• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Emil Castagnier/Ratatosk V3.0.0-0 Back in Progress (Again) (NEWS!)

Judas

Smash Apprentice
In fact the true problem we have now is that the model of Emil we have is, and I know this word is a little harsh, corrupted.

I mean, this model doesn't allow to be placed over an other character than Falco, and besides, it doesn't allow to hold items in his left hand, his free hand.

It is absolutely not normal, and besides it is really strange if we take into consideration that the Decus model I have works perfectly. He works over Ike, over Falco, over Kirby, and the most important thing, he can hold items in his left hand, no wonder on who he is placed.

So, the main problem here in fact seems to be the model we have, I gave Anlgc a new model of Emil that I hope he will be able to fix its bone tree. This model has the long sword with it, it comes directly with it. And, interesting fact, it looks like a little like Decus model and Lloyd model, there are some additional things that we have to disable just like Decus and Lloyd.

I hope this new model will allow us to fix this stupid item glitch completely, and by this I mean to hold items with his left hand and being able to throw opponents because it freezed originally and couldn't be fixed.

But as we should start on a new model, obviously, it would be better if we can to put Emil on Ike. I will fix the glitches on Ike if it is needed, no problem. But it would be a good thing for the file size limit as swordman have good file size limit. And we can put him on an other character too. But be careful about this, because Barbatos will only make one set of voices for the character he will have chosen, which I can already say you, will never be Ike, Falco, Fox or Wolf as he wants to keep these characters.

Judas

Smash Apprentice
Barbatos has already submitted a request to someone to make Barbatos a brawl character, on Ganondorf. Not like a random character only of course. But his moveset needs to be modified a little.... And of course, voices will be done, in japanese of course, or it wouldn't be Barbatos anymore.

But the main problem of Barbatos now, is his hair, he has long air, and has a cape, we can't attach his cape to act as hair as he has a cape and if we vertex his hair, it will enter in his body, so I thought of trying to take a Tos2 long hair and put it on Ganondorf, but I can't put it as an article as his sword is already taken by his axe.... And I don't really think I can merge a Tos2 character with Ganondorf's model...

And there is also Philia Philis on Peach, but she is in working, officially but will take some time as the one who does it is in multiple works, her sword was a great problem because it wasn't possible before a long time to point it where we wanted; she has a moveset that doesn't need to be really touched. Unfortunately, a vertex of her is a little difficult for the hair and the glasses, this is why Barbatos asked the help of someone, and is waiting for him to take care of it.

And about Emil, I possess all voices I needed for Emil, in Ratatosk form of course. Some voices were missing, like for example the voice when he does a basic attack with his sword.

frostymm

Smash Journeyman
Another good thing about putting him over Ike instead of Falco is that you'll have a sword trail to work with which you normally couldn't get over Falco. I know this because we can't get a real sword trail working over Klonoa because of the fact that Lucas' Effect.pac isn't compatible.

JetAurion

Smash Journeyman
Barbatos over Ganondorf is already made by AngelGlory.
It just needs a tune-up, like a full scale Genocide Braver and an axe.

And like I said before, only Emil's model seems to have problems. If you have ToS:DotNW, go ahead and try to swap someone's model over Emil; they'll T-stance (though in the Japanese version, Emil's model seemed to be just like the models of other characters).

Judas

Smash Apprentice

I thought Barbatos had blue hair, I don't see it in the link you posted.

I thought he had an axe, I don't see it either.

I thought he had some green in his costume (the boots more precisely), I don't see any green.

I can continue like this during a lot of time. Anyway, this ABSOLUTELY doesn't deserve to be called Barbatos, it is Barbadorf which is COMPLETELY different and the moveset itself doesn't fit Barbatos at all, I played with it and I didn't felt only one second I was playing as Barbatos, the animations are absolutely not close, which is justified by the fact he doesn't have an axe, but it is not enough to explain why it isn't enough close. I'm talking about a true Barbatos, with an axe, a moveset that fits him and uses his axe, and his true costume. Barbatos made an axe, he did what he would of course so it is not as good as an experienced vertexer would have done, anyway all is left is to do a vertex of Barbatos, but as I said the most problematic is the hair, I don't think I can import the hair of someone like Richter for example and put it on Ganondorf, which would avoid his hair to enter in his body...

