• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Eggstinction" (A Yoshi Combo Video) Featuring: V3ctorMan

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
After multiple debates I decided to go through with it and make a Yoshi combo video since many of you seemed to show interest in seeing one.. So here it is.. I hope everyone enjoys it.. ^^ Enjoy.. Comment/critique please.. I love comments ^^

Special thanks to "Rooktionary" for the intruiging video idea.. ^^; Hope you're doing well.

Thanks all of you for all the support/ideas and everything you've all done... and continue to do for me in this community...You are all so awesome and supportive.. :)

Well here it is - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTPfP_a6HBQ

Download Link - http://www.gamefront.com/files/20050882/Eggstinction+Combo+Video.mpg

Enjoy! ^^;

Quic

Smash Journeyman
Holy **** another combo video by Vectorman!
STARRING VECTORMAN.
Watching this immanently.

strawhats

Smash Master
such an appropriate name for a character that is not as highly represented as high/top tiers

I loved the shoutout to Fumi, also you're Yoshi is the BUSINESS.

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
Best combo video I've seen

besides rapex2 but I mean come on you can't blame me

I ****ing love you, Vman, yuo and your Yoshi

it's really inspiring to a low tier who's as **** as you, really makes me wanna work on my Zelda

AXE 09

Smash Master
Even though like half of it was me getting *****, I still loved it to death lol. Please **** me more ^-^

*favorited*

How the heck do you parry so well????

LAW2222

Smash Journeyman
Incredible video vman really nice work
finally your editing was under control(please stop playing multiple clips at the same time:mad:)
but all that aside this is so good, im gonna have to try yoshi now

IzZI127

Smash Cadet
Holy crap, this video is awesome...Never saw a yoshi like urs since Fumi stopped playing, nice parries and ur tech skill IS OVER 9000!!!
Hope u keep posting theese videos cuz ill watch them all...Cya

The Phenom

Smash Lord
Lovely lovely video Vman. We've seen Fumi and all know how good he was with him; I think your a better Yoshi than him.

PS: I missed out on the release since I didn't have internet for some time.
---------
Beautiful video =)

strawhats

Smash Master
Lovely lovely video Vman. We've seen Fumi and all know how good he was with him; I think your a better Yoshi than him.

PS: I missed out on the release since I didn't have internet for some time.
---------
Beautiful video =)
actually I still think Vman has a lil ways to go before we can say that, especially since Leffen has been gving advice to Vman on how to improve his yoshi game, also Mind Trick and Svampen are prob still the best yoshi players right now. But I dont think the U.S. has ever been graced with such a gifted Yoshi. I believe that Vman will surpass all yoshis including Fumi someday soon if he keeps improving at the pace he's at. Good **** Tim.

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
Thanks for all the comments everyone! I'm glad most of you liked it ^^

So many positive comments and feedback, it's freaking awesome. n_n;
It's only the beginning of 2011, but hopefully I can make it to the 2011 Combo Video of the Year Nominations <3

@Strawhats - IMHO, this is just me, but I will probably ALWAYS believe Fumi has the best Yoshi. Even if I do surpass him one day. As for advice taken and such. I'm open to advice to ANY players. Yoshi players to Falco players are giving me advice on Yoshi, and it's been cool/helpful, so Leffen hasn't been the only one helping me. MANY players have been, and I just want to make sure they're also given credit where it's due. I haven't seen any "recent" videos of Leffen, Svampen at all, and I've seen a few of Mind Tricks, so there's not much I can really work with either.

just the way you stated "especially since Leffen has been giving advice to Vman on how to improve his Yoshi game." I don't think you meant anything, but it sorta came out like (Vman was nothing without Leffen's advice) It's just worded funny, I don't mean to offend. :(.. ><; As I've stated before, I'm mad "biased" and the only Yoshi player I truly watched was "Fumi" I'm glad for all the help I've received from Leffen and many other players, but it wasn't to a point where people taught me things I "didn't" already learn from Fumi. It was more or less a wiser timeframe to use it. Moo(YoshiisCool) has given me more help than Leffen has actually, so if anyone i'd thank him. Also Mind Trick has helped too. :) All 3 of them are good people. n_n

But yeah Leffen is mad tight/chill and I know he'll continue to help me... I do admit, I am hoping he gives me some videos soon. I'm mad competetive, and he says he's more technical/flashy then me... and I'm pretty competetive.. so I'd love to see his Yoshi. n_n

Anyway. thanks to everyone, on all of the replies/views. keep the comments coming on anything. I'm open to everything. advice/critique... ^^

If anyone in the area where your at (Strawhats) and you get the chance to idk see Fumi again or something. You should tell him a "thanks" or something nice for me, since i'm sure he'll never see the video or see the shoutout for him. =3

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
Ill start off with, the video is mad tight son. The first song goes hard. You should definitely send that to me lol.

@Strawhats-There are many levels of mastery required to maximize a characters potential.

Vman has taken advice from tons of ppl including myself and whats important to realize is that its not all "yoshi" specific advice. In most cases its player specific. While I think that the other yoshi players probably can give more specific advice that comes from experience and the wisdom they have acquired over their time as Yoshi players, you still have to look at the comparisons being made.

Fumi was the Pioneer of yoshi, the one who figured most if not all of Yoshis AT out. That was years ago. The calibur of players is sooo much higher now. The average smasher now could beat many of the best players from back then. You also have to remember that Yoshi is a little bit better as a character in PAL vs ntsc. I just dont think the comparisons being made are completely fair and I just wanted to say that.

