• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

East Midlands Social Thread

MakoMako

Smash Journeyman
Comparing the ability for low tiers to win in melee and brawl is like comparing a fish to a person with no legs in their ability to climb up and down a flight of stairs.

your yoshi is pretty good btw >.> i just remembered that you were the one i faced in the free for alls before the pools, good shhh

Anaky

Smash Champion
NNID
AnakyUK
I hate to agree with you Aiko but i must, MK and Snake are way better than all the other characters, i cant agree with Marth being slightly after though as he's easily punished after his smashes, which let him down.

I dont play melee but the tier list in melee is alot more balenced than brawls, if Snake and MK were banned the middle/low tier characters chances would rise by alot in my opinion, such as pika, zzs, luigi and fox who are really good vs some high tier chars like cal said.

Apolagize for my grammer but yeah Melee is more balenced than Brawl i think, but brawl is still better. :bee:

auroreon

Smash Ace
your yoshi is pretty good btw >.> i just remembered that you were the one i faced in the free for alls before the pools, good shhh
Thanks =), your ZSS is beastly! Hope to play you some more if you come to this one or the next one in london.

I completely agree on the whole MK thing, he is far more unfair than characters in Melee. IMO something has to be done about MK and I don't think the metagame is going to evolve to fix MK. Banning is an absolute last resort though, first I'd try to find someway to put him at a disadvantage to make it more even rather than just flat out banning a character. But failing that I'm deffinatly in favour of a ban.
Snake is good, but not broken. He has bad matchups and is generally easier to fight.

voilentjack

Smash Journeyman
you have to get beaten twice for you to be out of the tourney

pools (win all matches ) > wB winner bracket(lose one match) > loser bracket(lose the match) > out of tourney

K.Mac

Smash Lord
I hate to agree with you Aiko but i must, MK and Snake are way better than all the other characters, i cant agree with Marth being slightly after though as he's easily punished after his smashes, which let him down.

I dont play melee but the tier list in melee is alot more balenced than brawls, if Snake and MK were banned the middle/low tier characters chances would rise by alot in my opinion, such as pika, zzs, luigi and fox who are really good vs some high tier chars like cal said.

Apolagize for my grammer but yeah Melee is more balenced than Brawl i think, but brawl is still better. :bee:
I have to agree with this.

I prefer Brawl over Melee because it is a -lot- easier to learn, but in all honesty the tier list is fail. We all know people who can use the low-tier characters on Melee AND compete on the same level as the best players of the high-tier characters, but on Brawl it's the simple case of "Low tier + high tier = high tier will win".

And, because of this, although I am generally better on Brawl, I have a lot more fun playing Melee because of the combo potential.

Like I said, I like to stay neutral on both games. I enjoy them both. Each has their strong points, but similarly each has their weaknesses. Naturally some players are better at Brawl, as they have strong tactical and safety play. Others are better at Brawl because they're more technical, and better at setting up combos. A good player must understand both games regardless of their downsides. ;)

I will stop debating the Melee/Brawl thing now, lest Aiko grabs me by the neck in Louth and Shuttle Loops me over the bus station for a KO. ;)

@ Jase - 7.20? hm. Well, would you be able to get to grimsby train station? That would be where me and Calzorz would get into grimsby from. If it's a problem, then don't worry about it. Me and him will just set off a couple hours earlier and catch the bus instead. :)

oOJaseOo

Smash Ace
I have to agree with this.

I prefer Brawl over Melee because it is a -lot- easier to learn, but in all honesty the tier list is fail. We all know people who can use the low-tier characters on Melee AND compete on the same level as the best players of the high-tier characters, but on Brawl it's the simple case of "Low tier + high tier = high tier will win".

And, because of this, although I am generally better on Brawl, I have a lot more fun playing Melee because of the combo potential.

