• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

East Midlands Social Thread

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
My Sonic is bottom tier. However, as long as there's no opposition, I'll take #1 Sonic in England just because I can.

I might play some Ganon next fest/if there's a tourney just for the luls.

Mmac, I MM your Yoshi v my Sonic? £2

I...I don't have the balls to MM Aiko when I've never seen him play.

:054:

Yeniths

East Midlands!
As long as everyone else is making MMs i may as well do the same:

Aiko £2 MM your ganon vs my marth :), melee obv
TC marth dito £2 MM

Mac Matrix

Smash Cadet
You guys are tempting me to bet with one of you that my Yoshi is better than your Yoshis.

i.e. a Yoshi ditto. xD

(-aiming to be the #1 Yoshi player in the UK.-)

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
yeah agreed with ed, it's like me saying #1 G&W in the UK. No point...

Koop_88

Smash Journeyman
Undisputedlockupyourwindowsandchildrenoutoffear No.1 Dedede.

You don't get revenge on the king, you just get ***** worse ;)

Ant, thanks for keeping my crown warm, MM 30 quidzz :p

Koop_88

Smash Journeyman
Basically, I got my visa, then thought I'd have a better time if I saved up another grand or so. Went january sales shopping, accidentally went into Calvin Klein and Hugo Boss because they had 30% off, spent about 500 quid on clothes which was my first setback. Things are going fantastic with the new missus, second setback, decided to put the whole going to aussie idea under the bed for a while :D

Probably not gonna make GGT2 as my best mates bday is on the 30th and I will be hanging out of my *** beyond all reason, but if there's any change in that I will let you know. I need some kone lovin'.

Mac Matrix

Smash Cadet
Lol.

I wonder who the no.1 Ness in the UK is? ;) ;)

(I still want to have a Yoshi ditto against someone though. Or maybe Lucario, but I'm not really that good with him yet.)

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
I'll have a Yoshi ditto with you, despite me knowing nothing about him.
I've got like a month to learn him anyway, and stuff in Brawl takes like an hour to learn, tops.

You haven't adressed my money match proposal from a page or two back yet D;

:roymelee:

Mac Matrix

Smash Cadet
I could probably beat you in a Yoshi ditto but knowing my luck my main vs your main you'll probably 3 stock me.

(4 stock if this also includes Melee, as I can't L-cancel for jack. I played Melee for a couple hours last weekend and very quickly got back into crouch cancelling and wavedashing but L-cancelling has always eluded me.... =()

I'll have a Yoshi ditto with you, despite me knowing nothing about him.
I've got like a month to learn him anyway, and stuff in Brawl takes like an hour to learn, tops.

You haven't adressed my money match proposal from a page or two back yet D;
I didn't see it D=

But sure, I'll MM you. Just remember to hand over the £2 when you meet me at the bus station, the match is as good as won =P

Btw, Yen, serious question: I'm thinking of taking the springs out of one of my pads. It seems to me it makes wavedashing / L-cancelling easier to do, what with the decreased distance required with pushing the triggers....... am I correct? xD. And if so, how do I go about doing it?

Whatever can help me get better on Melee I'll do. That does include a weekend stay xD but I know you can't exactly keep anyone until Monday.

Kone

Smash Master
Uhm i may not be very up to date with melee stuff but im sure controller configuration isnt allowed :/

Jolteon

I could probably beat you in a Yoshi ditto but knowing my luck my main vs your main you'll probably 3 stock me.

(4 stock if this also includes Melee, as I can't L-cancel for jack. I played Melee for a couple hours last weekend and very quickly got back into crouch cancelling and wavedashing but L-cancelling has always eluded me.... =()

I didn't see it D=

But sure, I'll MM you. Just remember to hand over the £2 when you meet me at the bus station, the match is as good as won =P

Btw, Yen, serious question: I'm thinking of taking the springs out of one of my pads. It seems to me it makes wavedashing / L-cancelling easier to do, what with the decreased distance required with pushing the triggers....... am I correct? xD. And if so, how do I go about doing it?

Whatever can help me get better on Melee I'll do. That does include a weekend stay xD but I know you can't exactly keep anyone until Monday.
Unless you play no melee whatsoever, do yourself a favour and keep those springs. Otherwise you won't be able use different shield pressures which is a lot to waste over something you're not sure would even work (afaik even lightly tapping L, R or even Z will L-cancel).

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
Unless you play no melee whatsoever, do yourself a favour and keep those springs. Otherwise you won't be able use different shield pressures which is a lot to waste over something you're not sure would even work (afaik even lightly tapping L, R or even Z will L-cancel).
True. You don't have to press L or R all the way down for L cancelling.

Yeniths

East Midlands!

I didn't see it D=

Nah, leave the springs in, it makes melee much easier, I have no spring in the L trigger (for brawl) and I have a spring in the R trigger, I do everything with R in melee.

Can i confirm you for this btw?

