• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Eggplant Judo: The Pit Chaingrab/Stutterstep Thread

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
You forgot to add Bowser in the main OP. I'm sure you can get him to @ least to 50~60 %.

Let's finish this thread up Pits!

MysteriousSilver

Smash Ace
Sorry, I was only listing people I had the time to pre-test

My testing partner is currently swamped with schoolwork and such, so unless I learn to DI with my feet I'm of no use at the moment. I'll update the OP if anyone has any actual data, though.

I've been testing in normal vs. mode with infinite lives and no timer. I have Pit, the test character, and Fox on the stage, and I use Fox's laser to raise percentage by by small increments while my partner tries to escape the chaingrab/combo by various methods. I raise starting percentage by 1% after every attempt. If anyone else has the time/resources, I'd encourage them to gather some data on this.

Katana_koden

Smash Ace
Its very time consuming to gather. My method is starting normal match, infinite time and stock. Chain grab from zero. I test walking, running, dash shield grab. Any mess ups, we both SD to reset diminishing returns.

dskank

Smash Journeyman
this i know for sure

falco- cg works up to 32% with a dash attack, falco can punish us with a dair, at 20% rather than cg u can do a walking fsmash and it will always hit and cant be punished
fox-same as falco but the cg goes to 38%
wolf- cg to 40% + dash attack and nearly always an upsmash lol/ possibly walking fsmash till 30%
shiek- fthrow>ssfs(stutterstep fsmash) we can cg twice from 0% and follow up with a dash attaack
mario- same as sheik, but he can punish our dash with his nair
lucario-smae as metaknite
olimar- we have nothing on this pric
zss-fthrow>ssfs
ganondwarf- cg till 40%ish
toon link-fthrow>ssfs
rob-fthrow>ssfs
pit-cg till 18% >dash attack no punishment

ill have more info later

dskank

Smash Journeyman
I was petty sure mario can just jump before the 2nd grab if fresh.
r u sure?
how sure r u?
r u sure ur sure?
r u really sure?
r u sure ur really sure?
now, let me ask u this, r u felling lucky, punk?

jk im not 100% sure of mario i thought we had the grab on him fresh but ill re-test it

dskank

Smash Journeyman
ok did some testing pit cannot chain throw mario he can jump out and snake can be chain throwd over 26 percent snake can just side step out but if hes only at 24% go for the grab

on snake we can fthrow and walking fsmash intill 12% which is usually the best option and will leave him with about 40% of damage

Top Bottom