• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Easiest Character to Gimp

Snowstalker

Smash Ace
Yoshi isn't at the top of either list, but he's one of the harder characters to gimp. The supposed footstool jump--> instant kill technique forgot about air dodges.

TheFast

Smash Lord
I dont think people think Yoshi is easy to gimp anymore after yoshis metagame developed and if you do........... Go play a Yoshi. When I played Mario I would have to get REALLY LUCKY and get like 4 capes off just to kill the RaptorHorse. You can spike him easly cuz he is quick with Super Armor. Stoolhop only works if the yoshi like messes up a dair or something and end up hitting you slightly up vs shooting down. Hitting him after is 2nd jump -_________- once in like 10 match might you do this and eggs will still be enough to get back.

Thunder Of Zeus

*Rumble Rumble*
i likez to gimp fox.
With marth if I down+B he's in the perfect position to up+B (or die) due to the odd arc of marths down+B
and from fox's up b a spike is easy and d tilt can keep him off well also.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Easy: Ganondorf - Slow air speed and predictable third jump
Hard: Meta Knight - 5 mid-air jumps and 4 different third jumps

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
As true as it may be, take a look at the invincibility frames I had. Even if he did attack me, it would have been ignored, but I see your point. Too bad he didn't know that. :laugh:
Just a tip when you play against people who are pros with characters with bad recovery, don't expect to be able to gimp them cause thats probably the first thing they have to master. Trust me, I've fought really good Olimar's and ZSS's and a bunch of times they can end up killing you when your trying to gimp them just because they have bad recovery.

Rudra

Smash Ace
Ness is easy, but if you mess up, you're probably going to end up in a world of pain.
Tether based are easy too, except Zamus who may actually drag you down with her.
Then...there's Link, since even touching a feather off stage ensures he doesn't return most of the time. (Though like Samus and TL, can use either tether or a normal recovery)

As for the hardest, it'd probably be the Gliders: Metaknight, Pit and Charizard (in the order of difficulty in this category) thanks to their ability to move quite freely through the air and attack/jump when necessary. Metaknight is pretty much the hardest to gimp period though, which is annoying since he's also good AT gimping >_<

TheFast

Smash Lord
Just a tip when you play against people who are pros with characters with bad recovery, don't expect to be able to gimp them cause thats probably the first thing they have to master. Trust me, I've fought really good Olimar's and ZSS's and a bunch of times they can end up killing you when your trying to gimp them just because they have bad recovery.
Umm ZSS isnt easy to gimp >___<
Olimars are beasts in the air. Go find a good Ivysaur.

Kyuubi9t

Smash Journeyman
i havn't seen anyone post this yet but Pit is by far the easiest to gimp.

and DK is the hardest if he is recovering horizontally
you sir, are ********.

easiest: Ivysaur (NOT pit stupid)
Hardest: Game and Watch (NOT DK whats wrong with you)

Twilght Link

Smash Journeyman
easiest is....probably ivysaur, link isnt easiest necessarily because he can use his boomerang to hit an opponent moving in for the kill and he has access to a tether recovery and bomb recoveries (as long as he has a bomb in hand XD).

Id say ROB is the hardest, ive suprisingly gimped MK's before

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
I don't know that there is a single easiest or hardest, but some are undeniably easier to gimp than others.
For example, Link is honestly really easy to gimp, despite his bomb jump. Ivysaur is just ridiculously easy to gimp too. DK's not that hard either (Wow... I can't believe someone put him as the highest...).

As for the hardest, well MK, G&W and ROB are the 3 most obvious ones, but I'd like to add two more: Sonic (A good Sonic is seriously VERY hard to gimp) and Lucas (Zap jump +Magnet Pull makes him near impossible to gimp).

TheFast

Smash Lord
you sir, are ********.

easiest: Ivysaur (NOT pit stupid)
Hardest: Game and Watch (NOT DK whats wrong with you)
Please dont talk like that in this tread, everybody is entitle to their own opinions if they where not this thread would be dead.

Updated

kr3wman

Smash Master
Everybody is entitled to an opinion, but that doesn't mean opinions can't be stupid.

TheFast

Smash Lord
Yes but i would rather not have trolls here because than people might not wanna vote for who they really feel is the easiest/hardest to gimp. See where im coming from.

Somebody said Fox. Falco has the same recovery but worse. Nobody is calling them stupid. Enstead of saying they are "********" why not ask them why they did that? Maybe you can help him learn to gimp said character easy thus improving his game. Dont go around calling people ******** because they have a different view.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
Snake is definitely not easy to gimp.

Link is probably the easiest one.
Hardest: Metaknight

Kage Me

Smash Ace
Link. Pathetic recovery, and very few anti-edgehog techniques. At least Olimar and Ivysaur have decent second jumps and projectiles...

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Easy: Link, I sometimes gimp him by just standing there... tormenting him and laughing at his pathetic recovery...

Hardest: MK... you can pull of a spike... but Pikachu is near impossible. I've have only landed on legit gimp on Pikachu out of his QA... but I've landed more stuff on MK so Pikachu for hardest.

Top Bottom