This problem of Emil doesn't mean it will bring problems on Brawl all the time, the only way to verify is to try the models.

JetAurion

Smash Journeyman
As far as I know, AG made this a LONG time ago.

Before all this BrawlBoxModshenanigans and vertex hacking.

And of course we all want a Barbatos.
I always imagined the scenario:

*Olimar grabs Smash Ball*
*Barbatos dashes up to Olimar and steals the Smash Ball*
"No... ITEMS... EVVVEEERRR!!!"

On another note, just throw in Richter and vertex him into Barbatos.

EDIT: As a reminder, due to the fact that there's a user named Barbatos, I will begin calling the actual character, "Wakamotos".

Judas

Smash Apprentice
Hum, vertex Barbatos on Richter firstly would be a huge pain because as Richter has a lot of bones, and besides, the animations would be a mess to do, I recall you that Barbatos would have to be made from scratch for his animations, and because if Barbatos is made using an import character, the main problem is that the animations will take a lot a lot of time, and I honestly don't know who would be ready to work on something like this, Barbatos on a normal Brawl character would be much easier...

It's too bad that it is impossible to import him from the game he appears like Tales of Vesperia, and his animations too, it would have made the things much easier, or import him from Tales of the world radiant mythology 3.

And for Aitemu Nazo Tsukatten Ja Nee, I don't know how we would make Barbatos do it automatically if someone grabs the item...

Judas

Smash Apprentice
If you know a way to have a Dae file of Barbatos it would mean great progress, but as I have great doubts on this... Anyway, it would be a good thing because characters imported won't have the default of Brawl with their hair, they should have bones in their hair, so we can probably avoid their hair to enter the body, like characters of Tos2 in fact. Fortunately, Emil doesn't need this because his hair is not enough long to enter in his body.

Ryuu Seika: It is possible to do this on Brawl? Psa'er knows how to do it a move that automatically activates when item is pickep up? (I say this because I don't realy understand fully what you said)

Royal_Blade

Smash Apprentice
I'd say that World Destroyer would be a better FS. And ToVS could help with Barby animations.

Back onto Emil:
Why not vertexing an actual Brawl character for Emil? Like with Barby, it would be easier would it not? I know a model would look better. But we could always improve the textures later on.

Judas

Smash Apprentice
On Barbatos:

There is a better move than World destroyer as a true final smash, and Barbatos bases himself of the true Barbatos that exists, so in Tales of Destiny 2, Tales of Destiny Dc, and a little with Tales of vesperia even if this one doesn't truly bring some changes, but it is best in order to see the animations of some moves.

And besides, who told you something about the final smash? There is absolutely no suggestion about any final smash here for him, even if Barbatos has his opinion about the question. And I can already say you that knowing Barbatos, it will be what he decided that will be used, if he doesn't agree with a suggestion, it will never be put, because, after all, it is him who made the request, so he has all the rights.

On Emil: Vertexing a brawl character for Emil? You don't believe at all with this project it seems in order to make suggestions like this...

The case is much more different than Barbatos, Barbatos can't be imported in Ssbb for now, I have two models of him, one from Tales of Vesperia, but before I obviously need to find it because it is hidden, and after that it has to be injected in Brawl, and after that, the animations tied to Barbatos have to be found which will be easier, but also to be injected in Brawl... I also have a model of Tales of the world radiant mythology 3 but again it is not usable, and besides, I prefer not using this model if possible... It has absolutely nothing to do with the true Barbatos. This is for all these reasons that we have no choice, so vertexing a Brawl character to look like him.

For Emil, we have the model, and he can be put on a character, even if for now, it isn't really perfect as there are still some glitches... We're working on an import over Emil and Anlgc and I are complely putting ourself as four pieces in order to make him work in Brawl. We do this because we know it is possible, and because we will play as the true Emil, a true Emil with his true clothes, which a vertex will never be able to do!

