• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ECRC #4: Gameunicon: S.N.E.S. Registration at door available - August 21-23 - MA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
Since ny might not go 2 this .. i might fly in from wherever

i am on the ec at the time.. andddd just stay behind milktea

the whole time =D

thats the plan
yo if I decide to go I might pass through NY if you are going to be there. You should come to Philly.

FakeGeorge

Smash Journeyman
Solid Jake said:
I am considering starting brawl pools on friday if it is at all possible, feedback?
I don't like that idea.

I understand that pools take a long time, and starting pools on Friday would help Brawl finish at a decent time. Still, I bought my plane tickets assuming Brawl would be on Saturday. My flight doesn't arrive in Boston until 2:00ish, and that's assuming there are no delays. It would really suck to get disqualified because it took too long to get to the venue. I would imagine that there are other people flying in on Friday (I know Reflex is on the same flight as me, for one), and they might face similar issues.

On a more personal and less Brawl related note, the concert on Friday night with Freezepop is part of the appeal of the convention for me. Pools on Friday would mean that I'd probably miss out on this. It's not essential to attend, but it certainly makes the expense more worthwhile.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Can anyone pick me up from MHT or PVD airport and take me to the venue (and back)? (I can fly into either, it's the same price)

I'd like to arrive on Thursday and leave on Monday most likely.

MHT - Manchester, NH (about 1 hour north of the venue)
PVD - Providence, RI (about 1 hour south of the venue)

I'll chip in some gas money of course

Greene Archer

Smash Ace
@Cog: If you get the gamer's pass, you have to buy into a tournament. Otherwise the site charges you the extra $10.

@Jake: Unless you can get a full round of pools in friday night, it's probably not worth it to start and have the confusion of pools being half-finished the next morning. It's not like setups should be an issue.

Also, are there going to be 1 or 2 rounds of pools?

g-regulate

Smash Hero
i would assume the community would step it up per usual and bring wiis/tvs/cubes. which reminds me...

PLEASE BRING SETUPS
you guys should really think about offering some kind of incentive for bringing setups. am i the only one who is ****ing tired of regional/national tournaments running until 2am monday morning? the main reason this happens is because there is rarely half as many TVs and setups needed to end on time. TOs really need to take more responsibility for the amount of setups available. plank and i are planning on buying dozens of small televisions for pound 4, and are figuring out some kind of incentive to merely bring Wiis/cubes and game discs.

Greene Archer

Smash Ace
I'm pretty sure Keough Gaming has a ton of screens, but we could always use more.

And you can always pull your TV if you need to leave. It's not like that doesn't happen.

GodAtHand

Smash Lord
How will the Metaknight ban decision effect this tournament if at all? Just curious since the decision seems like it will be made before this tournament date.

and

HYPE

GameUnderground

Smash Journeyman
Sorry the setup issue hasn't been spoken about yet...

There is something about it that isn't finalized on our end but should be settled in the next day or two.

YOU WILL NOT HAVE TO BRI NG TVS TO THIS EVENT.

There is an incentive plan in the works for if you are bringing a system.

Announcement will be made soon... I can tell you this.

1 we will have 100 CRTS at the venue for this already dedicated only for smash.

2 if you bring a setup for a system and game you can come and start playing on Thursday. That makes it a 4 day 24 hour event for you!

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
if i go to this, i need two things:

A. to find out how i would go about getting a ride from the logan international to the venue
B. a hotel room to stay in. anyone got some floor space for me? :laugh:

omegablackmage

Certified Lion Rider
wow, thats amazing jamie, thanks.

also, mk ban will NOT affect this tournament or any subsequent tournaments a part of the ECRC for this season.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Posting on this page of the tourney as well :)

Can anyone pick me up from MHT or PVD airport and take me to the venue (and back)? (I can fly into either, it's the same price)

I'd like to arrive on Thursday and leave on Monday most likely.

