• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Elo Ratings in Competitive Melee

Kal

Smash Champion
Elo does represent skill, which is especially true since it defines skill as a measure of your probability of winning. There's nothing wrong with this. In the long run, a player who chooses to limit himself by character choice should expect it to be reflected in his Elo the same way a player who refuses to wavedash should.

Kal

Smash Champion
Blame Fly_Amanita. That ****er keeps beating me to all of these math posts, both here and on GameFAQs. So now I have to be on top of things or people will forget how important I am.

Kal

Smash Champion
I too am a math major. I just need Hylian-esque mod powers so I can edit Fly's math-related posts.

Though, in all seriousness, Fly is way ahead of me in terms of math skill. dat graduate skool

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
I too am a math major. I just need Hylian-esque mod powers so I can edit Fly's math-related posts.

Though, in all seriousness, Fly is way ahead of me in terms of math skill. dat graduate skool
Graduate level math courses are incredibly interesting. I took one for my masters and probably one of the most interesting classes I took.

Ok, we should social this hahahaha

Aesir - Haha yea I can see how that would happen its cool.

Battlecow

Play to Win
Did mine eyes deceive me, or did I see a thread from Ace entitled "Leffen looks like a 12-year-old Asian girl" for a shining second before it vanished? That must have been a good thread.

Massive

Smash Champion
Did mine eyes deceive me, or did I see a thread from Ace entitled "Leffen looks like a 12-year-old Asian girl" for a shining second before it vanished? That must have been a good thread.
I'm pretty sure it was about math.

Partial differential Leffens and their applications in fractal geometry.

Battlecow

Play to Win
Leffen's parents must have been so glad of an excuse to get him out of the country for a few days. I bet they can't wait for Apex 2013.

SOLAR

Smash Ace
Yeah, there really should be elo ratings in melee. Doubles should work its way into ratings too somehow. Bad players know they're bad, it's not like the number will change anything. This needs to happen. Is there any data online yet for people's elos?

Top Bottom