Almas

Smash Lord
I'm a complete Melee noob, but I'd love to show up and get some practice at the game, if I can ensure that I can get there (and back) alive. I've had an interest in playing properly for a while and only recently has the opportunity to begin opened up for me. When do these things typically end?

Also, I anticipate flaming for this, but would you be open to trying out Brawl+?

Mac Matrix

Smash Cadet
Mkay. I'll leave them.

(Yoshi uses an egg as a shield so, he has pretty much no flexibility in shield strength... xD)

I do play Melee but I'm a lot better at Brawl than I am Melee. It was just a question to try to ease my path of improvement. No worries. =P

And yes, you can 100% confirm me.

Aiko

Smash Champion
I'm a complete Melee noob, but I'd love to show up and get some practice at the game, if I can ensure that I can get there (and back) alive. I've had an interest in playing properly for a while and only recently has the opportunity to begin opened up for me. When do these things typically end?

Also, I anticipate flaming for this, but would you be open to trying out Brawl+?
hey almas, where abouts are you from? there are regional rankings and fests popping up all over the country now.

The melee scene is very much alive and kicking so now is a good time as any to get learning. Whilst I think people would be okay playing brawl+ for fun, only original brawl would be played for tournaments.

Almas

Smash Lord
I'm from Cambridgeshire myself, this seems close and fairly imminent.

And I'm aware that people are clearly unwilling to have Brawl+ as a tournament game. But I think that has the potential to change in the future. Anyway, I'll confirm that I can come as soon as possible.

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
I wouldn't mind giving Brawl+ a go. If there's 4 TV's, then I'm sure there might be room for a Brawl+ to be tried out.

I'd prefer to use regular Brawl for the rankings, though.

Hello there anyways.

Jolteon

Mkay. I'll leave them.

(Yoshi uses an egg as a shield so, he has pretty much no flexibility in shield strength... xD)

I do play Melee but I'm a lot better at Brawl than I am Melee. It was just a question to try to ease my path of improvement. No worries. =P

I'm sure that if you're serious on improving you'll at least pick up a secondary.

Yeniths

East Midlands!

You'd have to bring Brawl+, but if you did I'm sure many of us would give it a go. Will be using stand Brawl for the ranking battles however tho. Last time the rankings finished around 3:30, your welcome to stay longer for friendlies and such however. With us starting at around 12 noon. Hope to see you here!

Mac Matrix

Smash Cadet
I'm sure that if you're serious on improving you'll at least pick up a secondary.
I'm attempting to learn Fox or Falco on Melee as well, but L-cancelling is my priority at the moment since even if I do get good with Falco, it won't count for jack if I keep losing because I'm too slow.

xD

And excuse the johns here, but what the hell is Brawl+?

Aiko

Smash Champion
you wont get good at all without L-cancelling. Good to know you're prioritising though :)

brawl+ is a brawl hack that tries to implement the parts of melee that made it popular, like hit-stun for combos, better physics, wavedashing etc.

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
Mkay. I'll leave them.

Yes he does. Take it from someone that knows a lot about yoshi- me that is.

Aiko

Smash Champion
yoshi has potentially has the best shield in the game. Even though he can't jump out of it, a frame perfect yoshi can shield in such a way to get invincibility frames, which means you can do anything, not just stuff that requires jumping.

Almas

Smash Lord
Brawl+ doesn't really use wavedashing, but you're pretty much correct. I'd go into more detail but it's ultimately unnecessary - the final result IS a game that plays a lot like melee, although the differences are clearly observable. It's hardly an attempt to copy the game.

I'll probably be coming with a friend - would it be acceptable for us to stay overnight? Otherwise, do you know how late the buses run?

Yeniths

East Midlands!
hey yens, is it possible for me to stay over one night, either friday or saturday?
Yeah either or both days is fine.

Brawl+ doesn't really use wavedashing, but you're pretty much correct. I'd go into more detail but it's ultimately unnecessary - the final result IS a game that plays a lot like melee, although the differences are clearly observable. It's hardly an attempt to copy the game.

I'll probably be coming with a friend - would it be acceptable for us to stay overnight? Otherwise, do you know how late the buses run?
Yeah staying over should be fine, add me on MSN if you have any questions or anything. I'm pretty sure the buses go until pretty late, but I'll look into it.

Mac Matrix

Smash Cadet
@ Bullet Bill - On Melee? I always found his shield on Melee to be quite basic compared to the others, or maybe it's because he uses an egg for a shield so showing shield strength like the other characters (fainter or stuff) is pretty much impossible.

I always liked his shield regardless. It's pretty much impossible to shield-stab him =P

As for Brawl+ - Why didn't anyone mention this to me before (hint: Yen)? Brawl seriously lacks combos like Melee does because of the limited hitstun, this "remake" (if you may call it that) sounds most likely novel but interesting.

Is it buyable? >_>

(btw - I'll happily try it. I'm assuming L-cancelling is implemented? lolmao.)

Jolteon

I don't see the difference between having to L-Cancel and not having to, the result is the same...

Top Bottom