• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Eggm's SUV to Georgia. I WANT 2 LEAVE @ 9 AM FRIDAY FROM PHILLY CHANGE IN PRICE READ.

Eggm

Smash Hero
I've secured my aunts van. Even tho it probably gets more than this I'm going to do all my calculations with 20 MPG.

Ride Priority

1st priority goes to drivers. I want a minimum of 2 other drivers but preferably 3.

2nd goes to crew

3rd goes to people I like

Costs

Total Estimated Distance: 882.13 miles (According to mapquest) From my house to the venue.

1764 Miles round trip.

I'm going to use 20 MPG, even tho it gets more (dunno how much). That way picking people up getting lost and or traffic is included. Probably give us the best rough estimate. If its less or more obviously you will be either compensated or obligated to pay.

Thats 88.2 gallons of gas. I'm going to use 4.00 per gallon cause I don't know the price in other states, and also lets go with worst case. Thats why I'm using more gas than it might be price wise and less MPG. Total cost $$353 US dollars. Spammer stop complaining about .20c I rounded up. Ideally we will split this 7 ways. Since it comfortably seats 7. Thats $50.40 per person. Not bad at all. Thats also like probably 5$ more than it will be per person.

Theres also going to be tolls however. We'll just split those 7 ways it can't be that much I hope.

Little tidbits.

I'm like 75% sure theres a Tv in the car, however its LCD and most likely lags. Middle seat in the back will have the best view of it.

I want to leave Friday sometime, and make it back Monday sometime. Earlier the better to leave/come back on Friday/Monday is best for me but I'll try my best to accommodate people coming in the van within reason.

This trip is going to be awesome. Also long. Bring stuff to do. It will probably be about 12 hours each way from Philly.

Speaking of Philly it will be my only pit stop on the way. Unless your like really on the way.

Anyones welcome to stay at my place Thursday night in fact is encouraged.

Bottom line

So if you are ok with the price and can make it to my house or Philly before we leave and are interested post here. 2 more drivers like minimum please. HOPEFULLY 3. If its just 2 I'll live. Thats about all i can think of for now.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
o man eggms got a van for this, that helps. its prob automatic, so i could drive it lol

however count me out. that is the weekend b4 my college finals and i might have finals on monday. plus thats extremely far.

JFox

Smash Hero
What about housing? If I don't need to spend money on housing, I might come cuz $50 isn't bad at all.

Who else is coming as of right now?

NoVaLombardia

Smash Journeyman
oh its an auto this time... man if i was expecting this and didn't have to worry about work i'd come.

(BTW if you ever have to use another stick for future trips, i'm a stick driver)

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
if my car breaks down on the way since theres 180k miles on it, u should let me squeeze in the van ^___^

Eggm

Smash Hero
Jfox housing is provided by the venue, except for friday I'll try to find free housing for Friday. Sooooooo. What do we have right now? Eggm, Scar, Vidjo, Jfox, Cheezit, M2k, Cactuar? Wow thats already 7. Its also 5 drivers which is amazing. Cheezit also has a gps and ez pass which is also amazing. I"m fine with that 7, but I GARUNTEE more people are gonna ask, so everyone who asked so far needs to confirm if they are coming soon. :)

JFox

Smash Hero
I'm requesting off work today :)

This is straight up the craziest thing I've done for smash. Eggm, def keep lookin into housing!

R3N0

Smash Lord
I want to go, like hardbody. I'm definitely in if I have a seat!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Alpha Gundam

Smash Champion
Jfox housing is provided by the venue, except for friday I'll try to find free housing for Friday. Sooooooo. What do we have right now? Eggm, Scar, Vidjo, Jfox, Cheezit, M2k, Cactuar? Wow thats already 7. Its also 5 drivers which is amazing. Cheezit also has a gps and ez pass which is also amazing. I"m fine with that 7, but I GARUNTEE more people are gonna ask, so everyone who asked so far needs to confirm if they are coming soon. :)
Those names can i add them to the pre reg?

