• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

EC Presents: Crank That Kosha Boy! Featuring DugFinn and Xyro! November 14th, NJ.

Inui

Banned via Warnings

Name courtesy of teh_spamerer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qg2-hKuKhzg#t=0m10s

This will be a very special event. DugFinn and Xyro, the two best hosts in Texas, are both coming! They will be co-hosting this event with me, making it even better. For those of you that doubt Xyro is the best Samus, you can come lose to it with your top tiers and give him your money in the low tier events. For those of you wondering if DugFinn really is that awesome, you can come see for yourself and be amazed.

This will probably be my BEST event yet!

Venue:
The Palmer Inn/Clarion Hotel
3499 Route 1 South
Princeton, NJ 08540
Garden Room

Sign-ups: 10:00am.
The tournament starts at 11:00am.

Low tier doubles will be the first event, then normal singles, then normal doubles, and finally low tier singles. Events will start as soon as they can. As low tier doubles thins out to open more set-ups, normal doubles will start, and so on and so forth.

Venue fee = $10 (sorry, it needs to be raised to pay for the event and pay the hosts)
Singles = $10
Doubles = $10 per person ($20 per team)
Low tier singles = $5
Low tier doubles = $5 per person ($10 per team)

If you bring a Wii and a TV and we use them, you'll have part of your house fee waived. $5 for each item we use. Please bring set-ups in order to help us out!

Singles:
1st: 50%
2nd: 25%
3rd: 15%
4th: 5%
5th: 2.5%

Low tier singles:
1st: 55%

Doubles:
1st: 55%

Low tier doubles:
1st: 60%
2nd: 30%
3rd: 10%

Brawl Rules:
* Matches will be THREE (3) Stock, seven minute time limit.
* Double Elimination. All matches will be 2/3, with all finals being 3/5.
* The bracket will be seeded by crews/region and rankings.
* Items will be off.
* Life stealing is allowed in teams.
* Smashballs will be OFF.
* Advanced Slob picks: First match is a blind pick, where the competitors will tell their character to a judge, and then proceed. The loser of the first match will then pick the next stage, then the winner may choose his character. After, the loser will choose his character and begin. The same will happen for the third match, if forced.
* You may ban one stage.
* You may not counterpick a stage that you won on.
* The Mage's DQ rule is also in effect:
2 Minutes Late: Warning/Loss of first stock
4 Minutes Late: Loss of first match of set
6 Minutes Late: Loss of set
* Any attempt at lame tactics will result in a warning. Any further attempt at lame tactics will result in forfeit. Judges can be called over if you're confused about this.
These tactics include, but are not limited to:
-Stalling under a stage.
-Running away to run the time limit. (Excessively. If there's 30 seconds, and you bail, that's one thing. But if you waste 5 minutes, or be a jerk about it, we're stopping the match. It's at the judge's discretion.)
* The stage strike system will be used to determine the first stage. Each player, starting with the higher seed or determined by the players with something like rock/paper/scissors, will strike one stage from the neutral list until only one is left, and that will be the stage played on for the first match.
* Inui, DugFinn, Xyro, and Magus (and anyone else we may recruit) are the only TOs for this event. Everyone else needs to stay away from the laptop used for the brackets and not interfere with running the event. If someone else that we trust is needed to help, like dmbrandon or Keitaro for example, then you'll be asked to help. Otherwise, please leave the laptop clear for the TOs. Your cooperation is greatly appreciated. You can trust us to run a very good event as usual, so don't worry.
* You are not allowed to play friendlies during the tournament until the TOs have specifically said you can. If you are caught playing friendlies when we need the TVs for tourmament matches, you will be asked to get off. If we ask you to get off multiple times, you will be disqualified with no refund. This is to ensure that the tournament runs smoothly and finishes on time.
* NO REFUNDS ONCE THE BRACKETS ARE MADE FOR AN EVENT. Singles is going to run late. There's no way to avoid it. If you don't think you can stay until ~12:00am, don't bother entering and save us the trouble of having to alter the bracket later.

Stages:

Neutral:
* Final Destination
* Battlefield
* Yoshi's Story
* Smashville
* Lylat

Counterpicks:
* Delfino Plaza
* Battleship Halberd
* Castle Siege
* Brinstar
* Pokemon Stadium 1
* Frigate Orpheon
* Rainbow Cruise

NOTE: You may play any banned stage as long as both you, and your opponent agree and ask a judge! If you agree, there will be no complaints!

