• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Easiest Character to Pick up?

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
Of what I've seen, new ppl to smash normally use Fox and MetaKnight to start off.

eodeth

Smash Apprentice
any of the original 12 except ness,yoshi and captain falcolni[they arent easy to start with]
they are mario,lugi,pika,jiggs,samus,kirby,dk,fox,and link [incase you didnt know]

Ramgigon

Smash Journeyman
This is where I put whether or not I like Brawl
Just let her pick who she wants, of course. Some people have easier times with certain characters... She might just be able to use Snake effectively. Who knows.

But not Ike. He seems to encourage C-Stick mashing... My little sister can attest to that. :ohwell:

mR h0pkinS

Smash Rookie
definitely metaknight. he's a top tier char that's easy to pick up. just trust me on this one. Also, mario, kirby, and jigglypuff. Definitely not ike though. why is everyone saying that??? he's too slow.
About to say that.

RednaXale

Smash Apprentice
Someone she likes. If she doesn't care who to play, get her to play Samus.
Samus seems pretty balanced and my little sister likes her.

orintemple

Smash Lord
She may be 10 but that doesn't mean she is incompetent. If she is used to playing video games I think she would be fine with any except maybe the really awkward or hard to use characters.

All in all I would say that anyone besides Snake, Lucario, Pokemon Trainer, Wario and maybe Olimar would be OK for her.

Marth, Ike, Pit, and maybe ROB would be the best choices.

Also, I am surprised people are saying Metaknight. MK is hard to learn how to kill with. She will be able to rack damage quickly, but learning to kill with him is hard, and gliding throws you for a loop when you first start playing the game.

Lone Shadow

Smash Journeyman
I'd suggest Toon Link or Pikachu, they're not too hard to get decent as plus they'd probably appeal to younger players because they look fun, that's just my two cents though XD

These were one of the first characters I played with and they were very easy to play with and become a asset when getting better, again my two cents ><

Looper

Smash Journeyman
i would suggest kirby as well, because he's generally a cute character and can fly

127crazie

Smash Journeyman
Meta Knight easily. He's extremely fast, simple to understand and hard to make beginners' mistakes with.

Of course, you could just go to Mario - they did design him to be the most balanced character in the game for crying out loud.

SquallLion90

Smash Rookie
I'd say Ike, Pit, Mario, and Metaknight are the easiest to pick up and play with because their moves are pretty simple.

thewiredknight

Smash Journeyman
Ike is easily one of the easiest pick up and play for casual play. But definetly one of hte hardest to actually get good with.

superglucose

Smash Apprentice
Pit is easy to pick up, or at least he was for me. Metaknight as well. Fox, Luigi...

SiegKnight

Smash Journeyman
Kirby is really likable among non gamers. Pit's great to learn. Uhm~ heh. Meta's simplistic. Hard to master well though. Just let her pick up an awful Pit side b spam habit till she gets used to the game totally and then she can decide if she wants to keep being one dimentional.

frankisvital

Smash Journeyman
In this case, Pikachu is probably your best bet. Ike and Snake require more than just button smashing to use effectively, and although Metaknight is another possibility, Pikachu just seems to fit your needs better.

Reyairia

Smash Champion
Kirby.
He's pink and puffy and whose moveset is simpler than MK's.
MK would be easier but it takes time to learn knockback.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
I wish I could say it was Bowser, but I would have to say either Pikachu or Kirby since he's top-tier

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
Pikachu (for spamming... >.>)
Pit (Same reason...)

Top Bottom