Eggm

Smash Hero
Sure alpha. Uhh. Cheezit wants to get a hotel. Its 76$ per night for a 2 double bed. Seems reaosnable enough if we split it 7 ways, whats everyone think of this? IMO i'd like to get it for Sunday night, since the venue provides hosuing with showers for Friday/Saturday. Although if everyone else is willing to splurge 10$ I'd go for saturday too for quality sleep. So what are everyone else's thoughts on this? if we don't get a hotel for Sunday night or find housing we will have to drive back right after the tournament. With 5 drivers its most likely possible. Thoughts everyone?

JFox

Smash Hero
I'm opposed to spending any unnecessary money on housing. I def don't wanna buy a hotel room saturday, and I would be fine with driving in shifts through the niht on sunday.

I realize that I'm probably going to be in the minority with this opinion, but that is just how I feel. If money has to be spent, I'll just suck it up I 'spose.

Eggm

Smash Hero
I'm in favor of driving straight through Sunday night too, as long as all the drivers are willing to participate. As for the hotel I could go in whatever the majority wants. So speak people who are coming.

Eggm

Smash Hero
That means a spot is open. Also its unnecessary but since hes no longer bringing his gps/ez pass if anyone has either of these it would be super useful.

JFox

Smash Hero
Eggm, don't close my spot out just yet. I might have found someone to cover my shift, which would mean I'm still comin.

I'll let you know either today or early tomorrow.

Eggm

Smash Hero
Ok, forget about the hotel stuff. Cheezits the only one who really wanted one anyways and hes not going.

HERES THE PLAN:

Leave Friday morning hopefully by like 10 AM.

Leave Sunday night drive straight through to Monday morning.

Get housed at the venue Friday/Saturday night.

Bring about 50$ for gas. EVEN YOU M2K. It might be less, but thats for worse case scenario.

We'll have to split tolls 7 ways too. I have no clue how much that will be. I know its like 15$ each way for tolls to like c3. So i dunno.

If your meeting up with me and not in philly be at my house Friday morning (or you can stay over Thursday just let me know).

Bring sleeping bags/pillows for sleeping at the venue. Also a towel to shower there. Deodorant and tooth brushes are probably a good idea too.

CONFIRM IF YOUR COMING I WANT TO KNOW WHO IS ACTUALLY COMING SO FAR.

RIGHT AS OF NOW IT LOOKS LIKE THE 7 PEOPLE WHO ARE COMING ARE : Eggm, Vidjo, m2k, Cactuar, Scar, Jfox, and reno. I want all 6 of you post to confirming your coming. I'll probably be in philly around 11 if all goes right. Scar is bringing his ez pass, if any of you have a gps or can borrow one for the trip that would be SUPER USEFUL ESPECIALLY IF WE GET LOST or need to find our way around traffic. So if you know any relatives or anything you can borrow a gps from for the weekend do that!!

DJ nintendo really wants to come, he wants to squeeze in as a # 8. Depending on what everyone thinks about it I'll let him tag along even if he has to sit on the floor or something. But it depends on if everyone else is comfortable with that. Its a long trip so I don't want anyone to be really uncomfortable and everything. So when you post and confirm your coming give me your thoughts on that as well. Keep in mind split 8 ways is cheaper. Alright thats it.

Oh also I wanted to do Crew Eggms van everyone whos confirming your spot and posting post your thoughts on that too please. Eggm, M2k, Vidjo, Cactuar, and Scar can be starters and everyone else in the van as alternates.

Scar

#HarveyDent
I'm fine with DJN coming, who else can drive though? Is it just the three of us? That's a ***** of a drive for three people.

I'm posting to confirm, also I'll have my easy pass and I expect that the money I'm being charged will cover a portion of my gas due.

Eggm

Smash Hero
Ok, so thats 2 votes for djn coming. Uh, also yeah obviously scar. I want to split the total cost of tolls + gas 8 ways (maybe 7) and then whatever you contributed to tolls with your ez pass will be subtracted from the amount you owe. Also we will have 5 drivers. Eggm, vidjo, scar, jfox. And then Reno has his permit and said he doesn't mind doing mindless highway driving if were all too tired. So we have like 4, potentially 5 drivers. Thanks for confirming scar. Everyone else get on it!

JFox

Smash Hero
I'm coming, and driving obviously.

As far as tolls go, you should just tell everyone to just bring $3 for tolls. 3x7=$21. It can't be much more than that, and 8 people would be $24 dollars. $3 for tolls is so negligible it shouldn't bother anyone anyway.

This way we're not sitting there countin up every toll we pass through, especially since we probably cant do that when using express EZ pass.

As for DJ, thats your call. I dont know how much room there is in the car, but if you think theres enough that he we would be comfortable, I wouldn't mind. (as long as its not me on the floor)

Oh one last thing...if we leave philly by 11am, we won't be getting to the venue until 2 or 3 am. Thats really late...we should prob leave earlier.

Scar

#HarveyDent
Well I mean the idear is to just drive the whole time and sleep when we get there. So I have no problem getting there at 2 am.

Scar

#HarveyDent
yeah it does, why?

Also Eggm explain why DJN is getting priority over Taki? I love DJN but I love Taki too and if the kid is willing to get here from Pittsburgh, I think he deserves a spot.

R3N0

Smash Lord
djn has to go!! its his time to shine as BEST-BOWSER-IN-THE-WORLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and im so mad you wrote "idear"
gawd...

and im calling it right now.. no matter WHERE I SIT, IT HAS TO BE NEAR A WINDOW THAT WILL OPEN. PERIOD.

I will sufficate / die if i don't have a window seat as i have never driven for 12 hours before..

so.. yeah.. i can't wait to go.. eggms van vs life. i think we'll win... even if im used as an alternate!!! =DDD

ican't wait for this god**** ****

today while i was driving i passed by a georgia diner and saw 3 georgia license plates and went down a street called georgia ave.

coincidentally enough, it was right next to alabama ave.. ~

Eggm

Smash Hero
I asked all of NY when I first found out I was getting the van. They are also like my travel buddies outside of my crew. You know how if you are going somewhere scar that scotm and tuar and pakman and vleocity always get priority over me? Its kinda like that for my crew and alukard/jman/hax/djn/reno cause they are my dudes in NY who keep me company when no one else travels with me. Also m2k only wants taki to come for his controller which is pretty shallow. I also hardly know taki at all. Way less than any of the people I mentioned. I've met taki like once ever lol. If m2k needs his controller that bad he can ask vidjo to get it on his way. Like cactuar said he really should get his OWN. I hope that was a good enough reason for you scar, I know you like taki a lot, but I don't know him that well to give him priority over some one i talk to on the phone/aim a lot and have fun with whom I told he could go after drivers/mycrew. Also I'm trying to find housing outside of the venue with a GA guy so we can actually get some sleep I PMed them all so hopefully some one steps it up and houses us so other than m2k we can sleep and ****. Also I forget who pointed it out I think it was jfox, but if we leave at 11 AM from philly we don't get there to like 2-3 AM. Like I want to get there and sleep immediatley, but a little more sleep than that would be nice maybe we should leave philly at like 9..? Whats everyone think not many people are giving feedback. :(

Cactuar

El Fuego
BRoomer
I would like to be down there at a reasonable time as well so that we can get a decent night's sleep. I will be ready to leave Philadelphia at any time on Friday, so imo, the earlier the better.

R3N0

Smash Lord
Eggm if we leave your house at 8am on friday morning, get to philly at 9 and be off from philly we should be ok and get there .. w/ speeding... by hopefully 11/12.. enough time for like 1 hour's worth of friendlies and then ZzZZZz..zz.z.z.zz

LETS DO IT >_<

btw I DEFINITELY need ATLEAST 6 hours.. of sleep..

btw yey for dj coming
and
btwbtw

Top Bottom