• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

East Coast Elites May! - May 18th, 2013 - Charlottesville, VA

AmKhokar

Smash Journeyman
(Credit to QWA for this image <3)​

Hey guys, for everyone that was interested in the East Coast Elites becoming a monthly, here it is. Brawl, Melee, and Project M will be hosted at the next one! Subscribe to this thread to get updates on every upcoming event for this tourney!

Date:
5/18/2013

Venue Location:
The End Game Center
143 Zan Road
Charlottesville, VA 22901

Tournament Format:
Depending on the # of people who show up we will be doing standard Double elim, Round robin, or Swiss tournament format to maximize the number of tournament matches players are able to play!

Fees:
$10 Venue fee
$5 Singles (Project M)
$10 Singles (Melee/Brawl)
$10 Doubles PER TEAM (Melee/PM)

Schedule:
*Signs ups for every event will be available until 30 minutes prior to the event!

11:00AM- Venue opens. Setup.
12:00pm - Registration / Friendlies.
1:00pm - Doubles Registration ends.
1:30pm- Melee and Project M Doubles begin.
2:00pm - Project M Registration ends.
2:30pm- Project M Singles begin.
4:00pm- Melee and Brawl Singles Registration ends.
4:30pm- Melee and Brawl Singles begin.
8:00pm- (or however soon sets end)- Wrap-up.

Prize Pool:
1st place - 60%
2nd place - 30%
3rd place - 10%

Food Locations:
The End Game center is located conveniently near many food places. Maharaja (Indian Cuisine type) is actually adjacent to the venue, but there are other options within walking or short driving distance including CiCi's Pizza, Chili's, Burger King, Milan, Asian Fusion Grill, and Marco and Luco's Dumplings (best dumplings in C'ville, as far as I've heard) .

**IMPORTANT**
If you bring a full SSB setup your venue fee will be waived. I define a full set-up as a TV, Wii/Gamecube, and a Melee disc/Brawl disc/SD card with Project M on it.
Setups that include everything but a TV are subject to a potential $5 Venue fee waive if I'm contacted about it beforehand!
The most important thing for this will probably be bringing copies of the game! Last event, we had plenty of TVs and consoles, but were lacking discs, resulting in a lot of unnecessary downtime and fewer friendlies!

Here are the rule sets for Melee and Brawl
I'm working with Smash GOD on the PM ruleset. Please send any suggestions you have to him.

***Disclaimer***
Please do not split prize money at my tournaments and be sure to play out all sets to the fullest of your potential. Prizes are not final until the tournament has officially finished at 10PM on the day of the event. If I find out splitting has taken place, I will ask for the prize money to be forfeited to the next highest legitimately placing player. Repeat offenders are subject to exclusion from future ECE events. Thanks ^_^

You can contact me at (304)-888-1791 if needed.

Son of Slobodan

Smash Cadet
Sweet, I didn't see an update for a while so i got a bit concerned. Don't forget to label the tournament Atlantic North though. Also why did you start a new thread?

AmKhokar

Smash Journeyman
I made a new thread to reduce the clutter in comment, so people could refer back to important comments without cycling through old comment pages.

AmKhokar

Smash Journeyman
It's solid; good enough to support 2 streams and a few others on the internet without lag =D Haven't witnessed its limits just yet ^_^

Shadocat

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3737-9651-3260
Extremely hectic month for me financial wise, cant make this one. Gonna try to drive to next months ECE.

JU4N

Smash Apprentice
I should be there, assuming this doesn't conflict with graduation.

E2xD

Smash Apprentice
I might come to this. Depends on my schedule and monies. Might come for just Project M, but if persuaded enough, maybe some melee.

QWA

Smash Apprentice
In my defense, how many 17 year olds do you see running streams on their own equipment?

E2xD

Smash Apprentice
What kind of turnout are you expecting for the event (and more specifically P:M)? I might actually try and come to this.

Arcadia157

Smash Journeyman
What kind of turnout are you expecting for the event (and more specifically P:M)? I might actually try and come to this.
For the whole event there's usually about 30 people present. The number of PM singles entrants fluctuates a lot. It really depends mostly on how people are feeling when they get there and if they want to enter or not. The last couple of times, PM singles were run fairly late which may have affected the number of entrants. Teams happening at all is also dependent on if enough people enter.

E2xD

Smash Apprentice
For the whole event there's usually about 30 people present. The number of PM singles entrants fluctuates a lot. It really depends mostly on how people are feeling when they get there and if they want to enter or not. The last couple of times, PM singles were run fairly late which may have affected the number of entrants. Teams happening at all is also dependent on if enough people enter.
Ah, thanks man! I have a bit of a drive to make and I want to see if it is worth the daunting journey up. Mind if I ask, who do you all main as in P:M? This will be a first for me and I look forward to meeting people in a (somewhat) local Smash Community. I look forward to possibly making this. :D

Arcadia157

Smash Journeyman
Ah, thanks man! I have a bit of a drive to make and I want to see if it is worth the daunting journey up. Mind if I ask, who do you all main as in P:M? This will be a first for me and I look forward to meeting people in a (somewhat) local Smash Community. I look forward to possibly making this. :D
I dunno if it's too late, but if you're looking for a ride, I know that some guys from this group (SoVA Melee) are taking a carpool up: https://www.facebook.com/groups/182267851790715/

I main Marth in Melee and naturally most of the skill translates over to PM. In friendlies, I play a little bit of Sheik, Link, and Ike. As for the others from my area who will probably enter, there are Fox and Falco mains.

E2xD

Smash Apprentice
I dunno if it's too late, but if you're looking for a ride, I know that some guys from this group (SoVA Melee) are taking a carpool up: https://www.facebook.com/groups/182267851790715/

I main Marth in Melee and naturally most of the skill translates over to PM. In friendlies, I play a little bit of Sheik, Link, and Ike. As for the others from my area who will probably enter, there are Fox and Falco mains.
Dude thank you so much! I might just make the trek myself if I can get a pal to come along with me but this will be helpful for the future.. But yeah I look forward to this so much now. Maybe we can do a few sword fights for friendlies (Mains: Link, Marth, Luigi). And I love the smooth transition of PM to melee. Gah! Now I am totally excited.

Arcadia157

Smash Journeyman
Dude thank you so much! I might just make the trek myself if I can get a pal to come along with me but this will be helpful for the future.. But yeah I look forward to this so much now. Maybe we can do a few sword fights for friendlies (Mains: Link, Marth, Luigi). And I love the smooth transition of PM to melee. Gah! Now I am totally excited.
Haha that's awesome! I look forward to playing some games with you! :)

E2xD

Smash Apprentice
Well actually, it looks like I am bringing two more people with me instead of just myself. I look forward to this and will keep posted if anything changes. :D

QWA

Smash Apprentice
Last night I had a terrible dream: I was late to this month's ECE, I ended up falling asleep for most of it, so I didn't stream, when I woke up, the only game that was being played was some weird Melee/ 64 Hybrid with really derpy controllers, my hands were numb, and Oasys had a buzz-cut... I feel traumatized.

Top Bottom