• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ECRC #4: Gameunicon: S.N.E.S. Registration at door available - August 21-23 - MA

Status
Not open for further replies.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Wait so what's the difference between the 30$ gamer pass and the 40$ pass? $30 you have to enter a tournament?

GameUnderground

Smash Journeyman
If you are entering any tournament that is listed on the site you can get a "Gamer's Pass" the gamer's pass is the same as the Convention pass only you have to enter a Tournament to get the discounted $30 rate.

I would bring your receipt.

Fuzzy1010

Smash Rookie
I have a question. If you are only attending one tournament on one day, (Saturday for example), do you still have to buy a Gamer's Pass? Or can you just buy the tournament pass and go for that one day? I'd rather pay $25 than $55 if I am only attending on Saturday =/.

GameUnderground

Smash Journeyman
I'm very sorry but we are spending a lot of cash on the venue and other entertainment so there is no single day pass.... however, I assure you when you get there 1 day is definitely worth the price.

Also this:

Singles GUARANTEED PRIZE POOL OF $2000!!!
1st - 40% of the pot Guaranteed at least $800
2nd - 25% of the pot Guaranteed at least $500
3rd - 15% of the pot Guaranteed at least $300
4th - 10% of the pot Guaranteed at least $200
5th - 4% of the pot Guaranteed at least $80
5th - 4% of the pot Guaranteed at least $80
7th - 1% of the pot Guaranteed at least $20
7th - 1% of the pot Guaranteed at least $20
(Note that when the tourney is over there will be two people that tie for 5th and 7th place)

You will be shocked at the scope of this event!

We will be announcing more bands this monday or tuesday!

BTW PLEASE, PLEASE spread the word about GameUniCon to EVERYONE you know... keep in mind that this will be an awesome event to go to even if you don't play Smash! So you can all drag 4 or 5 friends to it and they will have fun! ;)

Banks

Smash Hero
i'm not gonna be able to buy tickets until a bit later, because i have alot of planning to do....i'm hoping people who are regulars at mass madness (every month for the past couple years) aren't just turned away because other people bought tickets =/

Fuzzy1010

Smash Rookie
I'm very sorry but we are spending a lot of cash on the venue and other entertainment so there is no single day pass.... however, I assure you when you get there 1 day is definitely worth the price.
So, a Gamer's Pass/Convention Pass is mandatory for you to enter the venue? Like, you HAVE to get a Gamer's Pass/Convention Pass for you to participate at all at GameUnicon?

vigiliante

Smash Journeyman
If jake is serious about seth being banned at SF4 tourneys he is wrong. Not all tourneys ban seth but there are some. I think this tourney is unbanning seth and gouken because of popular demand.

GameUnderground

Smash Journeyman
Tickets available now at www.gameunicon.com

GameUniCon is going to be awesome!

We are psyched to announce

FREEZEPOP

(AS FEATURED IN ROCK BAND AND GUITAR HERO)

WILL be performing at GameUniCon on Friday Night!!!

Check out their music at http://www.myspace.com/freezepop

Here is just a small amount of the video games they have appeared in...

"Science Genius Girl" is featured in FreQuency and in Karaoke Revolution.
"Super-sprøde" is featured in Amplitude.
"Sprode", a rock remix of Super-sprøde, is featured in Rock Band as a song included with the February 2008 issue of Xbox Magazine and is available as downloadable content. The January 2009 issue of PlayStation: The Official Magazine lists Freezepop's "Sprode" as first on a list of Rock Band’s "Five Most Unexpectedly Rockin' Downloadable Songs."[4]
An edited version of "Brainpower" (with Electric guitars added in) is featured in Rock Band.
"Stakeout (Ultra:mix)" is featured in Dance Dance Revolution Ultramix 3.
"Bike Thief" is featured in Downhill Domination.
"Get Ready 2 Rokk" is featured in Guitar Hero.
"Less Talk More Rokk" is featured in Guitar Hero II and DANCE! Online, as well as future downloadable content for the Rock Band series and the upcoming Rock Band Unplugged.

TNA WRESTLING KNOCKOUT Velvet Sky

Will be making an apperance and signing autographs!

Her segments with "The Beautiful People" are currently the HIGHEST rated segments on any show on Spike TV.

Check out her pics at http://www.myspace.com/talia_doll and you will see why.

All this in addition to

Perfomances by

Powerglove
The Konami Kode
The Megas
STILL MORE TO COME!

Tickets on sale now at

www.gameunicon.com

bolt.

Smash Ace
I will have my license by this and then I will finally make it to a tourny. Hopefully I can get a tourny in b4 this though. *Sigh*. Nothing is in walking distance now a days, lol.

GuruKid

Smash Ace
Freezepop, eh? Cool I guess, but I think Powerglove alone would be enough hype for peeps.

Velvet Sky is alriiiiiight.

