• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ECRC #4: Gameunicon: S.N.E.S. Registration at door available - August 21-23 - MA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ambient_Horizon

Smash Ace
Marlborough Massachusetts.

I've been able to hype 7 people into trying to make plans to come to this. 1 from Canada, 1 from Florida, 1 from Michigan, 2 from Lousiana, 1 from Illinois, 1 from Georgia, and Will_ from Alabama (hopefully he'll be able to talk Reflex/George/DanGR/the rest of the AL Crew to go too)

hypehype
Liez. You did nothing to hype me into coming for this that was all Rust :p But yeah I'll be coming to this and repping Neo and Michigan. This will be fun :)

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
Marlborough Massachusetts.

I've been able to hype 7 people into trying to make plans to come to this. 1 from Canada, 1 from Florida, 1 from Michigan, 2 from Lousiana, 1 from Illinois, 1 from Georgia, and Will_ from Alabama (hopefully he'll be able to talk Reflex/George/DanGR/the rest of the AL Crew to go too)

hypehype
Wheres CM`s NY state huh scrub? =P Id give myself 10% chance coming to this shizz. But anything can happen. Neoseeker would **** regional crews <3. *calls dibs on Vertical to be mah doubles*

shanus

Smash Hero
I'll be living in Boston at this point. I'm in for this tournament. I see you have Brawl+???? in the OP, if you want help running a Brawl+ side event, I'll gladly help.

Ambient_Horizon

Smash Ace
Lol I think me and EGale are being partners for dubs at SNES. If he can come. If not then yeah sure. And we will do some damage at crews I cannot wait for this ****.

@ Mike: And you all want me to go and pick up EGale to come to this thing and then I would have to bring him back to Illinois too lol. I might end up helping him with the money to you gtfo :p

GameUnderground

Smash Journeyman
We are very close to launching the website for this event! I would expect tickets and entrances for tournaments to go on sale within 2 weeks!

THIS WILL SELL OUT! I would get your ticket and tournament monies together asap!

GodAtHand

Smash Lord
Luckily this place is less an hour away. So me and my friends should be able to afford to go every day! (^_^)

I love music. If Power Glove goes its auto win. If other bands I enjoy go... maybe HORSE the band... It will also be auto win. Just not as much auto, more like semi-auto, but still win nonetheless.

GameUnderground

Smash Journeyman
Jake, if you want to add some of this into the first post that may be cool....

Copy/Paste from Shoryuken.com... I left the SF rules for no real reason....

GameUniCon.com is turning into a full website in the next week or so... there will be actual ticket sales and tournament registration when this happens!!!

TICKETS WILL BE ON SALE IN THE NEXT TWO WEEKS!

MAKE SURE IF YOU WANT TO ENTER A TOURNAMENT TO BUY YOUR TICKETS EARLY BECAUSE THE BANDS WE ANNOUNCE WILL SELL OUT THE CONVENTION.

We are staggering the announcement of bands with the tickets going on sale so all of the Tournament players have a fair chance to sign up!

Preregistration has begun at www.gameuniverseconvention.com and www.gameunicon.com !

Game Universe Convention 2009 will be a 3- Day Event taking place THIS AUGUST!

181 Boston Post Road West Marlborough, MA 01752-1883

WE WILL BE SELLING HOTEL ROOMS AT A DISCOUNTED RATE THROUGH OUR WEBSITE GameUniCon.com wait and buy them from us! $99.99 a night for 4 People!

The Rumors are True!

HUGE CASH PRIZE Tournaments being held:

This is the FINAL List of Game Tournaments that will be available to enter in at the same time you buy your tickets for GameUniCon 09. I have talked to all the people running the tournaments and they are good with this.

Convention Ticket $40 or $30 with entrance to a Tournament! (gets you in to all 3 days, 24 hours a day and concerts)

Halo 3 4v4 Sat $100
Halo 3 2v2 Sunday $50
Halo 3 FFA Friday $25
Super Smash Bros Brawl Singles Sat $15
Super Smash Bros Brawl Doubles Sat $20
Super Smash Bros Melee Singles Sun $15
Super Smash Bros Melee Doubles Sun $20
Super Smash Bros Plus Later Friday $10
Super Smash Bros 64 Early Friday $5
Street Fighter 4 sat $20
Street Fighter 4 sunday $10
Street Fighter 4 Friday 3v3 Team Battle $15
Soul Calibur IV Invitational Tournament Sat- Final Bracket of it Sunday $15
Soul Calibur IV 3v3 Teams Friday $15
WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2009 1v1 Tournament Sunday $10
Rock Band 2 Full Band Sat $40 Per Band
Rock Band 2 Drums Friday $10
Rock Band 2 Guitar Friday $10
Rock Band 2 Vocals Friday $10
Guitar Hero Metallica Guitar Only Tournament Sunday $10
Guitar Hero Smash Hits Guitar Only Tournament Sunday $10
2am Tetris Tournament Sat Night $10
2am Air Hockey Tournament Friday Night $10
Marvel vs Capcom 2 Early Friday $5
Tatsunoko vs Capcom Early Friday $5
Super Street Fighter II HD Remix Early Saturday $5
Street Fighter III Third Strike Early Saturday $5
BlazBlue Early Sunday $5
King of Fighters XII Early Sunday $5

players must bring their own

Wired XBOX 360 Controller or Wireless with a Play n Charge kit for Halo 3 REQUIRED

XBOX 360 Drums, Guitar, or Microphone for Rock Band and Guitar Hero REQUIRED

Gamecube Controller or Wii Remote for Smash Bros. Melee or Brawl REQUIRED

PS3 Controller or Joystick for Fighting Games (we may have a very limited amount of house controllers for these however, please bring your own)

Check rules section for each specific game.

