• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Emil Castagnier/Ratatosk V3.0.0-0 Back in Progress (Again) (NEWS!)

Judas

Smash Apprentice
I fully agree with the second part of Royal Blade's message.

You imagine? Emil will take items and by complete magic the sword will be in his sheath, and just after he used the item, the sword will leave the sheath by magic? It's really not acceptable... In the case of items needed to be taken by two hands, we can't do anything of course, but for items such as capsules...

ANLGC

Smash Apprentice
We then will just try to fix it somehow. And I still haven't got a message from RandomTBrush.

xxmasal22xx

Smash Cadet
Hey, Anlgc. When i tested Emil's latest files in game, i noticed something. Emil's Wait1 is very choppy, and doesn't flow at all. I just thoughtid let you know.

Also, is there a planned moveset for Emil? If there is, please let me know so i can start on porting animations.

ANLGC

Smash Apprentice
I already Know that and I'll try to get the animations in order for ya. I just need to find it. I'll ask Barbatos from Kc-mm.com.

xxmasal22xx

Smash Cadet
I already Know that and I'll try to get the animations in order for ya. I just need to find it. I'll ask Barbatos from Kc-mm.com.
OK. He sent it to me. It sounds pretty awesome. One thing though. Some of the moves we dont have animations for. Are they anywhere in the game, or will the animator(s) be making them?

ANLGC

Smash Apprentice
The one that are made? If you are saying that then yes there are in the game. But most of them we have to make it our-selfs that are not in the game.

xxmasal22xx

Smash Cadet
The one that are made? If you are saying that then yes there are in the game. But most of them we have to make it our-selfs that are not in the game.
Well for example, Raining Fang. Nobody has found the animation for it in the game's files, have they? Cuz if you would like, i am not sure when, but sometime this week i can search through any files for Emil that i can find in the game, and find any animations that we still need. If Emil can use those moves in the game, then they must be there somewhere. It's just a matter of finding out where exactly they are.

xxmasal22xx

Smash Cadet
Also, for the moveset, have we decided to do Blade Fury or Fiend Fusion for neutral b?(sorry for 2x post)

Judas

Smash Apprentice
Barbatos alias Psycho Philia modified the moveset a little, there were some little things that we were not satisfied about, the back aerial in particular, and the non presence hypothetical of Fiend Fusion. It has been modified in this moveset as well as some other descriptions, but it's not really finished.

Emil Castagnier moveset:

Emil is a fast character with good jumping, and can come back easily on the battlefield. Of course, he is a little easy to eject because his weight is not so high.

Emil normal mode:

B: Blade Fury. Base artes. 4 hit max for Blade Fury, can't eject. Usable only in ground.

Forward B: Havoc Strike. Base arte. Can be used to come back on the battlefield, one hit max, can't eject. The distance he will travel if used in ground is equivalent to an angle of 45 degree from the place he is after the jump. In air, he doesn't do any jump and does the kick move directly. If it is your first B move in air, it can be interrupted, by if it is your second move in air, Emil will still travel the distance of 45 degree, until he meets something. (so the floor or an hole that means death.)

Up B: Ravaging Tiger. Base arte. Can be used to come back on the battlefield. Three hit max, eject the ennemy down (completely vertically down), but not a good killing move.

Down B: Phoenix Rush. Base arte. Can be used to come back on the battlefield. Two hit max. Can't eject.

There are base artes. Forward B, Up B, and Down B, can be connected each other. It means you can do Ravaging Tiger then Phoenix Rush, or Phoenix Rush and Havoc Strike. But you can only do two B moves, you can't for example do Havoc Strike, Phoenix Rush, and Ravaging Tiger in a row.

A movement: Three slashes. (basic attack.The three slashes can be used by pressing A three time, or by keep pressing A.) Can't eject.

