• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Edge-guarding?

SuperScope

Smash Cadet
Off stage with fox is always risky but on stage he has similar tools to everyone else. It depends on the other person and what they do from the edge. This also falls under fundamentals. You can hold shield at edge and react by shield grabbing a get up in place or react to jump or roll from edge. You could wait for roll and react to get up from edge. Also you can down smash before opponent snaps to edge but the timing needs to be perfect.

Of course you can punish how you want.

NeilMik

Smash Rookie
NNID
Neil_Mik
I Like to have my back turned to the edge and get them opponent with a back air (after doing this 2-3 times they get wise to it)
I then at this point run directly off the edge and try and hit them with a back air as there grabbing the edge this usually spikes them off the side of the stage but you need to double jump and fire fox quickly or you will SD

The dont expect it as there used to seeing you with your back facing the edge

All depends on damage percentage for example if you hit captain falcon with your reflector off stage when he is over 100% damage its almost impossible for him to get back

Last edited:

TrashWizard

Smash Cadet
NNID
n1nj4t2
You could try to master the 1 frame timing (happens when a person is using their up special grabs the edge that one frame is pretty much without any invincibility frames) to downsmash, downsmash has very little startup lag, maybe like one or two frames, so a pre-emptive downsmash with the right timing will most likely kill them if they are above about 70%.

Or be that MAYLAY and shine spike them.

Nubber

Smash Cadet
If they have a linear recovery utilt at the ledge and transitions into uairs.

Top Boss

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PizzaMonkey24
3DS FC
2449-5103-4580
Characters like falcon, rosalina, etc are able to have their recovery be intercepted by up tilt and down tilt/smash.
ledge trump is good so then you can punish regrabs with the stuff i mentioned too.

Top Bottom