Like I said, I like to stay neutral on both games. I enjoy them both. Each has their strong points, but similarly each has their weaknesses. Naturally some players are better at Brawl, as they have strong tactical and safety play. Others are better at Brawl because they're more technical, and better at setting up combos. A good player must understand both games regardless of their downsides. ;)

I will stop debating the Melee/Brawl thing now, lest Aiko grabs me by the neck in Louth and Shuttle Loops me over the bus station for a KO. ;)

@ Jase - 7.20? hm. Well, would you be able to get to grimsby train station? That would be where me and Calzorz would get into grimsby from. If it's a problem, then don't worry about it. Me and him will just set off a couple hours earlier and catch the bus instead. :)
should be alright man dont worry about it i'll get to grimsby around 7ish 7.20ish was lincoln but yea 7 ish is the earliest i can get u

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
but if he wont go for 5 you still get less money overall

therefore a greedy person would accept his deal.

Calzorz

Smash Lord
dang ur to smart for me i dont want people to witness the **** they gona be geting for les than 5 it is said! xD anyway gtg to my mums for tea il talk to u all later hehe :p

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
lol @ Melee vs Brawl debate again. I just wanna make it clear that I hold no bias towards either game, I believe Brawl to be the more balanced game because its not as difficult for low tier chars to win as it was in Melee.
That said, I'm not stating Brawl is better so please don't take that away from this (pro...), merely that the greater diversity in character choice in Brawl is a result of it not being as difficult to win with low tier characters.
I wasn't taking away from this that you said brawl is better and plus I said if you think brawl is better then thats your opinion but the fact still remains that brawl is more unbalanced then melee. People haven't massively complained about a character in melee and every character in melee has counter for them and eve your fellow brawlers like MakoMako ( a good brawler in the UK) is admitting it.

THANK YOU SOOO MUCH AIKO FOR THAT SEXY AS$ REPLY. I KNEW YOU AGREED WITH MY POINT BUT BECAUSE I WAS STARTING A DEBATE YOU JUST WANTED TO PROVE THAT I DONT PLAY BRAWL SO I CANT SAY ANYTHING BUT ME AND YOU BOTH KNOW BRAWL IS MORE UNBALANCED AND SO DOES THE REST OF THE SMART SMASH COMMUNITY.

Brawl is better then melee - Opinion
Brawl is more unbalanced - Fact
Brawl is more balanced - Lie
Brawl is better then melee - ...LIE!

auroreon

Smash Ace
XD, I love your Brawl hatred Prof, it makes me lol.
MK is a single character and yes he is extremely unbalanced, more than any character in Melee or Brawl. But whilst MK is a single character that is unbalanced and very difficult (but possible) to beat, Melee has about 6 or 7 characters which are very difficult (maybe not to the same standard as MK) to beat with characters placed bellow them. Whereas in Brawl it isn't as difficult to defeat the better characters in the game (with the obvious exception of MK) with characters placed bellow them. You can argue that this is because the metagame in Brawl is far less developed than that of Melee, and you would have a point, but its beside the point as I am refering solely to the Brawl metagame as it exists right now.
Whilst you are right in saying that MK is more unbalanced than characters in Melee, I think you are concentrating to much on a single character in the game (one that is constantly being considered for banning no less) rather than looking at the character roster on the whole.

You make valid (yet often biased lol) points, but as Aiko stated neither of us can really compare the two games as we each lack full understanding of the other game. This is just the conclusions I have drawn from my experiences of both games, however limited they may be. So stating Melee as a more balanced game a fact is just wrong. I respect but disagree with your oppinion.
Also, Mako didn't really state his agreement either way... he just made a hilarious analogy that doesn't really make a lot of sense. Although a man with no legs is has a far greater advantage over a fish when it comes to climbing stairs, so whichever game represents the man without legs is most probably the game he believes to be more balanced, although I took it to mean low tier chars have no chance in either game.

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
surely not, a greedy person would push for more until it came to the last opportunity when they would settle.
I think it's pretty clear at this point that willz is not interested in a £5 mm at all.

also we only say mk and snake because they are so extremely unbalanced compared to the rest of the cast. If we're making the comparison anything like beating a high tier in melee with a low tier, brawl would have about as many characters in that regard and 2-3 that take it to an extreme level.

Top Bottom