MHT - Manchester, NH (about 1 hour north of the venue)
PVD - Providence, RI (about 1 hour south of the venue)

I'll chip in some gas money of course

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
if i go to this, i need two things:

A. to find out how i would go about getting a ride from the logan international to the venue
B. a hotel room to stay in. anyone got some floor space for me? :laugh:
You can probably stay with us. I think we have a free spot in our hotel, still, buddy.

I'll keep you posted on that.

Punishment Divine

Smash Champion
The NYC bus:

What time is it leaving, how long will it take to get there, and when is it leaving the venue?

And a novelty question that would be amazing, can we get a setup on the bus? :3

Solid Jake

The Arcanum
The NYC bus:

What time is it leaving, how long will it take to get there, and when is it leaving the venue?

And a novelty question that would be amazing, can we get a setup on the bus? :3
"
Jamie will have to answer those questions.. setup on the bus LOL so good

For those who haven't heard of this yet, here is the info

Travel by Land:

FROM NYC:
Ok.... so it looks like we are going to have a private hired bus from NYC to GameUniCon!!!! It looks likely that it will only be around $20 round trip!!!!(nothing's final yet...)

If interest is there we may send one elsewhere (New Jersey is possible).....

If you were to take any New York bus... you would have to go to all the way to Boston or Framingham then to Marlborough adding time to the trip. This way we will deliver you right to the Convention!!!!

Email Jamie@GameUnicon.com if you are intersted!"

Solid Jake's Tournament outline and promise!:

WE ARE GOING TO RUN THE WORLDS FASTEST AND MOST ORGANIZED NATIONAL SMASH EVENT TO DATE

100 TV'S Guarnteed for smash free play and tournament!

we do require the community to provide setups, but not like a wii is very difficult! We will be doing a check in and labeling system to provide security for the wii and they are working on an incentive program to provide the consoles, but uh every pool gets 3-5 Tv's , yes please!

3 DAY EVENT WITH A VENUE THAT NEVER CLOSES, AND A HOTEL ROOM JUST AN ELEVATOR AWAY!

Concerts Friday and Saturday night featuring bands such as Freezepop, The Minibosses, and Bang Camaro!

A Power House of TO's!

Solid Jake
omegablackmage
omegawhitemage
Dazwa
Alex Strife
Chibosempai
and more to come!

Regional Crews done right! As long as we have the right for each region, we want to see regional crews celebrated like they used to be with fierce rivalries, and regional pride!

Speaking of regional pride, how about community pride?! This is a convention that is built off of pro gaming communities, I think its time we show the SF4 community, the Halo community, and all the other communities that our community is the best!!

It's going to be a blast, a weekend we will never forget, and from what the convention owner has told me there is already nearly 300 people pre registered for smash! (already attention from new players interested in the community? who knows!)

You can learn more @ http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=208490 or www.Gameunicon.com

Hope to see you there~

Sastopher

Smash Journeyman
I'm in Cambridge this summer for an internship. I'm scheduled to leave home for WA on the 15th, but I was already considering extending my stay. If I can work it, I plan to come to this with DeriLink and Henry, assuming it's not too late to register by the end of next week.

Solid Jake

The Arcanum
I'm in Cambridge this summer for an internship. I'm scheduled to leave home for WA on the 15th, but I was already considering extending my stay. If I can work it, I plan to come to this with DeriLink and Henry, assuming it's not too late to register by the end of next week.
you must go, i have an epic tale for you. Youll understand if you make it to this event.

Solid Jake

The Arcanum
Done!!! 100 setups had to remain in the title though
THATS SOO MANY TV'S

we will need wii's and cubes though!!

ghahh@@@!!!! 100 setups gets me so excited , and OOS, new people, etc!

Monkley6

Smash Journeyman

It's going to be a blast, a weekend we will never forget, and from what the convention owner has told me there is already nearly 300 people pre registered for smash! (already attention from new players interested in the community? who knows!)
<- One of those new guys. Not likely I'll get into it too heavily for a long time though. I'm too much of a bum :3

This even is gonna be sick though, can't wait!!! What exactly IS going on with this dive in movie jazz? Sounds ridiculous to me... ridiculously awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom