• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Easiest nana lock on Metaknight

Player-1

Smash Legend
Player-4 is a boss.

I have my vid processing in my video editing software, I'll be uploading to youtube in about 5 minutes.

Schwa

Smash Apprentice
Cool. I didn't really get the whole idea, but as soon as there's a video of this, I'm going to learn this.

EDIT: lol didn't see that there were some videos up already, gonna test this tomorrow.

Count

Smash Champion
I've done two instant throws off of meta knight a few times.

Dunno how relevant that is ^_^

pretty fun to practice this

Toneh

Smash Lord
It was harder for me to learn the beginning steps so heres an easy way to learn it.

Go to SV since the stage is shorter and the computer comes back faster. Don't worry about the plat bc if you do it right the naner never lands on it. Set him to walk. Then face backwards to him. When he gets to your back, throw the naner down, he should trip right in front of you (only seems to work with mk). Then copy adhd's directions/dfears vid.

The important step is to click airdodge (catching the naner) as soon as you instant throw it down.

After you got the hang of it, add the opener where you jump throw the naner down.

Also another setup is when mk or any char trips on a naner and rolls into you. Sooo many ppl do that. You can jump throw-down a naner there.

So far I got MK on SV. Took me a good hour.
I literally did this to 548 percent on a computer 30 seconds ago. Since it covers such a little part of the stage, you can use it anywhere.
They're gonna make a new rule bc of you. No banana infinities past 300 lol.

Can we get a list of all the characters it works on

AvengingTheKnight

Smash Apprentice
can someone please upload a vid of this at 1/2 speed? (but good quality lol)

I can't get this =( and I get 3 stocked by mks so much with my diddy

Toneh

Smash Lord
When adhd said stricter timing on BF plats, he meant you have to instant throw it alot faster.

I love this thing. No footstools make it alot easier.

Kaffei

Smash Hero
Wow, this is already super easy and you want an even easier way

Practice harder

AvengingTheKnight

Smash Apprentice
this is ******** hard I just can't do it. I'm so angry I threw my controller so many times.

Retreating shining lazers with falco is easier than this shizz

any tips someone?

Kaffei

Smash Hero
Omg you give up in 1 day
You know it took me over 2 months to perfectly master something
Have more patience and keep trying

AvengingTheKnight

Smash Apprentice
wait are we supposed to learn the timing for the original and have our skills carry over from that? if so I didn't and I've been at this for 2+ hours =/

Kaptain Kong

Smash Lord
To the SE of Port Town.. ..send - Seattle, WA
wait are we supposed to learn the timing for the original and have our skills carry over from that? if so I didn't and I've been at this for 2+ hours =/
it takes much more than 2 hours to master the original snl and grizzfinite
if what i understand is correct, you don't need to know the timing from the grizzfinite

i would practice just the sh throw naner down -> catch with airdodge part first
then once you get that down, work on di'ing towards the opponent the correct amount, then practice buffering a turn around dthrow and instant throwing back down

take it in parts as you begin, then once you master the parts you can put them together

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
why are people crediting ADHD with the discovery? he didn't discover it

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
what a worthwhile post that contributed to this thread
why are you such an *******? I was curious as to why people are meatriding ADHD for this when he didn't discover it and people are assuming he did

napZzz

Smash Hero
why are you such an *******? I was curious as to why people are meatriding ADHD for this when he didn't discover it and people are assuming he did
if you had read the first post you'd notice he didn't claim finding it himself, among other people saying things in the thread

DFEAR

Smash Hero
its called grizzinfinite cuz it was invented by grizz lol

also this works on every single character except luigi

imo the hardest to do this on is king d3...his trip hurtbox gets even smaller than his body meaning in order to do the pivot down throw initiation of the lock you must be having S3X with d3 in order to correctly trip him then following him would prolly be pikachu cuz his feet are so stupid small

btw i got this down amazingly well. i got mk to 800, pika to 180, snake to 400, falco to 700, gnw to 999 d3 to 320 and jiggz to 999

:3 cant wait for saturday!

@avenging knight...took me 20 minutes to learn concept...bout 30 to practice it and im still learning how to APPLY it.

AvengingTheKnight

Smash Apprentice
Okay I got this =D

But How do I apply it? I saw the example ADHD gave about nado. I'ma try that =D.

Kaffei

Smash Hero
I didn't ever say I gave up idiot. if you're not gonna help at least don't lie.
Ripple stop being dumb and learn to read.
Are you ****ing kidding me? I don't really give a **** if you are trolling or not I'm going to straight up say this:

When you walk into a ****ing thread that explains the technique and ***** and whine about how you a technique is "too hard" and then call me an IDIOT and a LIAR (How the fk was I lying about anything??) do you really think you are going to get any respect? I told you what to do; keep trying. Anyone with half a fking brain can study the video that p1 posted and re-read ADHD's original post.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
honestly im only gonna use it as a punish to adapted spotdodges and/rolls atm. gonna see wut else is there this sat.

ADHD

Smash Hero
Actually, I did discover this. Do you see the Japanese video of Naghahahari9 vs that ZSS? He started it with a dair, not an airdodge.

Case and point. ADHD combo.

Actually I do have a new discovery though.

Down forward glide toss > jump instant throw it down, airdodge catch and turn around into this. It works on characters with barely any distance when they trip, such as sonic. It does work on Metaknight, but the spacing for it is retardedly impractical that you probably won't get it.

Top Bottom