Brawl+ doubles... por favor? The plus scene could really use a big tournament like this for exposure; it's great that singles is being done, but doubles is like the jelly to singles' peanut butter; they belong together. :)

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
HOLY **** ****ING FREEZEPOP!!!! YES I AM COMING

guru no more + we had enough of the sid tournament non-sense XD

GuruKid

Smash Ace
RACIST!!! :psycho:

But for reals... at least consider it, you guys. Plus is really taking off, and a solid spot in this tournament would push its momentum even more.

GameUnderground

Smash Journeyman
I am very excited right now because we still have REAL surprises! Stuff no one has guessed and we haven't spread rumors about!

Also, I'm pretty sure if you ask around at the tournament you will be able to organize an on the spot Brawl+ Doubles late at night on Friday after the concert or before if time is available... or both for that matter... lol

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
im thinking ima show up to this, Freezepop clinched it for me

Even if you have dumb SF bans

and people talk about banning metanknight needlessly...

GameUnderground

Smash Journeyman
Jake,

I'm not sure where everyone is getting that Seth etc are banned from SF... can you change it if they are still listed in the rules.

THEY ARE NOT BANNED!

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
sorry, I posted without looking again.

Thanks for the correction and my bad...

EDIT:
Just looked again, and it still says that Seth is banned from all SF4 Tourneys. It says it twice near the bottom of the first post of this thread

Prawn

Smash Master
lease Contact Keough Gaming for information about your child entering our tournaments or staying overnight if he/she is under 18. You must fill out the hotel's parental permission slip for your child to stay overnight with us. We have an open door policy with all children under 18, we will do random alcohol and drug checks if we find any sign of this behavior you are financially responsible for the flight home or picking up your child immediately. Speak with John or Cassie directly for more specific information.
Seriously? I'm ****ing 17 years old and I need my parents to sign a god **** permission slip to allow me to play Brawl?

That's kind of really ****ing ridiculous and frankly I'm insulted and angry about it.

Piggyman86

Smash Apprentice
Seriously? I'm ****ing 17 years old and I need my parents to sign a god **** permission slip to allow me to play Brawl?

That's kind of really ****ing ridiculous and frankly I'm insulted and angry about it.
I agree with this man. I can understand needing to sign a permission slip for someone who is like 13 or under, but 18 or under? It's a video game tournament, I don't think my parents want to get out of their way to sign a permission slip for me to enter a video game tournament when I'm 17 years old.

GameUnderground

Smash Journeyman
Ummm it's if you stay over... not if you enter the tournament.

Normally you have to be over 18 or even 21 to rent a hotel room but we went way out of our way to make it so anyone ANY AGE can stay at the hotel even if you aren't 21.

lol you guys still don't understand how big this convention is do you?

Update...

I double checked with Keough Gaming and he's gonna change that line so it just says if you stay over at the hotel.

Greene Archer

Smash Ace
It's a liability thing. Don't ***** about it. Notice also that there are specific prizes given instead of drawing from the cash pot directly? This is because of legal issues with gambling in MA. Notice that there are other events going on at this? It's not just a smash tournament. This is much bigger than any smash tournament held, besides possibly an MLG event. Granted, not all of it is for smash, but it's still epic. Complaining about the little things just gets in the way, why not appreciate the guys at GU who are planning this, and how luck you are to be able to go to it?

tl;dr: Don't complain, it's awesome.

EDIT: I'm bad at posting quickly... What Jamie said.

GameUnderground

Smash Journeyman
It's a liability thing. Don't ***** about it. Notice also that there are specific prizes given instead of drawing from the cash pot directly? This is because of legal issues with gambling in MA. Notice that there are other events going on at this? It's not just a smash tournament. This is much bigger than any smash tournament held, besides possibly an MLG event. Granted, not all of it is for smash, but it's still epic. Complaining about the little things just gets in the way, why not appreciate the guys at GU who are planning this, and how luck you are to be able to go to it?

tl;dr: Don't complain, it's awesome.

EDIT: I'm bad at posting quickly... What Jamie said.

Lol we actually got a limited gambling license so that we can have legal Money Matches. :p

For real... the cops say... "Did you bet money" and we can show them a piece of paper!

You do have to make us aware of it or something like that but at EVO you can't have money matches and it's in Vegas! You have to do it in your hotel room there's like a page on it in the rules... We got it legally for the win!

Greene Archer

Smash Ace
Wow, that's kinda awesome. I didn't know you could do that in MA.

You guys are awesome, just thought I'd reiterate.

GameUnderground

Smash Journeyman
lol I didn't know we could do that either! Keough Gaming (our partner with the con) is awesome. They got the legal stuff on lock. :)

Prawn

Smash Master
entering our tournaments or staying overnight if he/she is under 18.
What you're saying and what the text is saying is conflicting.

EDIT: My mistake, the sentences are worded funny. Sorry about that. You should fix it

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
WHY DOES THIS ONLY HAVE 11 PAGES ON 40 POSTS PER PAGE WTF THIS NEEDS WAY MORE HYPE, JESUS CHRIST.

Jamie, can you PM me about any duties you want me to do when this rolls around?

hotdogturtle

Smash Master

I'm sure you're a well-respected 17 year old with that attitude.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom