• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Edgeluca's Sheik wants critiquing! :D

edgeluca

Smash Lord
NNID
Edgeluca
3DS FC
2879-0257-1267
So I finally got my gamebridge, so I decided to do the money match I was holding off with someone. I want to know what you guys think of my Sheik. That includes what I did wrong, what I did right, Tips and general advice. I'd like to know what to change and what not to change. I'll post more matches on this thread as I upload more, too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6s5FYOetTk&feature=channel_video_title
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUrMLt3RzkU&feature=relmfu
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QzLN0vSV1Eg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Squ36_Wves0

mr.fizwidget

Smash Champion
i hope sheiks better than me reply to this thread because i could use the info too

after watching all 4 matches i think i play almost exactly like you

some things i noticed....

your shino stalls are open multiple times, especially the first one... try dropping down and regrabbing then shino stall to avoid any silly deaths... hope this makes sense

when you fair falco's shield you often fall into the same pattern of jab>jab>ftilt if they continue to shield... try and avoid the ftilt because that is punishable unless perfectly spaced and if the fair hits then you will not be at that spacing...even if they dont punish you it alleviates all pressure because of the cooldown of ftilt... the jabs are good, simply waiting is good (not enough people do this) or you can continue to shuffle fairs a la amsah...basically you want to be able to react to anything they do oos and ftilt doesnt allow you to do that

there were a couple of times you got a grab by the edge and didnt throw them off...always throw them off stage

i liked the zelda recovery, that's one thing i never do and it worked for you nicely this set...i think you used it a little too often, but if it works then it works

possibly more later when i re-watch these

chaindude

Smash Journeyman
Any tips for me would be appreciated as well I hardly know what to in this MU I think.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
falco sheik (as falco, entirely from what i hate)

just start a combo that links into u-tilts around 30% and then chase her around the stage... eventually off the stage.

shoot her with lasers.

nair under her sh/fj aerials if you're close enough for that to work. dash attack can also work like this but only at higher percents.

cc her f-tilts to d-tilt or f-smash. or shine if you're close enough. cc jabs into shines.

shine is not as good as u-tilt for combos when you get to 30% or so. lower it's probably better to shine, but around 30 you should switch to u-tilt if you can. obviously stuff like shine > shine ko on yoshi's is still great and you can't u-tilt in the air, but if you can setup an u-tilt it will probably lead to more.

let her poof then punish the lag. d-smash/bair/dair/f-smash below 125 or so. then just d-tilt. percents are lower on yoshi's story and higher on dreamland.

throw her up, towards the ledge, or off the stage when you throw her. f-throw won't knock over until like 30-40 so keep that in mind.

gm jack

Smash Lord
Generally pretty good. I agree on too many unspaced Ftilts on shield hoping to catch them as they try to escape I assume. Maybe a few down airs here and there which weren't necessary and/or allowed them to DI away to avoid the follow up. Sometimes, especially against falco, it's better to take the safe option to put them off stage rather than the extra 12% or whatever it is. I think Uair can't be DIed as much, so maybe try that through platforms when all you are trying to do is get a few more percent before the killing fair.

edgeluca

Smash Lord
NNID
Edgeluca
3DS FC
2879-0257-1267
Thanks guys, yeah I agree with the Dair thing, it's not like it's hard to edgegaurd falco so I might as well just knock him off stage.

Ministry

Smash Ace
First off you need to know all your options out of down-throw agasint falco and fox. I can type them up if you want. These are bread and butter for tech chasing and optimal for building enough damage to start combos.

take off the tag. I noticed you liked to use dair a lot at low %s. Try to avoid using dair in general unless its an edge guard or a tech chase. guessing with sheik is a risk vs reward game. Any risk agasint falco at low % will wind you up with like 60 dmg from one shine. You create good openings but fail execution and don't capitalize. eg 2:06 you could of ran off faired. Try to space better on his sheild when your pressuring, at anytime he could of shined oos.

Stop jumping with zelda when u recover u want the jump with sheik. You need to be more patient when your near the ledge since that falco was never sweet spotting, just wait and react and u can cover mostly everything.

in general you have a good grasp on sheik u just need to refine tech chasing/edge guarding/reaction time.

edgeluca

Smash Lord
NNID
Edgeluca
3DS FC
2879-0257-1267
Thanks a lot man, I agree with everything you said. I will definitely work on all this! :D

MTKO

Smash Journeyman
i hope sheiks better than me reply to this thread because i could use the info too

after watching all 4 matches i think i play almost exactly like you

some things i noticed....

your shino stalls are open multiple times, especially the first one... try dropping down and regrabbing then shino stall to avoid any silly deaths... hope this makes sense

when you fair falco's shield you often fall into the same pattern of jab>jab>ftilt if they continue to shield... try and avoid the ftilt because that is punishable unless perfectly spaced and if the fair hits then you will not be at that spacing...even if they dont punish you it alleviates all pressure because of the cooldown of ftilt... the jabs are good, simply waiting is good (not enough people do this) or you can continue to shuffle fairs a la amsah...basically you want to be able to react to anything they do oos and ftilt doesnt allow you to do that

there were a couple of times you got a grab by the edge and didnt throw them off...always throw them off stage

i liked the zelda recovery, that's one thing i never do and it worked for you nicely this set...i think you used it a little too often, but if it works then it works

possibly more later when i re-watch these
Just wanted to add something here. When you jab their shield, you have a handful of options after the jab(s). Don't go for the same thing after every jab sequence because it's very predictable, especially when your approach to the jabs is the same each time.

Also I noticed you used up smash in a couple instances at the wrong time. You did some jabs then tried to upsmash maybe because you thought you were close enough to hit him and start a combo. Usually that isn't going to work. Up smash is a great move, but it's one that's situational with sheik (tech chasing and other things), so only use it when you know it will hit, otherwise you will be punished badly (especially by falco).

When you powershield Falco's laser, capitalize on it. Take a more advantageous position. I noticed you did this a few times, but there were other times you just continued to stay where you were in an attempt to powershield again.

Top Bottom