Being honest I dont think Fumi can really be called the best yoshi anymore, the most accomplished probably, but as far as ability to play the character at the top of the meta game I think Fumi's time has passed simply because the meta game has changed...alot

Im not making a claim as to who the best yoshi player is, but I will say that Vman is not only playing but performing against top level players using a version of the game where yoshi isnt as good.

bigman40

Smash Master
I think a better accusation would be that Fumi was the founder of Yoshi to evolve into today.

While on topic, this video might make me play Melee Yoshi again. I throughly enjoyed watching it. Great job Vectoman.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
vectorman, amazing video as always. I came when i saw the fair -> second jump fair tech chase -> uair. hahaha. Haven't seen that since Fumi's combo video.

Lovin' those parries o.o

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Vman's the best Yoshi.

The thing Vman has over other Yoshi mains, is his experience, and skill from playing a better character.

I've noticed that several of the best low-tier mains have roots in better character. I feel as though transfering from an amazing character to one that sucks **** really makes the lower tier's abilities (or lack thereof) stand out moreso if you just started with a low tier.

Taj: Marth
Axe: Fox, Falco
Vman: Falco

*Edit*

Also I just realized Tim made a big post without a single ellipsis.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
LOL. I thought They all started with low tiers and picked up a high tier because they realized their character had more exploitable weaknesses and lacked options compared to high tiers.

I also am completely baffled as to how you came to that conclusion. Not because im saying ur wrong but because you didnt support your argument at all. Im actually just curious so if you would, plz elab
I've noticed that several of the best low-tier mains have roots in better character. I feel as though transfering from an amazing character to one that sucks **** really makes the lower tier's abilities (or lack thereof) stand out moreso if you just started with a low tier.

Violence

Smash Lord
I believe Axe mentioned that he picked up Falco purely for fun. His playstyle definitely supports that.

Anyways, this vid was soooooo raaaaape... I need a new pair of pants.

Just wondering, how many frames is the window to powershield an attack, and how many frames do you have to jump out of it? (though I guess you option select by inputting jump nair when an attack hits your shield to go for it anyways)

JPOBS

Smash Hero
i literally don't even understand half of what is going on in this vid and it was still really good.

strawhats

Smash Master
Oh I didn't mean anything by that vman, you're the best yoshi in the U.S. for sure. Also my obssesion with Fumi's yoshi will prob blind my better judgement because I think he's still the best yoshi, but I know that's prob not the case. I'm rooting for you though and hope you can make yoshi amazing like taj did for m2.

I also wanna see svampen and mind trick play ntsc version here in the U.S.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Vman's the best Yoshi.

The thing Vman has over other Yoshi mains, is his location, and skill from being in Arizona.

I've noticed that several of the best low-tier mains have roots in Arizona. I feel as though living in Arizona and playing a character that sucks **** really makes the lower tier's abilities (or lack thereof) stand out moreso if you just started in some other state.

Taj: Arizona
Axe: Arizona
Vman: Arizona

*Edit*

strawhats

Smash Master
looking at it in retrospect, I think vman does have an advantage over other yoshi's, like most people say location plays a major role. I hope Vman goes to Pound V so I can play his yoshi and get *****. :)

also so I can see **** matches like

Vman vs. Mango/HDL/Armada/PP/M2K/Amsah/Hbox

AXE 09

Smash Master
Vman's the best Yoshi.

The thing Vman has over other Yoshi mains, is his experience, and skill from playing a better character.

Taj: Marth
Axe: Fox, Falco
Vman: Falco

*Edit*

I'm a little confused on what you're saying, but just to make things clear, I started with Pikachu, and picked up other characters later... lol. Pikachu has always been my best character.

I believe Taj started with Sheik? Then went to M2, then added Marth? I might be wrong. I don't really know lol. It's also hard to say who his best character is right now. I personally think that M2 is his best character, but I know many others will say Marth. Either way, they're both really really close I think.

Vman's best character right now is probably Falco, but I think it won't be long until his Yoshi is better. Vman has a ton of good characters (Samus, M2, YL, Fox, etc.) who aren't too far from his Falco. He can really main any character he wants to and make that character his best, even if it's a "negligible" character like Yoshi. I think Vman has a great gift that not many other smashers have.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
timmys fox is pretty bad lol. i'd be willing to say that its arguably one of his worst characters.

even if you did start with pika and move to other characters, the experience you gained with the higher tiers is what imo makes a big difference in making a low tier main better.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
Most low tier mains dont only play a low tier. Most, like the super majority even go so far as to play their high tier most of the time in tourney. So in that sense there really isnt anything unique about the fact that they play high tiers.

AXE 09

Smash Master
timmys fox is pretty bad lol. i'd be willing to say that its arguably one of his worst characters.

even if you did start with pika and move to other characters, the experience you gained with the higher tiers is what imo makes a big difference in making a low tier main better.
I would say that the experience I gain with ANY character helps make my Pikachu better, not just high tiers.

Stratford

Smash Champion
Vman's the best Yoshi.

The thing Vman has over other Yoshi mains, is his location, and skill from being in Arizona.

I've noticed that several of the best low-tier mains have roots in Arizona. I feel as though living in Arizona and playing a character that sucks **** really makes the lower tier's abilities (or lack thereof) stand out moreso if you just started in some other state.

Taj: Arizona
Axe: Arizona
Vman: Arizona

*Edit*

Hahahahahahaha I died.

That Yoshi is amazing though. And great editing/synching.

Top Bottom