NO GAME PLAY EFFECTING CONTROLLER MODS ALLOWED.

There will also be some fun tournaments that happen "on the spot" like the Battletoads Speed Run where it would be paid for in person $1 per try with an attendant. Or the Under 13 Smash Tournament.

Halo 3 - Guaranteed $2000 in Cash Prizes
Smash Bros Melee/Brawl - Guaranteed $2000 in Cash Prizes
Street Fighter 4 - Guaranteed $1000 in Cash Prizes
Soul Calibur 4 - Guaranteed $500 in Cash Prizes

Performances by Video Game Related Bands
(To Be Announced... GET YOUR TICKETS ASAP we are staggering the announcement for Tournament on sales then the band announcement because the bands will sell-out the Convention we are trying for some HUGE names)
Only Confirmed Band - Jesus Candy (Game Universe's Jamie's band from Rhode Island)

A Large Freeplay Area to just have fun and play the newest console, import, arcade and classic games.

A Pokemon Meet-Up Battle and Trading Session! (Bring your DS!)

Panels featuring comedy, video game information and industry professionals!

A Dealer's Area with Video Games, Comics, Toys and more!

This will not only be a very competitive high-level Tournament for several games but also a fun event for the casual gamer to attend and have fun hanging out with friends and playing games!

Here's where we need YOUR help!

If this sounds like something that you are even remotely interested please go to

www.gameunicon.com and preregister! It's very important to respond to the email we send you later to confirm you preregistered.

It's FREE and very important to make this convention happen!

You only have to fill out your Name and Email. Please include the Tournament or reason why you would attend Freeplay, bands etc... in the comment section.

We will NOT give out your personal information but we will be able to present a number of people interested in attending to entice more sponsors, bands, dealers to help us and GET MORE MONEY AND PRIZES TO GIVE AWAY!

Tickets and Tournament actual registration will be available soon but preregistering will really, really, help make this Convention more awesome!

www.gameuniverseconvention.com

For information about Game Universe Store and our weekly in store Tournaments

www.myspace.com/gameuniverse
Game Universe
1251 Worcester Rd
Framingham, MA
(508)370-4263

Street Fighter 4 $10 and $20 and other Fighting Game Tournament Format

Seth is Banned from all Street Fighter IV Tournaments.

Tournaments will take place on Playstation 3 Systems. (We will have some 360's setup for free play so you can bring your 360 sticks)

YOU MUST BRING A PS3 JOYSTICK OR CONTROL PAD TO ENTER A TOURNAMENT! (we may have some limited controllers but this is strongly, strongly discouraged.)

Double Elimination with Pooling

Best 2 out of 3 Rounds best 2 out of 3 Matches

Loser's Bracket Finals and Winner's Bracket Finals 3 out of 5 Matches

Street Fighter 4 3v3 Tournament Format

Seth is Banned from all Street Fighter IV Tournaments.

Tournaments will take place on Playstation 3 Systems. (We will have some 360's setup for free play so you can bring your 360 sticks)

YOU MUST BRING A PS3 JOYSTICK OR CONTROL PAD TO ENTER A TOURNAMENT! (we may have some limited controllers but this is strongly, strongly discouraged.)

Double Elimination

Best 2 out of 3 Rounds best 2 out of 3 Matches

Loser's Bracket Finals and Winner's Bracket Finals 3 out of 5 Matches

Prize Payout will be announced soon.

More specific rules to come!

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
****. I want to register now so I don't miss out. I already prereg'd.

Dan_X

Smash Lord
I'm definately going for Brawl+, even if it is only a side event! :D

I already preregistered! ;D I don't want to miss this!

GameUnderground

Smash Journeyman
Now we aren't gonna get Metallica or The Offspring but we are going to get some very big video game related bands. One of which has promised over 2,000 people just for them!

WE WILL NOT HAVE Radio-Hit bands but we will have awesome video-game related bands.

Also we came to terms with another band yesterday... announcement soon.

Marlborough High School has said we can do an assembly before the end of the school year about this con... that's 3,000 people we can directly market to there....

This is gonna be sick.

Piggyman86

Smash Apprentice
Now we aren't gonna get Metallica or The Offspring but we are going to get some very big video game related bands. One of which has promised over 2,000 people just for them!

WE WILL NOT HAVE Radio-Hit bands but we will have awesome video-game related bands.

Also we came to terms with another band yesterday... announcement soon.

Marlborough High School has said we can do an assembly before the end of the school year about this con... that's 3,000 people we can directly market to there....

This is gonna be sick.
See if you can have an assembly at Assabet Valley as well.. It just down the street from MHS and I know a lot of people would be interested.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Is preregistering a promise of attending or no? I still have to discuss this and make plans, but I'd like to sign up early in the assumption that I will be able to go.

EC_Joey

Smash Lord
Preregistering is being used to give the organizers an idea of how much demand there is for certain events. It's not a promise of attending.

NOHK

Smash Apprentice
^^^That was ****ing epic, i am so glad i watched that.

and HOLY SHMOLIGANS! i am hyped out the *** for this. ill be 20 by the time this rolls around also! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom