• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Easiest character to play?

Spazzy

Smash Apprentice
I'm just curious what character would be the easiest to pick up and master? I would think it's Shiek because of players like Borp that uses no tech and still in top level play.

Sketch

Smash Cadet
What borp lacks in tech skill he makes up for with smart play. But i would agree shiek seeing as she is already pretty low on needing to use tech .

Peach takes no skill to play as. you don't need tech skill. She has broken hitboxes and lagless aerials. And a recovery and weight that'll keep her alive forever. And turnips to interrupt spacing games. And gimps/edgeguards. None of these things are difficult. All it takes is guessing your opponents' neutral game decisions. Even if you guess wrong, she's not very comboable so you'll be fine making a few mistakes

Sketch

Smash Cadet
As a new aspiring peach main i would also have to agree with EPsilon933 Spazzy. She has very basic things you can pick up quick.

Spazzy

Smash Apprentice
Peach is very easy but does she have such a great combo potential as shiek? I mean, all of her moves can be combo'd into another she has a better matchup for most characters.

AirFair

Marth tho
if you are looking for an easy character with not much tech skill, I guess you could go with Jiggs or Peach.

Peach is very easy but does she have such a great combo potential as shiek? I mean, all of her moves can be combo'd into another she has a better matchup for most characters.
Peach doesn't need combos to be broken. Down smash is more than enough of a good combo on its own. It does up to 64% damage

Last edited:

Spazzy

Smash Apprentice
if you are looking for an easy character with not much tech skill, I guess you could go with Jiggs or Peach.
I'm not looking to main an easy character, I'm just curious on what the community thinks is the easiest character. I already main Samus which is easy too

Narpas_sword

I'm not looking to main an easy character, I'm just curious on what the community thinks is the easiest character. I already main Samus which is easy too
You say samus is easy, but you have a topic on the samus boards asking if you should use missiles or utilt to edgeguard...

for some reason, i doubt youve scratched the surface of samus' misssile tech

Last edited:

Spazzy

Smash Apprentice
You say samus is easy, but you have a topic on the samus boards asking if you should use missiles or utilt to edgeguard...

for some reason, i doubt youve scratched the surface of samus' misssile tech
I do most missle tech, I just can't get down SHFFMC down for the life of me. It's just that I rely on missles so much and most people get super salty whenever I just spam missles and I realized it is very easy once you get MC down.

gmBottles

Fun Haver
NNID
komfyking
Jigglypuff is by far the easiest character in the game. However, that doesn't mean she's easy to do well with, given the fact that everything kills her at 4%. For that I'd say Marth or Sheik.

Kidney Thief

Smash Journeyman
As a pretty decent Peach main I'd say use her if you like combos. Uair leads to alot of stuff, nair into nair into nair kill was something I did on a ganondorf about as good as me last week. Peach is easy on the hands and easy at lower level of play but once you get good you'll need to play very smart to keep winning. Same for Jigglypuff and most likely Sheik

Last edited:

Walbytamer11

Smash Apprentice
It really depends at what level you're playing at.

At a lower level, if you play Marth, I find that you're going to dominate those in your friend group that are also newer players. Marth is purely based on fundamentals and he's very straight and to the point. Granted he can pull of some flashy stuff and move like he's on ice, but I like to think of him as quite a robotic character at lower levels at least.

IDK what it is about Peach, her punish game is very strong and again, if you fight nerds who are around your skill level or a little below, you'll be able to rack up TONS of % because of the mistakes they make. Also since her punish game is so heavy, playing with your friends might become easier because you can read their habits and predict their mistakes before they even make them.

When I think of easiest character, I think of characters that don't require much practice. When I think of characters that don't require a ton of practice, I think of Sheik. She, like Marth, is very straightfoward but also has needles and other tools that can help cover you in a poor situation (or they can help secure an easy kill).

I just realized that the concept of an "easy" character goes hand-in-hand with lower level play.

GoodleShoes

Smash Apprentice
Peach takes no skill to play as. you don't need tech skill. She has broken hitboxes and lagless aerials. And a recovery and weight that'll keep her alive forever. And turnips to interrupt spacing games. And gimps/edgeguards. None of these things are difficult. All it takes is guessing your opponents' neutral game decisions. Even if you guess wrong, she's not very comboable so you'll be fine making a few mistakes
You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. She does take tech skill just a different type and she does get combo'd, especially by spacies. Peach tech: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvNgmahChOM

DJCrinkleCut

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DJCrinkleCut
I think that Sheik is one of the easier to pick up, but as you get better, her flaws start becoming more apparent, what with her lack of a good approach.

Marth is again easy to pick up, but to play at a high level requires good spacing to play effectively.

As a Peach main, I think that Peach is easy to pick up, but hard to truly master.

As for Puff, I think that she's also easy to pick up because she requires little tech skill, but you have to have superb spacing to play her effectively.

You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. She does take tech skill just a different type and she does get combo'd, especially by spacies. Peach tech: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvNgmahChOM
yeah I do. I've won a few tournaments with her. She doesn't take much beyond spacing and prediction to win. The most difficult thing to do as her is float, and that move is unpunishable. Relatively speaking, she's uncomboable. Is that a more correct statement? She doesn't get comboed like Marth and especially not like the space animals do

xbombr

Smash Ace
I do most missle tech, I just can't get down SHFFMC down for the life of me. It's just that I rely on missles so much and most people get super salty whenever I just spam missles and I realized it is very easy once you get MC down.
As someone who played mostly Samus during their competitive experience, my response to people getting salty is "So what?"

If someone is going to get salty about you abusing one of the only redeeming qualities of your character outside of a good fsmash and downsmash, the ability to live a long time in doubles, a good wavedash, and a couple of decent aerials, then they probably aren't worth your time.

Samus is a decent character, but she has so few things going for her in comparison to the spacies and the other upper tiered characters that people have no justification for getting salty about you shooting some missiles at them to stop them from completely wrecking you up close. If they can't figure out a way around your missiles, that's their own problem.

Roukiske

Smash Journeyman
I'm torn between either Shiek or Jiggs for easiest to pick-up and play. I would say it depends on the match-ups. If we were to assume the learning player has a sensible competitive mindset, I'd favor Jiggs. Setting up gimps and edge guarding is easier to understand with her IMO. Less experienced players especially fast fallers can fall prey to a decent Jiggs quickly.

Last edited:

theMagnumDragon

Smash Cadet
I definitely think Sheik is the easiest to play. The only reason that she probably is played less often than other top tiers is because she is kinda robotic. A very flow chart based character.

Second easiest character would probably be Gannon. His L-Cancels and wavelands are incredibly easy, and he hits so hard and has so much range that he can really mess up a player who is not familiar with the match up

Top Bottom