• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

E4S: Champion results

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
Fow getting first with...Ness! IDK what to say about that. I could of swore Ness was a horrible character =x Holy crap good **** Fow.
This community needs to get that terrible mindset out! It's the player that makes the character. Players like Fow have taken characters to new heights! Stop putting characters in boxes. Thinking like that is why mk got banned. Upgrade characters!! Just like M2k did with mk, Esam did with Pikachu, I did with Lucas, and Fow did with Ness!

Way to go Fow!! And good stuff Mr. ConCon. That wifi training huh!? lol

Lol I think when I first entered the scene in 2010 I think I remember everyone was saying how bad Olimar was because of his recovery. The irony
Positive thinking guys!

Cassio

Smash Master
The fools that keep stating FOW needs to put MK next to his name need to get out. It didnt need to be stated once let alone 10 times. Stop trying to take away from FOWs accomplishment, if youre that concerned with your pro-ban agenda talk to john about it outside this thread because this isnt the place for it and is super disrespectful.

Itsnotmyfault

Smash Journeyman
It's not a matter of taking way from his accomplishment. If he used MK in a set it should go next to his name.

Either way, the success with both Luigi and Ness at this tournament is some inspiring stuff.

Cassio

Smash Master
It's not a matter of taking way from his accomplishment. If he used MK in a set it should go next to his name.
No1 is taking away his accomplishments you just really can't ignore that he did use the character in WFs against a top player.
I am well aware that he also beat other top players such as tyrant (twice iirc) and Tearbear with Ness
:phone:
Missing the point
BUT HE HAS TO PUT IT NEXT TO HIS NAME THO TAG WTFDFDSFSLDZKDHFLKGHDZa;srljgtualzkfxbvjnfkghubkSDG:LKASRGJ

:mad::mad::mad: :mad::mad::mad:
Gets the point.

Take your irrelevant complaint somewhere else.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
lol yeah ppl love to fill the boards w/ stupid smashpolitics rule bs, just ignore it, its really a rather small part of the community

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
If you really want to know the reasoning behind using MK against Havok

FOW is confident in playing Ness vs MK, and MK vs Snake. He absolutely dislikes Ness vs Snake, and feels that the MK ditto is a gamble. He's often mentioned that the winner of the first game between the two of them would have a pretty strong advantage in the set.

Havok went Snake for games 1 and 2, and FOW ended up winning the game 3 MK ditto so Ness did not become necessary in the set. If FOW lost, game 4 would probably have been either MK vs Snake or Ness vs MK, depending on Havok's character decision.

pesticide

Smash Lord
i can obviously understand using MK vs Snake. Ness vs Snake is a dumb match up

so while he should *technically* have MK next to his name, Fow's ness is really what won the tournament

(im not in any way detracting from what Fow did with ness)

Marcbri

Smash Lord
NNID
Marcbri
Marcbri, even though what Mekos said is egotistical, I think it is also true. There's no reason to quote him and say "lol ego" because that doesn't make you any better for making a post just to say that.

bbl have to leave college now
It may be true, I haven't seen much of him to be honest, but yeah my point was more into him having a lot of ego, not trying to say he's not right or anything.

Also, wtf Luigi beating dehf, is that recorded?

BSP

Smash Legend
Good stuff to Mrconcon with that :luigi2: rep

And step it up BAM, I know you can do better

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
lol nothing I says is egotistical. It is only that way if u have some weird insecurities. I don't down talk anyone. And just talk about the negativity in the community or try to give tips about doubles lol. I basically stated that m2k, Esam, Fow, and I worked hard to advance our characters. I bet when the game first came out people said Pikachu was trash. People need to stop calling characters trash and just advance them. If u don't have anything positive to say then don't say anything at all.

Lol some people always take what I say out of context. I just want to get better and want everyone to get better. Negative attitudes/comments disgust me that's all and doesn't help anything. I play lucas and all I here is lucas is a trash character. Well I'm still gonna do my best to advance him no matter what the community thinks.

And It's a terrible cycle cuz when a character does do well, people will just say the other person doesn't know the matchup. lolol
Mentality like that doesn't help the community grow and is why a character got banned.
And it saddens me cuz if yall havn't noticed are community is DYING...

U prove my point Marcbri. Never said anything about placings. I don't care if I get dead last every tourney. I still have advanced lucas as a character and will continue to do my best. But me stating that means I have a big ego? Get out of here. And then u continue to say "what Larry lost to a luigi?".

-Jumpman-

Smash Champion
lol nothing I says is egotistical. It is only that way if u have some weird insecurities. I don't down talk anyone. And just talk about the negativity in the community or try to give tips about doubles lol. I basically stated that m2k, Esam, Fow, and I worked hard to advance our characters. I bet when the game first came out people said Pikachu was trash. People need to stop calling characters trash and just advance them. If u don't have anything positive to say then don't say anything at all.

Lol some people always take what I say out of context. I just want to get better and want everyone to get better. Negative attitudes/comments disgust me that's all and doesn't help anything. I play lucas and all I here is lucas is a trash character. Well I'm still gonna do my best to advance him no matter what the community thinks.

And It's a terrible cycle cuz when a character does do well, people will just say the other person doesn't know the matchup. lolol
Mentality like that doesn't help the community grow and is why a character got banned.
Narcissism definitely isn't a result of weird insecurities. And arrogance isn't something that one concludes based on one's own knowledge, but rather on the the impression that it leaves. And yeah, thinking you're good enough to give tips is def. arrogant.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I think all of you should stop *****ing about irrelevant things and start talking about how MrConCon is actually the best player in the universe.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I don't know the full payment scheme, sorry, but I know it went down to top 8 and the grand finals were essentially a $125 money match.

$400 + $100 bonus = $500 total
1. FOW $250 (50%)
2. Tyrant $125 (25%)
7. MrConCon $10 (2%)
7. Vato_Break $10 (2%)

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Nice job FOW and Mr.ConCon. Get vids up ASAP.

Melo

Smash Rookie

U prove my point Marcbri. Never said anything about placings. I don't care if I get dead last every tourney. I still have advanced lucas as a character and will continue to do my best. But me stating that means I have a big ego? Get out of here. And then u continue to say "what Larry lost to a luigi?".
Funny how you mention you hate negative comments and attitudes but back at pound 5 you were the epitome of negativity when you lost because of how bad Lucas is. lol
You were even mad to want to main a better character so don't start expressing false emotions when you were the same way.

But anyways I came in this thread to say, good stuff Fow. Amazing stuff.
These results are mad crazy, DEHF @ 9th? lol

Top Bottom