Forward tilt: Demon Fang (base arte, projectile. It does a shockwave on the ground that does one hit, and it does a projectile that moves that does one hit as well, but the sword doesn't inflict any damage of course. So, 2 hits max.) Can't eject.

Down tilt: Savage reaper (Base arte. 3 hit max.) Doesn't eject.

Up tilt: Raining Fang (Base arte, jumping movement similar to hell pyre. 5 hit max) Can't eject.

Smash Forward: Sword Rain Alpha (Arcane arte 12 hit max.) Knockback for the last hit sends the ennemy in air, best killing move on ground if the last hits works.(the upward hit.)

Smash down: Roaring Tiger (arcane arte, 8 hit max). Doesn't eject but with the architecture of the movement, can hit opponents that are in front of Emil at the beginning of the movement, and opponents who were behind Emil when he uses his raining fang attack at the end of this movement.

Smash up: Light Spear Cannon (Arcane arte 5 hit max) Medium knockback for the last hit, eject the opponent at 45 degree up.

Dash attack: Converging Fury (only the final movement where Emil goes behind the ennemy by slashing him. One hit.) Doesn't eject.

Aerials:

Neutral: 3 slashes in the air. (Basic attack) Can't eject.

Forward A: Demon fang (base arte. One hit only because in air.) Can't eject. Projectile that follows a 45 degree down pattern.

Down A: Heavenly Tempest (arcane arte, 6 hit max) Eject the ennemy forward, decent knockback if the last hit works.

Back A: The animations of Swallow Fury, taken from the ascending hit. Emil before doing this ascending hit will turn himself. After the last hit, he will face the direction he faced before doing this attack. 4 hits. Medium horizontal knockback for the last hit. Considered as an arcane arte but can't be connected to any other move. (Just after light spear cannon in the file of the animations.)

Up A: Dark radiance (arcane arte 6 hit max) Medium knockback, eject the opponent down with the last hit following an angle of 45 degree, good killing move if the last hit works. (in fact the direction of the demon fang as it is the last attack.)

Taunt Up: Sorcerer ring, fires a fire projectile. Little damages and no knockback.

Taunt side: Sorcerer ring, fires a thunder projectile, less strong than fire, but can stun the ennemy, the projectile moves slower than the fire. No knockback.

Taunt down: Fiend fusion allows Emil to be faster than normal during some times (normally in the game it is 45 seconds) and doesn't inflicts damage. In brawl, this move will allow you to be faster in mobility during 20 seconds (it can easily be interrupted.) If you think it is too much, you're free to reduce the time it lasts.

Grabs:
Grab hitting: Emil grabbed the opponent with his left hand, then give his opponents some hits with his right hand, but he's still holding his sword.

Grab forward: Emil makes a circular horizontal slash on his opponent. Low horizontal knockback.

Grab back: Emil throw his opponent with his left hand behind him, then quickly slash him. Between low and medium horizontal knockback.

Grab down: Emil puts his opponent on the floor then uses his sorcerer ring to send fire on his ennemy. No knockback, but most damaging grab.

Grab up: Emil makes an upward slash that sends the ennemy up. Between low and medium vertical knockback.

Emil relies a lot on his combos, this why basic attacks can be connected to a base arte, and why a base arte can be connected to an arcane arte.

The only base arte that can't be used after a basic attack, or lead to an arcane arte is Fiend Fusion. And Back aerial can't be connected to any other movement as it was already said.

But this is not over, there are two other modes.

Centurion mode: Enters in this state automatically after you have taken 70% of damages. All these moves do superior damages than the previous obviously, but some of them gains some changes which will be described.

Here are the changes this mode does.

Demon Fang: 3 hits, in air and on ground, darkness element, and no longer a projectile, no other changes, can only hit in front of Emil.

Havoc Strike: Fire element, 3 hits max on ground and in air. No other changes, excepted it has a larger range, so it can hit opponents really close behind Emil because of the first hit which is a line of fire following Emil jump (jump in ground of course).

