• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

East Stroudsburg University Singles Brawl Tourney

KickKickFlip

Smash Apprentice
Brawl singles Tournament

best 2 out of 3

Double Elimination

If time permits we may run a doubles tournamen afterwards.

10$ entry fee; 5$ with wii or tv; no venue fee;

We will have some projectors set-up just for friendly matches throughout the tournament and we should have 3-5 of our own setups (tv/wii) but if anyone can bring more we'd be grateful ^.^

Venue:

Name:
East Stroudsburg University
www.esu.edu

Address:
200 prospect street
East Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania, United States

Notes:
Our campus is not even 5 minutes off of the toll bridge from 80 coming from new jersey. It will be held in the campus's Keystone room for the the time being. It is held through our college as we are the College Official Video/board/game group.

Rules:
Stages

Neutrals:
•Battlefield
•Final Destination
•Yoshi’s Island (Brawl)
•Smashville
•Lylat

Counter Picks:
•Castle Siege
•Delfino Plaza
•Halberd
•Pokemon Stadium 1
•Frigate Orpheon

Rules
•3 Stock
•8 min. time limit
•Ledge grab limit: None
•No Items
•Double Elimination
•All standing and walking infinites are banned except for ICs
Mk’s Infinite cape is BANNED
•DSR: You cannot counterpick the same stage you won on in a set unless the opponent agrees on it.
•First round consists of all characters being chosen by a blind pick. (Disputes settled by Rock-Paper-Scissors). The first stage will then be determined by a stage strike method. Players take turn striking out neutral stages until only one stage remains, which is the stage that is played. After the first match is over, each player bans one stage that can not be used in counterpicks.
•If a player successfully ends the match with either Bowser or Ganondorf’s over B attack by suicide, then the player who initiated the move wins.
•If a player ends the match by swallowing with Kirby or DDD, the person who initiated the attack wins. IF the victory is shown that the person who was swallowed won, then the win goes to them bc they broke out of the swallow, whether the player’s realized it or not.
•If there is a dispute over controller ports then the two will rock paper scissors (best of 3) to determine who will be in which port.
•Each set is Best of 3. Loser’s Finals, Winner’s Finals, and Grand Finals are all Best of 5.
•If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage.
•You may not distract (ex: screaming at them to get out of an infinite) your opponent, penalty is a loss for that match of the set.

Because we are a campus group and my primary focus is to just try and get a gaming scene on campus in general; we won't yet be enforcing ledge grab caps or some of the other wierder stuff they may not know about but as the group grows and in future tournaments I plan on having all official rules eventually enforced.

KickKickFlip

Smash Apprentice
We're hoping to get some outside people to this event because we got some potential skill here and it's a shame to watch it go to waste. It'll be a good time regardless and everyone in the area should come.

Flutter NiTE

Smash Lord
Need a few more details. Whats the price for Singles? Doubles? When does the event start? When does ANYTHING start?

Tournament in PA. I'm Hyped. Only PA tournaments are /HOPE and ..... /HOPE

AlexoftheAura

yaylatias.gif
NNID
AlexoftheAura
You forgot about /HOPE

I will definitely look into coming but I'm not sure if my ride will want to make the trip.

Brisinger581

Smash Cadet
I will see about coming out cause I'm only 2hrs away and would be a nice way to spend a friday afternoon. Need to find someone who has a car though :/

P.S. Wish it was a little later in the day cause as it is I would be like 2hrs late to the tournament if I can even find a ride.

cy1f

Smash Rookie
We are located in east Stroudsburg PA; 5 minutes off of the route 80 toll bridge by New Jersey near the Pocono area. Our college is www.esu.edu and I'm the original poster; just can't get ahold of my old account so I used kickflips account.

It seems like the group hosting this is actually trying to do something else instead; so sad to say this touirnament is pretty much a bust now.

But if your within the Area add me at jlg4860@live.esu.edu,on Allisbrawl as cylf; or on facebook as Joshua Gaston and I'll explain in better detail/try and help set up an informal smash meetings since me and another friend, cam, on campus want to get practice for Apex in January and let's face it; smash is just plain fun.

also admins please do me a favor and set this tournament status to closed so people don't get their hopes up. Sorry about this. If i need to have kickflip do it i'll send him a message and have him send the request.

ThunderSt0rm

Smash Champion
But if your within the Area add me at jlg4860@live.esu.edu,on Allisbrawl as cylf; or on facebook as Joshua Gaston and I'll explain in better detail/try and help set up an informal smash meetings since me and another friend, cam, on campus want to get practice for Apex in January and let's face it; smash is just plain fun.
I'd be interested in this, even better if a different tourney could somehow get organized.

FuRyOf1000SuNs

Smash Journeyman
I want better detail. I was gonna come. I live in east stroudsburg now. Fail.

Top Bottom