• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Egg Lay, We need to find a "Forced" Cancel

Mmac

Smash Lord
As you all know, There is an Egg Lay cancel already caused by maximum distance/spacing, that just simply pulls the opponent closer to you than just trapping him into an egg.

However, I want to believe that there exist some sort of method of getting the cancel everytime, regardless of Distance. I want every Yoshi main reading this to try to experiment with every possible input possible for a few minutes daily

I really think that the Egg Lay Cancel can really make Yoshi stand out. Not to mention it will open up to tons of Scorpion style "GET OVER HERE!" Combos, and far easier setup's for kills (SH ELC to Uair anyone?). Not to mention, just looking plain awesome ;)

Whoever finds a possible cancel gets a Cookie.

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
I'm not sure if the physics associated with the move would provide for a "forced" cancel, but I think it would be awesome to find as well. I've been thinking that Egg Lay is a move that needs to be experimented with a lot more for awhile, now.

Mmac

Smash Lord
There's already a cancel out there, and I think it's possible to exploit it somehow into regular use. We just need to know how to do it.

Plus I think theres more to the current cancel than what appears. I really don't think it's programmed on distance alone...

DstyCube

Smash Journeyman
I'll admit, if there were a way to cancel it 100% of the time, that would be awesome. But I'm having trouble grasping how you would go about doing it. I don't think there's some sort of magical button input that would allow it to cancel.

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: I'm only researching this if I actually get a cookie. I'm kinda hungry.

If it helps, though, I've been getting the timeout cancel more and more often recently. It might be easier to do than we originally thought. Or maybe I'm just lucky (LOL)? I dunno. Interesting stuff, though.

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
I can't seem to figure out a way to intentionally cancel. I've been doing a lot of varieties of ideas (mostly at 1/4 speed), but the closest I could get is catching a character in the air just before they land for a jump and getting the ELFS on them. I'll keep working on it, but really, I'm not sure what else to try at the moment.

Kress

Smash Rookie
:yoshi: I'm only researching this if I actually get a cookie. I'm kinda hungry.
If I didn't know that you main yoshi, I'd think that you are a yoshi mainer anyways :p

I'm gonna see if I can do something to find an intentional cancel.
B-Sticking, prehaps? Or it may have nothing to do with B-sticking, oh well, I'm gonna check it anyways

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
I think if you short hop egg lay and make it so you land on the ground right when the person is supposed to get in your mouth it will cancel the egg lay. I was doing it pretty consistantly recently to a MK in training mode.

Chaco

Never Logs In
I actually forced this three times in a row!!! I might be onto something.

And guess what...it involves backward momentum.

bigman40

Smash Master
I don't think there's a way to force it. Ironically, the spot where you need to hit it is a tad easier than thought out to believe. I don't intentionally do it, but I can get it maybe 1-2 every 3 matches (that I use the move). Your placing is good enough where is working.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Zoom in on Yoshi on FD in trining mode. There are little squares on on the stage, Grid it off and use tongue length to the end to figure out the formula to get a cancel. Mathematical, but it might work. XD

CluelessBTD

Smash Ace
Zoom in on Yoshi on FD in trining mode. There are little squares on on the stage, Grid it off and use tongue length to the end to figure out the formula to get a cancel. Mathematical, but it might work. XD
It works differently on every character as well, It is also affected by their current animation frame. Even if they are standing still, the distance is constantly changing because of their animation.

Naucitos

Smash Journeyman
Just came back and checked this, because recently i've been canceling it from the edge, and i don't think it was at max distance, haven't had a chance to test it yet though, will update XD

Top Bottom