Blade Fury: 5 hits max, Ice element, in air and in ground. No other changes.

Fiend Fusion: 4 hits, Earth element (pillars of earth surrounds Emil that hits near opponents and it strengthens his defense, no longer his mobility, you can give him super armor for example on some moves, but don't be really excessive with the super armors). No knockback.
Ravaging Tiger: Thunder element, 5 max hits, eject efficience improved because of the support of the thunder.

Savage Reaper: Light element, 4 max hits, on ground, 2 hits for the thrust in fact and two hits for the first movement of this attack. No other changes.

Raining Fang: Water element, 5 hits too, but stronger than original obviously. (in the game it is four hits, but I honestly don't see why...) Between little and medium completely vertical knockback.

Phoenix Rush: 4 hits, wind element. No knockback so no other changes.

Emil in this mode can do basic attacks, but instead of 3 slashes, can do 4 slashes.

And the last mode:

True Ratatosk mode:

Keeps the changes of Centurion mode, activated automatically above 130% of damages.

Neutral B move is replaced and allows you to use:

Devil's Maw: Darkness element. Second strongest attack in term of damages but no knockback. 10 hit max. And can only be used once before you die. After you use it, you can use Blade Fury again. Emil dashes and jumps like in the game, but from a predeterminated distance, so you have to be strategic if you want to catch someone with this move.

And now, the basic attacks allows Emil to do 6 slashes instead of 4.

And to finish:

Final Smash in ground: Dual death+ Devil's Hellfire+ Ain Soph Aur. (When Emil activates this final smash, he does Dual Death. He makes a thrust then unleashes two projectiles that travels along the ground ( do not make them travel as far as in the game). 3 hits max for Dual Death. If this movement makes no hit, the final smash is lost, but if there is an hit, those who are touched by this movement, are paralyzed like Samus's down smash for all the duration of the final smash, so are forced to be hit by Devil's Hellfire and Ain Soph Aur. The other opponents are safe because they are not seen in the screen, like in Captain's falcon final smash for example if possible. If it is not possible, and it seems to be the case, the other opponents who were not touched can move freely, but can also be touched by the movements of the final smash.) Do not forget to zoom on Emil when it is necessary like in the game.

22 hits max for Devil's hellfire. And 7 hits max for Ain Soph Aur. Ain Soph Aur, has medium knockback in first, mode, better knockback in second mode, and very good knockback in third mode. Ain Soph Aur has a medium range.

Ain Soph Aur is stronger according the mode you are, and has more knockback too.

Final smash in air: Havoc Strike, then same thing than final smash in ground. Havoc Strike inflicts the same damages than normal Havoc Strike, but be careful when you use it because it can mean a sudden death.

The damages when you change mode are susceptible to change, because I don't truly know what weight Emil will have. But what I'm sure is that the Centurion mode won't come when Emil is in very bad shape, because this mode doesn't grants so high advantages, even in the game.

Judas

Smash Apprentice
The side smash is equivalent as forward smash, it should answer your question... Forward tilt is not a smash at all... ANd if you think about it, how can a weak attack like Demon fang be a smash?

xxmasal22xx

Smash Cadet
The side smash is equivalent as forward smash, it should answer your question... Forward tilt is not a smash at all... ANd if you think about it, how can a weak attack like Demon fang be a smash?
Oh, ok. Thanx, and now that i think about it, you are right.....OK, so then F-tilt would be forward a?

BTW, im working on a simple visualization of some of emil's moves from the moveset.

I will post the image here when i am done.

Judas

Smash Apprentice
Exactly, if you want a reference to know what move for example demon fang will be, take Kratos Psa of Divine Overlord, because he also has demon fang as forward tilt, or forward A or strong A. (it has several names.) But still, it's not a smash. Ok for the images. Good luck with this.

xxmasal22xx

Smash Cadet
Exactly, if you want a reference to know what move for example demon fang will be, take Kratos Psa of Divine Overlord, because he also has demon fang as forward tilt, or forward A or strong A. (it has several names.) But still, it's not a smash. Ok for the images. Good luck with this.
Yea, i have a visualization for demon fang in progress. I did 3 visualizations for various moves in a notebook on the way home from school, so now i just gotta re-create them in paint.net.

