• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

East Midlands tournament and social thread

EastMidlands

Smash Cadet
The East Midlands next fest is being confirmed tommorow night, Brado just needs to visit and finalise things with the venue. The date is going to be the 10th October, at a very nice venue just outside of Leicester (one short bus ride).

Everything should be finalised by tommorow night.

/advertisement

Calzorz

Smash Lord
il only come to EM fests if entry fee is increased to like 7pounds / idc if people dont care to much if i come or not but i just let u know u wont see me unless it is and has doubles also with 10pound a team or something, gl with ur tourny btw brado may seem i could be after money only but no i struggle to travel now that im at college and wont be worth my time unless top 3 get a decent pot prize

Brado

Smash Lord
Dude, it's a ranbat, i'm not going to be charging any more than £3/£4 for each event. If I upped the prices that much, it will deter more people than it will bring in. I understand your at college, but Yen is pretty much confirmed already and he's just about to start uni. So i'm not really bothered wether you come or not.

Get hype?

Calzorz

Smash Lord
how many times have i traveld for 3 pound entry fee? too many, try higher this time and if it doesnt work w/e i wont attend anymore and ul get no hype at all

Yeniths

East Midlands!
Yes but to be honest, how many times have I traveled to loose money? A crazy amount of times, but I travel to events for my love for Smash and just to see everyone. I'm usually very busy but attending events is something I really enjoy doing, of course I have on occasion returned with profit, but it's so rare I have lost a hell of a lot since I started playing Smash competitively, but it's been worth every penny.

I've had so many good times and met so many nice people, many of whom I would call friends because of this game, and I'm sure that the good times will continue to come, I've had so many good times just traveling to places with everyone. Smash is to good, so is the community in general.

Cal come to see me:) this will probably the next event I will attend due to me starting Uni, but I will be attending as many events as possible, I plan to be at nearly every event. Your going to win anyway so you've got money :p.

Yeniths

East Midlands!
Double post by mistake, sorry.

Rake I expect you to come make some visits to me when I'm at Worcester :p I'll do the same obv, It's like a 45 min drive :).

Calzorz

Smash Lord
i enjoy traveling too and meeting people but im not gona attend stuff with stupid entry fees when even winning doesnt give u back ur travels its the most stupid thing ever at least it should be 5 pound entry fee singles and 10 per team for doubles imo but w/e if brado doesnt do so enjoy the 10man bracket

K.Mac

Smash Lord
:x as much as I want to side with The Calzorz:

I haven't won a single **** penny since attending smashfests. I spend between £30 - 60 per event, none of which I get back. I've never gotten into the top3 in a tourney (first one I entered I came 4th -.-) and I've probably spent like £200+ on travel and entry fees compared to about £5 I've won through money matches.

That doesn't bother me. the whole point of attending these ranbats is to have a meetup with your buddies and have fun. shouldn't that be enough? :) do you think I'm going to Bolton because I'm going to be coming back £20 richer? I'm going to Bolton to have a weekend of fun with my friends and to get to meet some new people.

fun > money. :]

(edit)

to clarify - I'll probably keep attending EM smashfests whether the entry fee is £2 or whether it's £10. :]

Tamoo

Smash Master
Yes but to be honest, how many times have I traveled to loose money? A crazy amount of times, but I travel to events for my love for Smash and just to see everyone. I'm usually very busy but attending events is something I really enjoy doing, of course I have on occasion returned with profit, but it's so rare I have lost a hell of a lot since I started playing Smash competitively, but it's been worth every penny.

I've had so many good times and met so many nice people, many of whom I would call friends because of this game, and I'm sure that the good times will continue to come, I've had so many good times just traveling to places with everyone. Smash is to good, so is the community in general.
QFT,
if you are travelling to a tournament in order to win money back, then you are playing this game for the wrong reasons.

The_Rake

Smash Lord
Double post by mistake, sorry.

Rake I expect you to come make some visits to me when I'm at Worcester :p I'll do the same obv, It's like a 45 min drive :).
hmmm, may do, its further to worcester than leicester and i only go there when it's not a ranbat wen theres a couple of guys available, like I did last sat when will flaked :/

I would prob be interested in doing it sometime though, id make the effort, depends when i'm free, weekends are usually mad for me except maybe sat afternoons

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
Lol this is gonna be awesome.

Also, Cal raising it to £5 for singles and £10 for doubles will deter people like Brado said. None of the EM monthlies have had less than 10 people either lol.

Brado

Smash Lord
Calzorz you really are just being a ****. The whole smash community doesn't go on wether you are going or not. Willz was a fest with £3 entry whilst you were in lyon and we had around 17 people coming. Not the biggest turnout, but a fun fest nonetheless. Yen really said everything right, try attending for the fun of it, not the money. Your saying you don't even get your money back, think about everyone who isn't guaranteed 1st/2nd. At most the top 2 will get their travelling back, and that really doesn't bother people. You seem to be the only person who really 'wants' the money back, whereas there are so many smashers in similar situations to you with schooling and such.

If your uninterested then stop posting stupid stuff like 'enjoy your 10man bracket', it just shows your immaturity and how much you play for money. £3 is not a stupid entry fee, it's a reasonable price to ask from everyone, and ensures entry fee's wont stop being attending. Not many would be willing to pay the prices you mentioned, as very few will be expecting their money back. We will get some hype for it, a lot more than if I was charging £10+ and venue.

Sorry about not having the date up, as callum said the guy wasn't in, so I will be speaking too him tommorow.

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
I should be round yours later Cal but atm I have to do my courseworks which is lame but meh.

Nishin

Smash Apprentice
Guys, it's looking like I may have to spend the money I'd reserved for entry fees on computer maintenance.

I'll keep you posted.

Anaky

Smash Champion
NNID
AnakyUK
Im just gonna point out that all i see posts from in this thread are Willz, Brad and Calzum, and im not saying its a bad thing cuz ur keeping the thread updated, just ahd to say that lol nvm carry on.
Still dunno whether i can make this or not, i wanna make the London event after this 1, but so far i dont think ive missed a single EM or NW fest since ive been on here.

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
eh...?

If you don't make this I'll win it and I'm sure you don't want that to happen loool

Top Bottom