• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

EB games and brawl

Cubemario

Smash Journeyman
Does EB games have anything going on with brawl trading wise? I was thinking of trading in a few DS games that I never play cause I don't like them and wouldn't miss them. They are popular games too, mario 64 ds, final fantasy III DS. There is also an extra nintendo DS in the house that is never used.

Think they'll rip me off something horrible, should I try ebay?

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
If you trade in enough games you can get brawl free because of that whole trading thing they do.
50 games or so, then you only have to pay tax, yeah?

Nah. I don't know how bad EB is, but there were some local places here that would rip you off pretty bad. Back when the GCN was released they would give like $5 for a "like new" N64 game and resell it for $25-$30.

cynar

Smash Apprentice
There is a deal right now where you can trade in 2 wii games (on a certain list) and pay $10 for brawl.

ScubaGoomba

Smash Apprentice
That's all part of business, though, and you can't fault the stores for that. I'm pretty sure that they make a majority of profits off of reselling games. And it isn't all bad; I traded in a bunch of N64 games for a free Game Boy Player. Worked out pretty well for both parties involved.

Afterall, you could just keep the games you won't play again and not get a few extra dollars to put toward something more useful.

TwilightSky

Smash Cadet
Yep, if you try to sell a Gamecube, you'll probably only get $15 out of it. And it won't even be cash, just a voucher.

Mess

Smash Cadet
Trade in the DS. The trade in value for one of those should be enough for brawl (or close enough)

Cubemario

Smash Journeyman
Thanks for all the help, i'll call an EB store or two tomorrow and see what they say I can get for a couple DS games or a DS lite.

I kinda doubt these items would sell on ebay for much of a profit either, unless someone can say otherwise. So i'm probably going to be stuck with them unless I trade them in.

Situation is, I won't be able to get brawl on the day it's released, and it's doubtful i'll even be able to get it all for at least a week. Money is tight, bills to be paid.

Like the other poster said. This stuff isn't being used and is just taking up space. I think if I trade it in, it'll be beneficial to both sides. I get brawl, they get more valuable products to sell.

Top Bottom