Judas

Smash Apprentice
When you talked about visualisation, I didn't thought of this, but it is good. But be careful because this side B is only for in ground, in air there is no jump. And the step 4 is optional.

xxmasal22xx

Smash Cadet
When you talked about visualisation, I didn't thought of this, but it is good. But be careful because this side B is only for in ground, in air there is no jump. And the step 4 is optional.
OK, then i will keep tht in mind. Step 4 WILL be in it, but its not part of Side-B, it is the landing animation.

EDIT: For his Neutral-B, Blde Fury I don't know which animation to replace. Should I replace SpecialNEnd, SpecialNLoop, SpecialNOff, or SpecialNStart?

Judas

Smash Apprentice
Step 4 is optional for the side B in air, as you're not forced to meet the floor and land. It can be replaced by death, or by Emil that caught a cliff.

For your question, sorry I don't know...

xxmasal22xx

Smash Cadet
Step 4 is optional for the side B in air, as you're not forced to meet the floor and land. It can be replaced by death, or by Emil that caught a cliff.

For your question, sorry I don't know...
Ok, then i will see what i can do about that.

And thats alright.

Hey, one other thing. Anlgc mentioned that you have the latest version of the fitmotion. Do you in fact have it? If so would you ming PM'ing it to me so i can add what ive done?

Thanx.

Judas

Smash Apprentice
The latest motion of Emil is the one you have and that Philia gave to you.

If you're talking of Emil's animations, of course. It's this file and normallu in this file, there is an animation called Heavenly Tempest, and you can view this animation. (it was fixed, normally it was invisible)

If you talk about FitFalcomotion, with Emil's animations, it's false, I don't have it.

xxmasal22xx

Smash Cadet
The latest motion of Emil is the one you have and that Philia gave to you.

If you're talking of Emil's animations, of course. It's this file and normallu in this file, there is an animation called Heavenly Tempest, and you can view this animation. (it was fixed, normally it was invisible)

If you talk about FitFalcomotion, with Emil's animations, it's false, I don't have it.
But Philia didnt give me a fitmotion.....

Judas

Smash Apprentice
Because as I said i don't have it. I, along with Philia, own only animations for Emil, that are not contained in a motion file. The animations we have were already given to you: the battle animations, and the end of battle animations (normally).

xxmasal22xx

Smash Cadet
Because as I said i don't have it. I, along with Philia, own only animations for Emil, that are not contained in a motion file. The animations we have were already given to you: the battle animations, and the end of battle animations (normally).
Oh, ok. Sorry for that little misunderstanding then. But one question about the end of battle animations. Are you aware that the middle of emil's sword is missing in them? Because if you would like, i have found the same animations but the middle of the sword is there, and i can replace the messed up ones with them.

Judas

Smash Apprentice
In that case do it, I didn't know that since these animations were not really the those I inspected the most frequently...

Edit: I took a look at the animations of end of battle, and there is this glitch you're talking about, but it also seems to be corrupted, but I'm not sure at 100%. Anyway, it would be better that you do as you said.

xxmasal22xx

Smash Cadet
In that case do it, I didn't know that since these animations were not really the those I inspected the most frequently...

Edit: I took a look at the animations of end of battle, and there is this glitch you're talking about, but it also seems to be corrupted, but I'm not sure at 100%. Anyway, it would be better that you do as you said.
Ok. I am currently looking through my files in order to find the again.

Also, for the Lloyd PSA, did they take Heavenly Tempest's graphic effect from the game? Because if it was taken from the game, i need to know how they opened it. The reason being is because i am going to attempt to find the corresponding graphic effects for emil's moves in the ToS: DotNW iso, that way we have the graphics to use.