A vertex of a Brawl character will never be able to make the impression of playing as Emil. This is probably why Anlgc decided to make this import, and this is also why I support him. Thank you for believing in ourself, it is really nice of you, and let me say you that with an attitude like this, we will according much more importance with speed than quality, which is a very bad thing, at least, with an import, we can use the true model, and the true animations, which a vertex wouldn't be able to do!

ryuu seika

Smash Master
Ryuu Seika: It is possible to do this on Brawl? Psa'er knows how to do it a move that automatically activates when item is pickep up? (I say this because I don't realy understand fully what you said)
I honestly don't know what is and isn't possible but teleporting from anywhere to a set point like that is normally an ability reserved for the AI (in any game). What I would suggest is that Aitemu Nazo become a normal special move for him which the AI would teleport and use the instant an item grabbing animation was triggered.

Would Barbatos be able to use items himself though?
My suggestion on the matter would be that he be unable to pick them up but still able to trigger things like the metal cap and smash balls. This way it might even be possible to have him Aitemu Nazo a smash ball and get the ability off it.

Super-Sonic

Smash Cadet
I know I'm late... No, I'm later than that, but I've come with something for those who likes to have Centurions moves and for those who don't. Just make the freaking attack to be centurion's if pressed and normal if don't, It isn't that difficult to do so... Also, make Emil to do Dual Death, man, just... Huh. I can't get the people, really. It in't that difficult either to make a sword glow over a bone and make it move forward imitating Dual Death's proyectile, permiting Emil to have an extra article slot for... just extra things. Final Smash... Just make him blast all away, after all, he's Ratatosk, so he's able to do so and it's what people want's. And for Dthrow, make him commit suicide along his grabbed enemy, so they die at the same time causing people to die as well from laugh. Just, huh, it's not that difficult to do that...

Okay, now, anyone who cannot beat all the stupid energy that is on the mesage above, better shut up and don't blame this god's work. They're doing their best's for no money, throwing away thousands of things to do just to make this thing wich only a few of all the people on this world will know, so, please, if you're gonna say something about this project, any type of ideas, make it so that's better than the one I wrote above or just keep it within you and laugh about the stupid you are.

-For all those trolls who wanna troll this threat up or people that just apport stupid things like redoing all the work just to make a vertex (that one killed me LoL).

Originally Posted by ryuu seika
My suggestion on the matter would be that he be unable to pick them up but still able to trigger things like the metal cap and smash balls. This way it might even be possible to have him Aitemu Nazo a smash ball and get the ability off it.
Actually, that's pretty simple, you know, just make Barbatos' PSA so that on all "Pickup Item" don't picks them up. I think PSA has an action for that, so make it None or delete it. Also, for dodge-get or thing like that, maybe making him to let go the item once he get's to ground or the animation of the attack ends, maybe it fits what you want, because metal cap uses another type of things, and Smashball does not use any animation to get it, so... Just make him able to get all and make what i said on PSA, that would be enough, i think...

Originally Posted by Judas
This one is easier, just go to all the "Pickup item" animation or on the "WaitItem" animation and put there whatever you like, so it activates only when he has an item, just don't forget to make him release or consume the item after or the thing you put will be repeating forever and ever (you'll saty in mah hart)... ¡Ehem! Sorry about that.

Oh, I almost forgot, good work you're doing with Emil, really a well done work, like I told you, I'm here for whatever you want.

ryuu seika

Smash Master
No, the idea is to have the attack trigger off of other characters getting items. Barbatos in his original incarnation was apparently a complete psychopath who took it upon himself to outright murder anyone who blocked, used items, cast spells, back stepped or attempted to farm experience. The idea was to stick to that.

Judas

Smash Apprentice
And the principal idea about Barbatos now is to stop talking about him, again we're on an Emil topic, if you want to talk about other characters, make an other topic!

