• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Easton Smash rejoice!!!- Now updated with new info!!!

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
This goes out mainly to those in the Easton, PA area, and surrounding. That's parts of NJ, Allentown, Bethlehem, etc.

So This is the updated first post for this. We're in business. Things kinda got random with all the dumb stuff that's been going on. The first tournament was actually kind of last minute, and free to enter. I can post the results for that. (We've got some newer smash heads out there, now. check the top 4 results.)

http://challonge.com/ggsmash1

So this week, is Melee teams, and 64 singles. Melee is going to be a bi-weekly thing, according to the owner. It got such a great response from last time. We had 30 entrants, (capped...there would have been more.) and everyone enjoyed it.

Just two days ago, we ran a MvC2 tournament as well. The heat is on, now. I can't even express how exciting it is to run Melee in the area. Here's the thread for the first official (smash) tournament.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=329975

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
On Northampton St. Where the Utopia building used to be. About a block past the circle. It's just before the circle right now. It's called The Game Gallery. They're moving in October 1, and the projected first tournament date is the 5th.

missedwithtruestrike

Smash Journeyman
thats not far from me at all. 5 minutes drive tops.
i hate going through the circle >.> theres always cops...and cones.
its not me im worried about either, its other drivers.
when the games start up, ill be there. keep me posted

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
Yeah, the other drivers might have a problem if they come from the freebridge side via Northampton, but there are ways around the circle, thankfully. See if your friends can make it, too. I'm thinking of running it via Melee singles and P:M teams. We'll see, though. I've gotta get in contact with Lite, Deff, Soulja, and the rest, somehow. (If they're still around.)

missedwithtruestrike

Smash Journeyman
ill just man up and go through, ill most likely be driving whatever friends i can find with me.
also, is it just video games they run there? or are there things like Magic going on?
that'd be killer.

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
This is close enough to me.
Sweet. Be looking forward to it. I'll be getting specifics up, soon. I'm kind of debating how I want to run Project: M. (Teams or Singles) I was thinking Melee Singles, P: M teams. I'll be sure to keep you guys posted, though.

is it just video games they run there? or are there things like Magic going on?
that'd be killer.
To my knowledge it's just games. Who's to say that it can't be more due to popular demand, though? However, I think we'd be seeing retro gaming events before anything else. The next move for these guys, I believe, is they want to set up an Arcade/Game salon. That is a project in the works, though. It couldn't hurt to run the idea by them for future events.

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
I truly apologize about the delays. A bunch of crazy stuff happened. However, we're going to be on a regular schedule, now. (except for the weekend of NEC, as I will be there, instead of in Easton to run whatever non smash tournament there is.) Smash is in effect, and I think we can really get Easton going. A trio of smashers from Lafayette College came out to test themselves, and they did well, taking top 4, along with an old smasher with a new name. (That would be me.) Rutgers got wind of the tournaments, too. Could this be the start of something really major?

Top Bottom