Judas

Smash Apprentice
For the graphic effect question, I have no idea, so you better ask one of the members of the Lloyd project.

xxmasal22xx

Smash Cadet
For the graphic effect question, I have no idea, so you better ask one of the members of the Lloyd project.
Alright, i will try to find the thread.

Can I have the Updated motion? Sorry I was Busy
Yea, i will send it to you after i remove what i did for a temporary placemarker, and put in the real moveset stuff. I have put in Havoc strike, but Emil doesnt rise off the ground....thats the only problem with that move.....

Oh, could someone fix the following things so i could accuratley test out the animations ive ported so far?
Walk/Run glitch - This one is important so i can test out certain attacks
Sheild Freezing - Whenever i shield, it freezes. I need to test the guard, guard off, guard on, and guard damage animations. BTW, guard off is just guard on reversed. That one was easy to do, as it was only 8 frames.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EDIT: I will PM it to you, Anlgc.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Completed Animations:
Wiat1-DONE
Wait2-DONE
Wait3-DONE
WalkBrake-DONE
WalkFast }
WalkMiddle }}-ALL 3 DONE, SAME ANIMATION FOR NOW
WalkSlow }
Run-DONE
RunBrake-DONE, SAME ANIMATION AS WALKBREAK FOR NOW
JumpAerialB-DONE, THIS IS WHEN YOU JUMP BACK IN THE AIR, BACKFLIP ANIMATION
JumpAerialF-DONE, WHEN YOU JUMP FORWARD IN THE AIR
JumpB-DONE, THIS IS WHEN YOU JUMP FORWARDS FROM THE GROUND
JumpF-DONE, THIS IS WHEN YOU JUMP BACK FROM THE GROUND
All Falling Animations-DONE, NEED TO BE EDITED BY AN ANIMATOR A BIT
All Landing Animations-DONE
Squat-DONE, THIS IS WHEN YOU PRESS DOWN TO DUCK, SWORD'S MIDDLE NOT THERE
SquatWait-DONE, THIS IS WHEN YOU SQUAT FOR SOME TIME, ITS THE WAIT ANIMATION
StepBack-DONE, THIS IS WHEN YOU ARE WALKING BACKWARDS
Guard-DONE, ONLY 1 FRAME FOR NOW
GuardOn-DONE
GuardOff-DONE, REVERSE OF GUARDON ANIMATION
GuardDamage-DONE, THIS IS WHEN A SHEILD BREAK OCCURS
EscapeAir-DONE
EscapeN-DONE, SAME AS WALKBREAK AND RUN BREAK, BUT WORKS AND LOOKS FINE
Attack100-DONE, THIS IS FALCO'S SPINS WHEN YOU HOLD A, NOW GROUNDED 360 KICK
Attack11-DONE, THIS IS THE FIRST SLASH OF NEUTRAL A
Attack12-DONE, THIS IS THE SECOND SLASH, BUT NEEDS TO BE REVERSED
AttackDash-DONE, RUN AND PRESS A, FINAL MOVEMENT OF CONVERGING FURY
AttackS3S-DONE, WHEN YOU USE SIDE A, DEMON FANG
AttackS4S-DONE, THIS IS THE SIDE SMASH, SWORD RAIN: ALPHA
AttackHi4-DONE, THIS IS THE UP SMASH, LIGHT SPEAR CANNON
AttackAirF-DONE, THIS IS SIDE A IN THE AIR, AERIAL DEMON FANG
AttackAirN-DONE, NEUTRAL A IN THE AIR, THE FIRST OF EMIL'S AERIAL SLASHES
SpecialNLoop-DONE, NEUTRAL B ON THE GROUND, BLADE FURY
SpecialSStart-DONE, START OF SIDE B, FIRST PART OF HAVOC STRIKE
SpecialS-DONE, SIDE B, SECOND PART OF HAVOC STRIKE
SpecialSEnd-DONE, END OF SIDE B, LAST PART OF HAVOC STRIKE
SpecialHi-DONE, UP B, PHEONIX RUSH UNTIL RAVAGING TIGER IS COMBINED, SIMILAR
SpeciaAirlLw-DONE, DOWN B IN AIR, PHEONIX RUSH
SpecialLw-DONE, DOWN B ON GROUND, PHEONIX RUSH
ItemAssist-DONE, USING AN ASSIST TROPHY(I THINK)
AppealLw-DONE, TAUNT DOWN, FIEND FUSION
Lose-DONE, LOSING ANIMATION
Win1-DONE, WINNIG ANIMATION 1, MIDDLE OF SWORD MISSING
Win1Wait-DONE, WINNING ANIMATION WAIT 1, MIDDLE OF SWORD MISSING
Win2-DONE, WINNIG ANIMATION 2, MIDDLE OF SWORD MISSING
Win2Wait-DONE, WINNING ANIMATION WAIT 2, MIDDLE OF SWORD MISSING
AppealSR-DONE, TAUNT SIDE RIGHT, FORGING A PACT FACING RIGHT
AppealSL-DONE, TAUNT SIDE LEFT, FORGING A PACT FACING LEFT(HAD TO ROTATE IT)

