Reggie/Iwata would say Smash4 will be available today/tomorrow.

Then some other character reveals on the website and/or game announcements to tie in with character reveals (ie: a new star fox game with a Krystal reveal...still hoping!).

What I personally think is that Smash4 will come out somewhere between end of May to late July...any later than early July and I won't have time to play the game before I start college :/

tmrd

Smash Rookie
Imagine if they were like "lol hey guys Banjo-Kazooie are playable"

MY GOSH IMAGINE THE HYPE
(i mean, it'd never happen.)

BUT I WOULD STILL BUY 1000 WIIUS FOR IT

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I hope that if they do a demo the remove all the extra data so we don't get the whole game spoiled when hackers happen.

DeathFox137

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Tech137
A playable demo sounds cool. Yet again, I am not sure what to expect to be shown in E3.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I hope that if they do a demo the remove all the extra data so we don't get the whole game spoiled when hackers happen.
I hope they leave the extra data in, so I can know all I need to know.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
No matter what direct you take atleast 1 newcomer is locked and also if more than 1 one of them will be a hype which will be the following

Ridley (most requested newcomer
Mewtwo(most wanted veteran)
Pac-man (only because of a the worlds first game in history with mario sonic megaman and pac-man in the same game)
King k rool (very highly requested)
Palutena (same as king k rool)
Mach rider or duck hunt dog (same reaction as some of the fans when wii fit trainer was announced)

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Here's an idea.

Just kidding. Only God (and Sakurai) knows what we'll see!

Last edited:

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
E3 reveal: Sakurai confirms food is returning. He then has Nintendo executives invade E3 and bomb everyone with food.

Trigger123

Smash Journeyman
I hope miis aren't revealed, ever. I don't like the concept of them being in smash, especially as a character for E3. I wouldn't mind pacman, could care less if he's in or not.
But come on!! Ridley or mewtwo would be the best characters to revail at E3, it would hype the game so much. K rool would be good too and hopefully a new star fox game

the smash nerd

Smash Ace
NNID
Nick.s3dsWiFi2
3DS FC
0344-9996-3724
I hope miis aren't revealed, ever. I don't like the concept of them being in smash, especially as a character for E3. I wouldn't mind pacman, could care less if he's in or not.
But come on!! Ridley or mewtwo would be the best characters to revail at E3, it would hype the game so much. K rool would be good too and hopefully a new star fox game
Hay Ridley is Not going to be in Ssb4 or at e3 2014 but :mewtwopm: I/m in.

Last edited:
Top Bottom