• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Edgeguarding with Snake--- I NEED YOUR HELP

6Mizu

Smash Champion
Somewhere in the SubspaceEmissary(NC, Morrisville)
this is pretty dumb and sort of situational, but it has worked for me sometimes and its worth a shot.

If someones on the edge or is about to get there, drop a nade near it and walk back then start charging a fsmash. Some people will will roll past to avoid the nade or get up attack and the fsmash will end up hitting them. Other people might ledge hop and air dodge into it, you never know whats gonna happen. Its sort of hard to punish this as well if you time it right, and its worth the risk if you can pull off snakes strongest move and look like a beast in the process.
It not stupid...I actually did this at the tournament 2 days ago...and it worked.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
What should I add that under? Because i have no idea =/

Fuujin

Smash Champion
You do realize Sheik's recovery is more decent than "good"? Needles in no way help her recovery, they go downward and diagonally so the only way for them to hit is if shes above the opponent, in which she won't need to grab the edge because she's already high enough to recover.
When shes far enough just hop on the ledge and chain becomes useless, she either cant make it back or has to vanish on stage and Snake has enough time to climb up and punish.
Similarly to Zelda's recovery but to a lesser extent.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
You do realize Sheik's recovery is more decent than "good"? Needles in no way help her recovery, they go downward and diagonally so the only way for them to hit is if shes above the opponent, in which she won't need to grab the edge because she's already high enough to recover.
When shes far enough just hop on the ledge and chain becomes useless, she either cant make it back or has to vanish on stage and Snake has enough time to climb up and punish.
Similarly to Zelda's recovery but to a lesser extent.
Or she does a port and spaces it around the ledge and goes directly at the ledge. If you stay on the ledge you get hit by one of her main killing moves. :/ Believe me. I know this. :/

Ralph Cecil

Smash Champion
NNID
RalphCecil
3DS FC
4098-4850-8033
One thing I noticed that you left out about punishing Falco's phantasm is that if you simply grenade drop on the stage and then grab the edge that will take care of both of his options. The grenade stops him from recovering with his phantasm, and if you grab the ledge the grenade won't hurt you and that should stop him there as well. ^_^

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
I know. Just starting getting healthy again. Spent the weekend in the hospital and am getting better. i will be working on this again in a bit.

one thing i like to do against falcos is plant a mine at a certain distance so if they do that ledge hopped phantasm they land on it. Most falcos do this on auto pilot and they can kill themselves or they get blown up in the sky. At FD it is exactly in the middle and on BF it is almost on the opposite circle.

Top Bottom