xxmasal22xx

Smash Cadet
ironically, i just got both ToS games for my wii !
Cool.

Anlgc, i am still fixing one or two things with the animations. The reason the wait1 animation is choppy (I think) is because of the ABone and Hips being renamed to TransN and HipN

EDIT: OK, so i was wrong. BUT renaming the ABone and Hips bones in the CHR0 animations DID in fact make some of em better looking, and now the HipN bone and the TransN bone are animated.

I am going to PM you about something.

ANLGC

Smash Apprentice
Sorry I was busy but we are getting some progress here and I'm going to show a video of Emil that we have so far. Which I'm saying is that the animation that we have now is different and way more than the last video I posted. As soon I get the motion.pac.

xxmasal22xx

Smash Cadet
Sorry I was busy but we are getting some progress here and I'm going to show a video of Emil that we have so far. Which I'm saying is that the animation that we have now is different and way more than the last video I posted. As soon I get the motion.pac.
Mmmmkay. I just need to know one thing before i send it to you, so i can attempt to fix it.

When you "fixed" the animations Anlgc, what exactly did you "fix"?

Judas

Smash Apprentice
This will be a useful program I suppose, especially if there are future projects involving Tos 2 characters import.

Anyway, I want to take a look at the animations you put in the fitmotion, so that I can make you some comments, can I have it?

I won't be able to make comments immediately though, but I want to take a look at them and see if there were mistakes done compared to the moveset and the true nature of some animations too.

ANLGC

Smash Apprentice
Hey Judas, I was running a scan of the model and I discover that the properties that I zeroed out. IT leaves behind when you export but not so sure of the import, it leaves 2bytes of properties and I going tto try it again for DELETING the properties in the long way. One time that I scan it in Brawl Box for the Properties and they say its all gone. But When I was fixing the Headlen, I found a properties in one of them even though Brawl Box says its nothing in the extra properties. So I did for an hour scan it though hex editor, tracing the properties and I'm almost done.

EDIT: How can I be so blind!?!?!?

xxmasal22xx

Smash Cadet
This will be a useful program I suppose, especially if there are future projects involving Tos 2 characters import.

Anyway, I want to take a look at the animations you put in the fitmotion, so that I can make you some comments, can I have it?

I won't be able to make comments immediately though, but I want to take a look at them and see if there were mistakes done compared to the moveset and the true nature of some animations too.
OK, i will send it to both you and Anlgc as soon as i can. Nut just so you know, i do not have ravagingg tiger where it should be, it is instead pheonix rush for now until i get ravaging tiger fixed up.

Top Bottom