• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Eastern Washington Bi-Weeklies! ~Next Tourney~ [11/17/07]

Peaches

Smash Lord
It's funny, because Pokemon just took magic and dumbed it down to the barebone game concepts.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
It's funny, because both bowser and peach were supposed to be in 64 smash, but were removed due to graphical issues.

oh wait that has nothing to do with what you guys were sayin nvm my bad.

M3tr01D

Smash Lord
Oh yeah, you SSB64 kids like it simple. >=]

Get it? SSB64 is a terrible and shallow fighter?
shallow and terrible? melee was based off of ssb64. all that was really added was 397452872938473879 new defensive options. These new options just made nearly all characters combo ability next to zero. I wasn't aware combos made a fighting game terrible.

Get it? You don't really know what you are talking about?

Eggz

Smash Hero
I wasn't aware inescapable combos that can be done regardless of the conditions and take minimal tech skill made a game good.

Options are what make a game great. Get it? Thats why I'm not playing an atari right now?

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
haha stop defending the obviously inferior gameplay of 64, directional influence was improved so much to the point where it really seperates smash from most other fighters, in that not all combos are SET, and it makes you be creative while you are playing, it isn't a touch-them-once into mind-numming reflex combo game like 64 was, lol

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
i didn't say it didnt' exist, it was MASSIVELY improved in melee to the point where its not near pointless and actually becomes strategic, rather than just more mindnumming button mashing lol

oh sorry, control stick mashing.

Eggz

Smash Hero
I'm pretty sure its not easier to do. You either DI or you don't. The only exception is smash DI.

If you're good at ssbm DI, you're good at all DI.

That's why computer combos are still impressive to everyone who actually likes that poop game. Imagine if Tetsuya combos worked. Get it? Tetsuya combos is basically SSBM64?

So I think what your post should have said is

Metroid said:
just because DI is actually effective in melee doesn't mean it wasn't in n64. combos aren't set, you can get out of them. If you fail to get out of them it just means you are playing ssb64.
The point is, without enough evasive options, defensive methods, or creativity, a game sucks. I'd love to the same 0-death over and over again, but not only is it boring, but its...boring. >_>;

M3tr01D

Smash Lord
DI was useless in n64? surviving edge guards because of ledge DI is worthless? getting out of link's up smash after the first hit is worthless? surviving up smash at 100% + because of wall DI worthless? If you mash mindlessly you aren't going to escape anything.

Also, the same boring 0-death combos? you can play any character you want and you'll never 0-death me once because of DI.

Luigi Ka-master

Smash Lord
Eggz on Ka's account:

Unfortunately, that doesn't change my minimal tech skill argument. Setting up combos in training mode takes like 0 tech skill. Aside from being able to handle those ****ing ******** controllers, I see nothing difficult in that game. The floatyness and slow gameplay make everything 20X easier.

Luigi Ka-master

Smash Lord
DI was useless in n64? surviving edge guards because of ledge DI is worthless? getting out of link's up smash after the first hit is worthless? surviving up smash at 100% + because of wall DI worthless? If you mash mindlessly you aren't going to escape anything.

Also, the same boring 0-death combos? you can play any character you want and you'll never 0-death me once because of DI.
Double post from laziness.

Just because your mediocre at SSB64 and none of us actually play the game doesn't mean you can talk like you're the **** or something.

I'm sure if I actually put a few minutes into the game I'd be able to destroy you. Get it? ****in' easy to learn? >_.; rl-

M3tr01D

Smash Lord
$20 MM at n64 next time I'm over there then?

Also if none of you actually play it why do you pretend to know what you're talking about on it?

mediocre? I don't recall ever playing you.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
hey now i know plenty about the game and used to play it so dont include ME in that statement, its clearly an inferior game to melee, but its still a good fun game, i never said otherwise XD

Eggz

Smash Hero
Like I said, I don't play the game. I doubt your at pro level, and acting tough **** on someone regarding a game they don't play or consider fun is bull****.

That'd be like me challenging you to a DDR money match, or something equally weird. You probably think DDR is homosexual and girly, well I think SSB64 is gay and girly.

Not only is the n64 controller PERFECTLY unfit for a fighter, but the game mechanics are just so imbalanced its ridiculous.

M3tr01D

Smash Lord
Like I said, I don't play the game. I doubt your at pro level, and acting tough **** on someone regarding a game they don't play or consider fun is bull****.

That'd be like me challenging you to a DDR money match, or something equally weird. You probably think DDR is homosexual and girly, well I think SSB64 is gay and girly.

Not only is the n64 controller PERFECTLY unfit for a fighter, but the game mechanics are just so imbalanced its ridiculous.
DDR is awesome I'm not sure what you're talking about.

Peaches

Smash Lord
Deva, did you die? Call back please. But nevermind now, I've got homework to do and rock climbing to prep for tomorrow.

R.C.

Smash Apprentice
Why is it that this thread always has Western WA arguing with Eastern WA...it's kind of gay...everywhere...forever. One could say that it gets...annoying and that every argument is more pointless than the previous one.

M3tr01D

Smash Lord
I just argue with western when they spam and pretend to know what they're talking about. also sometimes when they come in OUR thread and inform us of how low our skill level is.

Top Bottom