• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

EGL Washington, DC - Jan 19-21st

Tristan_win

Not dead.
Razgriz bring your own TV and gamecube since we might not have a 5th person joining us we will have some free room in the car....Also gather up all your controllers.

g-regulate

Smash Hero
if we come for the free play on friday night, do we have to pay signups there, or wait until saturday morning?

also, what time does free play start?

Frozen

Smash Lord
I'll be bringing a cube/TV...and while I don't want to repeat everything already said in this thread...come on man...4 set ups? =X

Show this thread to the person you have to deal with EGLMike...let him see what some of us are saying about this = /

KM-013

Smash Lord
It was Coney Island, they called Coney Island the playground of the world.

There was no place like it, in the whole world, like Coney Island when I was a youngster.

No place in the world like it, and it was so fabulous. Now it's shrunk down to almost nothing...you see.

And, uh, I still remember in my mind how things used to be, and...uh, you know, I feel very bad.

But people from all over the world came here...from all over the world...it was the playground they called it the playground of the world...over here.

Anyways, you see, I...uh...you know...I even got, when I was very small, I even got lost at Coney Island, but they found me...on the...on the beach.

And we used to sleep on the beach here, sleep overnight..they don't do that anymore. Things changed...you see.

They don't sleep anymore on the beach.

g-regulate

Smash Hero
i passed through that corridor
where they sat
where they are
and when you penetrate to the most high god
you will believe you are mad
you will believe you've gone insane
but i tell you if you follow the secret window
and you die to the ego nature
you will penetrate this darkness
oh yes there's many a man or woman
that's been put in the insane asylum
when this has happened to them
and they're sitting there today, people think they're insane
but they saw something that's real
and they see it when they're on drugs
the only thing is they see it
not through the light of god, and the way i show you
i show you to see it through the light of god
and the understanding of god
because when you see the face of god you will die
and there will be nothing left of you
except the god-man, the god-woman
the heavenly man, the heavenly woman
the heavenly child
there will be terror under this day of night
there will be a song of jubilee waiting for your king
there will be nothing you will be looking for in this world
except for your god
this is all a dream
a dream in death

The Cape

Smash Master
So I have a free ride and housing to this if I want.

At the same time I can stay here and hang with my girlfriend and do my homework.

Four setups, hardly any free play, or a cute girl and working on my future.

*weighs options*

EGL Mike

Smash Rookie
I am currently talking to the head guy at EGL. If anyone knows from speaking with him in the past, he is hard headed. I know how long the tournament will take to run with 4 set ups, and believe you me, I don't want to be there for 12 hrs running brackets , just like any of you want to be there waiting for your matches to be played.

I will show him this thread, but I have a feeling with all these posts and concern will change his mind.

I can't wait to meet all of you. I met some of you already at my past events.

Mike

EGL Mike

Smash Rookie
Regarding Questions:

• I am waiting on an update for the number of Online Registrants
  • If you want a refund on your registration, pleaes email admin@theegleague.com - If you do not get a response in 2 business days, post up again, and I will help you out.
  • If you purchase a pass or entry into Smash, you can watch Halo or anything you want.
  • You do not have to pay for your entry fee on Saturday, you can just buy the 'spectator pass' but why wait, just do everything in advance. It helps me set up **** faster :-)

• G-Regulate - Can you help me out with Seeding and such. I have a real good idea, but I want to make sure **** is perfect. I asked you to help me out in my past event :-)

Again, any questions I missed, please re-post. The smash community is so large, you guys post so much, I love it!

Mike.

EGL Mike

Smash Rookie
EGL said smash players can bring a GC/Smash/TV.

If we use it , EGL will compensate you.

I am hashing out details as we speak.

Mike.

Aero

Smash Journeyman
I LOVE YOU EGL MIKE.

btw, I'm just speaking for myself when I say this, but I don't need any compensation for my stuff. That's just silly.

Vist

Smash Champion
good stuff EGL Mike :cool: ill update the first page...

i still have $0 to my name so im not certain that i will make it but hopefully things change =/

Redd

thataintfalco.com
BRoomer
VIST! Please come.

MASA: Can you take me to this sheezy???? I'll like, train you or something.

I'll bring TV/Cube, Mike. Thanks for your work. =)

MASAHIROx

Smash Lord
wait...if we bring setups , we get in fo free?!? im there. if thats true. if not ...its friday night, hookah + girls = me not coming...not sure about randomly showing up on sat for a little bit tho...redd im not sure yet, got to check my work scedual...(cant spell that ****ing word)

DOES ANYBODY WANNA SMASH TIOMORROW DURING THE DAY? I GET OFF SCHOOL AT 10 am...exams which im crushin...