DO NOT BRING WENDY'S TO THE VENUE. IF YOU BRING WENDY'S TO THE VENUE, YOU WILL BE CHARGED AN EXTRA $1 TOWARDS THE VENUE FEE OR YOU WILL BE ASKED TO LEAVE WITH NO REFUNDS GIVEN. I DO NOT WANT TO SMELL GREASE ALL DAY AND EVERYONE ALWAYS LEAVES A MESS FOR ME TO CLEAN UP. EAT YOUR WENDY'S AT THE RESTAURANT AND DO NOT BRING IT BACK. ALSO, JUST TRY NOT TO BRING FOOD IN AT ALL BECAUSE IT MAKES A HUGE MESS.

Low Tier Singles

-All normal singles rules apply.

Allowed Characters

Zelda
Jigglypuff
Ike
Bowser
Lucas
Yoshi
Ness
Sonic
Pokemon Trainer
Mario
Samus
Captain Falcon
Link
Ganondorf

Transportation and getting here:

-You can take the train to either the Princeton Junction or Princeton train stations. You will be picked up for a small fee of about $2 or so by someone at the venue. If you're the only one getting picked up on a certain trip, you're obviously going to have to pay a little more than that, so maybe $5. It's up to the driver in the end. You're also going to have to pay for the way back, so going back in the largest groups possible is the best idea to make it cheaper. You're not going to get overcharged, though, so don't worry too much about it. I am not a driver, but MasterDaveNo1 and Magus420 are. Call Izumi/MasterDave at 908-907-5409 for train station related things. Please don't arrive at the station too early. Remember, sign-ups don't even start until 10:00am because we'll be sleeping after a long night of setting up the venue and training. Don't wait until the last minute when you need a ride back to the station. Please make sure you know your train schedule and get Magus420 or MasterDaveNo1 to drive you to the station on time.
-Make sure you don't pass the hotel! It's not a big hotel. It's a two-story inn. It's beige and reddish in colour. It's immediately before a Wendy's, so if you pass Wendy's, you passed the venue. I don't know how people miss the hotel a lot, but they do. It's right off of Route 1 South. Very easy to find and get to.

http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=7385

Please click the "I am attending this tournament" link on the AllIsBrawl.com page! This helps spread the word about the event!

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
I really wanna go to this. i Hope i can get another job in time to pay for this flight. Rhyme, im coming for you little man.

Im going to go ahead and claim it now, me and inui WILL win 2vs2 low tier. Face it.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
I really wanna go to this. i Hope i can get another job in time to pay for this flight. Rhyme, im coming for you little man.

Im going to go ahead and claim it now, me and inui WILL win 2vs2 low tier. Face it.
You're definitely coming.

We're definitely winning.

:)

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
Horrible name lmao...

Since we're allowing mid tiers in the low tier tourney can I use fox and wolf? :D

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
Well I doubt I'm going to this so I guess I won't bother. Carry on, Lucas, don't get mad.

Kaiber Kop

Smash Master
lol

every character allowed is bottom tier garbage

if you think otherwise, prove it

but you're not going to be able to outdebate me
The Tier List itself is the only arguement against Sonic's inclusion in the event. He's obviously bad and worse than PT and Bowser but is more represented in events than those 2 and gained a higher spot. Doesn't mean it's right. Even if I didn't use Sonic I'd be for his inclusion.

BleachigoZX

Smash Master
He has guilty gear combos, I SWEAR!!

Edit:Inui I can't tell if you really think I suck or if you are trying to encourage me, but you will accept me as a player. Convincing you is my new goal.

Kaiber Kop

Smash Master
Edit:Inui I can't tell if you really think I suck or if you are trying to encourage me, but you will accept me as a player. Convincing you is my new goal.
Prolly thinks you're good but nowhere near the amount that you hype yourself up to be. You're probably the most annoying poster on the boards that I actually like in person :).

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
PFFFTTT!!!! We'll see about that gentlemen :)

Im not saying i will molest you but i AM saying i do have practice against and have teamed with Espy and Mr.3000. Your sonic tricks will not fool me, ya wimp! WHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

Kaiber Kop

Smash Master

Im not saying i will molest you but i AM saying i do have practice against and have teamed with Espy and Mr.3000. Your sonic tricks will not fool me, ya wimp! WHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAH!
I'm not saying you're gonna get rocked but......you're gonna get rocked

Lawz.

The Original Deadpool Fan
NNID
Lawz_Fearless
Will try to make this.

Xyro- Friendlies? I know you've played Legan before but I still need to play you.

Max Ketchum

Collegiate Starleague Smash Director
11:00 - Signups
12:00 - Atlantic North trashes Xyro and acknowledges Rhyme as the best Samus
1:00 - Xyro's edited flight information

Top Bottom