Judas

Smash Apprentice
I will answer you by this question: Have you in your life learnt how to read? Because if it is the case, maybe it is time to prove it it is two times that you make me something like this, it is really disrespectful towards me!

Royal_Blade

Smash Apprentice
I will answer you by this question: Have you in your life learnt how to read? Because if it is the case, maybe it is time to prove it it is two times that you make me something like this, it is really disrespectful towards me!
Sorry, I didn't mean to be disrespectful in any way.
I was asking how this is all coming along. What's working, what's not, etc.

Also, this place hasn't been visited for quite some time. So there's no problem checking to see if there is anything new is there?

Judas

Smash Apprentice
There's nothing wrong to ask if there is something new, I fully agree, excepted in the case if your question has already been answered before, which is completely the case here!

MagmarFire

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MagmarFire
3DS FC
3737-9549-8452
Final Smash... Just make him blast all away, after all, he's Ratatosk, so he's able to do so and it's what people want's.
So...Ain Soph Aur? :D

Eh, if I get more time (big if), I'll see if I can add more to it after the beta's released.

ANLGC

Smash Apprentice
Alright sorry for the long wait. I was busy for the past 2-3 months. We will release it soon. Some people thought i quit from this project but no. Just letting you guys know! :D

Judas

Smash Apprentice
I'm still here to follow you and help you with what I can. Don't hesitate to send me the Emil model after you removed all the extra properties of the bones, because as I said you, Brawl doesn't like this at all. Oh, and don't hesitate to update me on you know what.

ANLGC

Smash Apprentice
Sure we can have you do the custom animations. Just one problem. Its the item glitch you know someone in the lloyd project knows how to fix it or tell us how. That will be appreciated if you know. And how the lloyd project going?

Judas: Ok then But I took a break so I'll probably finish it this week. And i think i know how to fix it and found it! :D

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
If you mean freezing when picking up an item, Lloyd never seemed to have that issue. If you mean what direction the item is facing in the hand, Eternal Yoshi was responsible for fixing that.

Judas

Smash Apprentice
GameDominator: The item can't be holded by Emil with his hand that doesn't hold the sword, it makes the game freezing, no matter what bone of this hand you choose. And even if you're able to hold an item (like if the item is where the sword is) you can't throw it, it makes the game freeze. But some bones still have extra properties on the Emil model, which is not the case of Lloyd, so I suspect this to be the problem...

Anlgc: No problem take your time.

ANLGC

Smash Apprentice
So we are we going to fix the problem of the item glitch? I was going though the bone properties and I zeroed them out. Only the Lhand bone has been zeroed out.

Judas

Smash Apprentice
Anlgc: Give me the model where you changed the bone properties the next time you're connected, but if the LHaveN bone has extra properties too, be sure to remove them too....

I will try and see if it is fixed or not. But if it is fixed, it doesn't mean you don't have to remove all the extra properties of all the other bones. RandomTBush said Brawl doesn't like extra properties, and his Lloyd doesn't have bone with extra properties, not a single one...

Pk Love: Learn to read, this is an advice...

Richter Abend

Smash Apprentice
I still question whether Emil should go over Falco....I mean, when it comes to the Final Smash, it just doesn't make sense. I know Lloyd is over Wolf, but.....changing the FS for Wolf seems difficult, as well.

If Emil were to go over Ike, that would make much more sense. Both Great Aether and Devil's Hellfire are similar in appearance. Prolonging the final hit of Great Aether and adding more successive hitboxes to it should be more than adequate, rather than modifying Falco's FS into Devil's Hellfire.

Judas

Smash Apprentice
Richter: I fully agree with you, Falco is a bad choice, for the reasons you say, but not only for that, it has to be also known that you can't put glows to a sword if your host character is not a swordsman...

ANLGC

Smash Apprentice
Hey you guys! Now I'm back in the project and school is out! SO We can return back to the project!

Fire-Soul

Smash Cadet
what up everyone. i was out for too long because school. and doing a psa for snake xd. but i can help with some animations :D

Top Bottom