Wife

Smash Lord
We can bring our own set-ups? Fantastic. I'm guessing you'll see numbers between 40 and 60 now. And as a sign of good faith, maybe all of us smashers could even try to pre-register for once in our lives so they could get 4 tvs to start with.

And of course Team Ben will bring at least 1 tv/cube.

**** yeah I'm so excited to compete. How is parking?

Everyone pre-register!!

Doll

Smash Journeyman
:3 Everyone coming to this can finger puppet mm me. :D If I win, I'll get 2$ from you. o.o If I lose :< you'll get an adorable puppet.

^^ If you're someone with an ungodly good chance of beating me, like ..Km, Azen, Chillin, Aho, Kirbstir, Greg, Kaiser, Wife, Husband, Chu, Meep, Fonz, Tope, Plank, Aero, Ck~ @_@;; list goes on....

I might request that you fight me while wearing an actual puppet on your good hand's thumb D:. Oh it's fair! It's only hindered a little of you ability to play.

K.C. Cloud

Smash Ace
Not to say that I have an ungodly good chance of beating you doll because I have never played you, but on my good hands thumb?

It would suck cause i'm right handed and that's the thumb I juse to press all the buttons to make that awsome cackling noise that people here on the controller.

That would suck. :( Think about how the others will feel?

Redd

thataintfalco.com
BRoomer
wait...if we bring setups , we get in fo free?!? im there. if thats true. if not ...its friday night, hookah + girls = me not coming...not sure about randomly showing up on sat for a little bit tho...redd im not sure yet, got to check my work scedual...(cant spell that ****ing word)

DOES ANYBODY WANNA SMASH TIOMORROW DURING THE DAY? I GET OFF SCHOOL AT 10 am...exams which im crushin...
If by tomorrow you mean today then maybe. Tomorrow I think TAK is coming over so that would work.

K.C. Wants training.... purty pleez?
kk.

:3 Everyone coming to this can finger puppet mm me. :D If I win, I'll get 2$ from you. o.o If I lose :< you'll get an adorable puppet.

^^ If you're someone with an ungodly good chance of beating me, like ..Km, Azen, Chillin, Aho, Kirbstir, Greg, Kaiser, Wife, Husband, Chu, Meep, Fonz, Tope, Plank, Aero, Ck~ @_@;; list goes on....

I might request that you fight me while wearing an actual puppet on your good hand's thumb D:. Oh it's fair! It's only hindered a little of you ability to play.
You're on, but I'm not on the list, so it's free monies Roy!!!

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
the only compensation we need is the tournament running faster.

good stuff, ill be there

Doll

Smash Journeyman
Redd, anyone can be on that list ;D. And it's not free $ redd, it's free puppet ;D

Jon you wanna try out my puppet mm match? My mario vs. your whatever, but you must wear a puppet on one of your thumb... >>;

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
Redd, anyone can be on that list ;D. And it's not free $ redd, it's free puppet ;D

Jon you wanna try out my puppet mm match? My mario vs. your whatever, but you must wear a puppet on one of your thumb... >>;
how big is said puppet?

EGL Mike

Smash Rookie
Im not sure about exact play times, Im waiting on the main boss to get back with me on a few questions I have asked him a few days ago.

Right now I'm waiting on.

Exact stop and start times for casual play
Exact number of online registrants for singles/doubles
Exact compensation for players bringing equipment

Either way, I am in DC right now. I'm talking with some DA heads that I know about coming thru. We will see !

Also Vist - check PMs.

Mike.

Razgriz

Smash Journeyman
This is great news! I'm bringing my setup. I've got a 20" or so TV, smash and four good controllers. Compensation is great, but it'll just be great not to have to wait in line so long. Two of my friends are bringing TVs too. Can't wait to beat you guys in smash! Be ready for APEX!

ChaosKnight

Smash Master
so i got saturday dentention and its from 8 am to 12 pm i think and most likely there isnt a way can get there and register after i suppose............. but i can still buy a spectators pass to watch or sumtin?

just random questions.

Wife

Smash Lord
the only compensation we need is the tournament running faster.
How's this for a deal? If your organization sets up 8 tvs/cubes for us, then we won't ask for any compensation for the TVs/Cubes we bring.

MD/VA is good at delivering people, and we're also good at bringing setups. All we really want is a quickly running tourny. Would that be a fair deal?

Cannot wait for this. A couple of questions:

Is all the info on the first post still accurate or is some outdated? Like, for example, are pools still going to be randomly chosen, top two advance? And exactly how is doubles working, "only in pools?"
Thanks!

Top Bottom