• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Easiest characters to use?

LookingforAlaska

Smash Rookie
Hi all. Yesterday I made a thread asking people's opinions of who the most technical characters in the game were. Now I'm curious to see people's opinions of the least technical/easiest characters to use are. List top 5.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Easiest character to use is Meta Knight, hands down.

However, Meta Knight is not anywhere near the least technical. He has a surprising depth. He is however the easiest character to pick up.

lordhelmet

Smash Master
There's too many variables to really make a solid list. You have different levels of play, different match-ups, different playstyles, etc.

IE:

In a low level of play, GnW would be very easy to win with whereas Wario would be fairly difficult to win with.

In a high level of play, I would say D3 and someone like Marth would be difficult to win with.

OP is only concerned with tech skill I believe, so don't jump on MK.

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
If you're referring to how easy is it for one to play X character w/ a move set that is easy to perform/play safe with a small knowledge base, then...

1. MK
2. Wolf
3. Sheik
4. Mario
5. Pit

IMO

Neon!

Smash Lord
If you're referring to how easy is it for one to play X character w/ a move set that is easy to perform/play safe with a small knowledge base, then...

1. MK
2. Wolf
3. Sheik
4. Mario
5. Pit

IMO
I agree with your logic on this one but my list would be different.

1. MK
2. G&W
3. Wolf
4. Pit
5. Rob

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
MK is by no means easy to play. Unless your really good with him your gonna get wrecked by everyone and their grandmother because they're constantly fighting tons of really good MKs. If you picked him up in 2008 then he was easy, but certainly not now.

G&W is much easier to pick up since not nearly as many people study G&W as they do MK.

That's why I got my dad to pick up G&W so that he could be the best he could possibly be without having much skill or knowledge of the game.

Veel

Smash Apprentice
MK is by no means easy to play. Unless your really good with him your gonna get wrecked by everyone and their grandmother because they're constantly fighting tons of really good MKs. If you picked him up in 2008 then he was easy, but certainly not now.

G&W is much easier to pick up since not nearly as many people study G&W as they do MK.

That's why I got my dad to pick up G&W so that he could be the best he could possibly be without having much skill or knowledge of the game.
The difficulty of picking up a character is separate and distinct from the relative character match up knowledge people have against your character. Playing MK might put a new player at a sort of relative disadvantage due to everyone knowing his character but that doesn't actually make picking up MK more difficult.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Actually MK isn't that easy to pick up. He h as many options and mechanics in his moves. When you begin, it's all about dsmash, nado and Shuttle loop. MK isn't the easy way out like people say. He is still da bess, so if you like winning, MK is the char for you.

TurnOneWrath

Smash Cadet
1. MK
2. Wolf
3. Sheik
4. Mario
5. Pit
From my experience, I found Mario the easiest to pick up on, probably because I played with Mario in Melee, but I always thought of him as the "standard" character; just the basics. After that, I would have to say Pit was easy to pick up on, I picked up on him within 30 minutes of playing the game, as he's pretty easy to use, he's not too light, he can hit from a distance with arrows, he has a good shield, and he flies so it's easier to save him. Those, to me, seem like the basic things someone new to him would use repeatedly, and being that it seems relatively effective, one would keep using him and get better with him in a short period of time.
I picked up Meta Knight shortly after discovering SWF to see what everyone's love affair with him was about. I picked up on him pretty quickly, but I simply figured I felt as if I had picked up on him quickly, and that there were much deeper aspects that I had yet to understand. I didn't know he was generally accepted to be easy to pick up on.
I hate Wolf. He's a heavier Fox/Falco, but his move set just feels clunky and a little off, so I've toyed with him and then immediately put him down a number of times, increasing the amount of time that it takes for me to pick up on him, that is, if I ever do. He's simply, for me, a turn-off, so trying to get good with him is something that I may never do. This could be only from my perspective, but because of almost everything about him, I think he would be the hardest on this list to pick up on, and Fox/Falco both would be a little easier. Wolf's just strange.
Why does his forward-B angle up? That came in handy, like, once; to get to a platform quickly (on Pokemon Stadium) and grab a fan.

So I would say:
1 MK
2 Mario
3 Pit (really only because aiming his arrows effectively takes some time)
4 Shiek
5 Wolf

Browny

Smash Hater
Well theres two types... There the easiest to win with (MK) or the easiet characters in terms of the fact they only have auto-combos and no ATs etc.

So despite the fact that MK is undoubtly the easiest to win with, Ill rate this on characters who have the least dependance on tech-chase comboing and AT's.

G&W
Kirby
Mario
Wolf
Zelda

In no particular order...

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
Ah I was just about to say why hasn't anyone mentioned Kirby yet^^^

KRDsonic

Smash Master
In my opinion...
1. King Dedede
2. Sheik
3. Olimar
4. Zelda
5. Pit

I would have probably added Fox or Wolf to that list, but it's not easy to try to avoid being chain grabbed the whole match xD.

:059:

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Isn't Sheik like one of the hardest actually?

Anyways, MK definitely isn't easy to use. He has too many tricks to abuse to be easy.
But he is the easiest to win with like many of you have said and that is because he is obviously the best.

GanonkingAbyss

Smash Apprentice
i'd say ganondorf, since this isnt about how easy it is to win,
mairo is also really easy to pick up and use if u watch vids since he isn't a very technical character and he gampelay seems fairly straightforward to me.

1. Meta Knight
2. Zero Suit Samus (Yes, I went there)
3. Luigi
4. Falco
5. Marth

That's really just my opinion tbh. I was torn between Marth and Sheik but went with Marth because he's just obviously a generally better character.

etecoon

Smash Hero
MK can actually be surprisingly difficult, people confusing "easiest" with "best", they are two different things.

there's also different forms of difficulty. there's technicality, required reactions, the mental toll that playing a character may take on you, without being more specific this question is much too vague

sheik should never be on anyones top 5 easiest though, as she is one of the more difficult characters to play effectively in nearly every category. I actually think she can be a really good character just the level of consistent execution and quick thinking demanded of a sheik player is unrealistic for most people

Limeee

Smash Champion
pick up GnW. seriously hes the best character in the game to learn. once you have a good GnW you understand the game

you learn to RaR, you learn spacing, tech chasing, options, OoS options, planking, setting up kill moves, you will do really well in doubles, advanced techniques (bucket braking which also teaches you about momentum cancelling)

hes just a really good character to start out with

:009:

LookingforAlaska

Smash Rookie
I've come up with my own opinion.

1. Diddy Kong.
2. Metaknight.
3. Sheik. (Probably only because I play Melee, and she's plays very similar in this game.)
4. Dedede.
5. Ganondorf.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Diddy and Sheik are like uberhard.

And jujitsutide has a great point. I approve.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Easiest character to use is Meta Knight, hands down.

However, Meta Knight is not anywhere near the least technical. He has a surprising depth. He is however the easiest character to pick up.
This can be said for any character.
Auto-pilot spamming your character's best move won't get you very far, unless you're meta knight, but even then tornado does have it's minor flaws that are somewhat easy to exploit in the high-mid to high levels of play if you know what you're doing.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
doing something in training mode isn't the same as usefully implementing them in an actual match.
at all.

Top Bottom