• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

E3 Expectations for Brawl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baelen

Smash Cadet
people just want spoilers that will ruin the surprises of the game. Bottom line: they are impatient. Plus, the millions of rumors and conjectures floating around just aggravate the problem.

spjd

Smash Apprentice
Well, I personally couldn't care less if the game is playable or not, seeing as I'm not gonna be there.
But I hope thay at least show a lengthy trailer, with some character revelations.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
just returning characters, yoshi, DK, and falcon (he'll most likely be the next confirmed...i mean we have samaurai goroh), no newcomers, online play (please be yes) and a release date, i'll be happy with that

mood4food77

Smash Hero
just returning characters, yoshi, DK, and falcon (he'll most likely be the next confirmed...i mean we have samaurai goroh), no newcomers, online play (please be yes) and a release date, i'll be happy with that

Speedsk8er

Smash Champion
Expect to be disappointed. With Nintendo's current mainstream gaming initiative, we can only hope that they don't abandon us, the hardcore.

Zinfandel

Smash Journeyman
I have heard a rumor that Brawl will be released in Europe in '08 and will get Mario Kart in '07 instead. Vice versa for North America. If this is true then I will be seriously P.Oed considering I will start my ten-month military service in Sweden *starting January 2008*

-...-, I certainly hope I will get sympathy from you privileged Americans if this turns out to be true...

Jossy

Smash Apprentice
"Nintendo has announced that Super Smash Brothers Brawl will not be playable on the upcoming E3. This is not due to any developing process or delays, it will still be released in 2007 around the world. The reason why Nintendo has decided to not make this game playable on the E3 is because it didn't fit the style of the other games. Since the scale of this E3 is going to be smaller than previous years, Nintendo is coming with a smaller collection of games related to their so called 'theme'. Titles expected to be announced are Wii Mario Kart and Wii Kirby. Mario Galaxy will also not appear on the next E3. "

Source: InsideGamer.NL

VivaLaPuff

Smash Apprentice
They say that if Sonic is going to be in the game, E3 is the place to announce it.

I hope not.

Part of the awesomeness of Melee was not going online for spoilers and finding all the secret characters myself. I was like GANONDORF FTW.

I think seeing Sonic's familiar silhouette out of nowhere in the CHALLENGER APPROACHING screen would be BADASS.

Zinfandel

Smash Journeyman
"Nintendo has announced that Super Smash Brothers Brawl will not be playable on the upcoming E3. This is not due to any developing process or delays, it will still be released in 2007 around the world. The reason why Nintendo has decided to not make this game playable on the E3 is because it didn't fit the style of the other games. Since the scale of this E3 is going to be smaller than previous years, Nintendo is coming with a smaller collection of games related to their so called 'theme'. Titles expected to be announced are Wii Mario Kart and Wii Kirby. Mario Galaxy will also not appear on the next E3. "

Source: InsideGamer.NL
It BETTER be all over the world well before January 2008, seeing as there will be nothing but sweat and military stuff for ten months during 2008 for me.
Basically, I'll be skirting virtual combat training in favor of martial combat training.
I'm not sure if that is the best choice :D

chiyo-chan' dad

Smash Ace
I just want to say if you get any E3 info, post it here for people like me, it will help a lot, thanks. (This E3 is going to be so sick)

Obikun

Smash Apprentice
i didnt know E3 was still going.
E3 is still up and running. The only difference is that, because of some problems that they were having, they decided to make it more "exclusive". Most of the people that can go there now are mostly magazine people and others (don't know if paying or something will help you get in).

Inferno_blaze

Smash Lord
Tommorow at I think it's 4am Pacific time or something. I'm really not sure what time as I come from the UK but it's tommorow. They have the times on their site.

beta_prime

Smash Journeyman
The Microsoft conference is 8:30 tonight, Nintendo is 9:00 am tommorow, and Sony is tommorow at 11:30 am.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
You in the same time zone as the actual even so it should be 9:00 for you.

It sucks being in the eastern time zone.

beta_prime

Smash Journeyman
I'm eastern so I won't be able to watch them until 3 hours after those times. And since you're in pacific those times are the times you'll be able to see them.

MauFonseca

Smash Rookie
In think, there will be new characters anounced in the E3 as well as stages. Maybe lots of returning characters. And also a new trailer.

Now, for Online play and Release Date, there's a maybe.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Missed my 300th post so here 301

In think, there will be new characters anounced in the E3 as well as stages. Maybe lots of returning characters. And also a new trailer.

Now, for Online play and Release Date, there's a maybe.
As I said, character parade. Like with Melee. Hopefully Nintendo will reveal their Q4 line up.

beta_prime

Smash Journeyman
You just asked that on the other thread. It's tommorow at 9 and yes you can watch on G4 and I don't know what time.

Procrasticritter

Smash Journeyman
I wouldn't be surprised if i hears alot of cheers and applause tomorrow morning in the hotel lobby. lol you guys might actually hear about the press conference before me, since I will probably be in one of the meeting rooms working, while its going on. Does anybody know what websites it will be streaming live on? and which one's you can watch it on for free, without having to subscribe to?

SMBEffect

Smash Apprentice
I couldn't be mroe excited for E3. I know IGN posted something in regards to Nintendo unveiling some suprises and I couldn't be more excited.

Got Blood?

Smash Lord
Mario Kart & Kirby for Wii would be cool if they didn't end up showing Brawl.Of I wouldn't mind if they showed brawl.:grin:

axi0n

Smash Apprentice
Can't wait for 9am tomorrow. I'm expecting E3 to have a new super smash trailer with maybe 1 or 2 returning characters and 1 newcomer (If we're lucky) Sakurai already gave us Zelda and Bowser so I doubt he'll give us to many more returning characters. Hopefully we'll get to see DK and Yoshi and MAYBE Captain Falcon. Can't say who the newcomer will be IF we even get one.

Procrasticritter

Smash Journeyman
I'm really hoping for an announcement about Starfox on the Wii and I hope Nintendo is doing it themselves this time... I really love that series and its about time it reclaims its position among the top tier Nintendo franchises

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
I'm really hoping for an announcement about Starfox on the Wii and I hope Nintendo is doing it themselves this time... I really love that series and its about time it reclaims its position among the top tier Nintendo franchises
AGREED completely... They need to make another one as great as SF64...

I hope we get something for E3... if they give us nothing... it's gonna be sad : (

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom