• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Emil Castagnier/Ratatosk V3.0.0-0 Back in Progress (Again) (NEWS!)

Judas

Smash Apprentice
It's a good job, but the only thing that is a GREAT problem according to me, are the eyes. They are way too small and make Emil look like an idiot. (or remind the scene of the entry of the GREAT Zelos Wilder.) Besides, it is rather hard to tell if Emil is in Ratatosk mode or not with such small eyes. But good job anyway for the overall stock icon!

ANLGC

Smash Apprentice
Hello everyone! I'm going to say this for those the people are in the Emil Project I'm starting to figure how to fix the model for removing completely from the extra props! I only deleted one by far and it work but you have to make small adjustments.
So the Item Giltchs should be done by this! I figure it out myself that I keep thinking and read it about ten times for the removing the properties from the MDL0 Files from other games.

Innerscope

Smash Apprentice
Where did you find the tutorial? I'm also trying to edit these mdl0s and I am currently having problems. Once I can post attachments, I'll help you with the emil project.

(If I can't post attachments, then I probably can't PM files.)

Judas

Smash Apprentice
Innerscope: The best way to send files to someone is by uploading it on a site like Mediafire for exemple, because I don't remember any forum having a function to send files with their private messages... Or maybe I completely mistook what you meant...

Innerscope

Smash Apprentice
I was asking where to find the mdl0 tutorial that ANLGC was reading. I didn't want to send my broken mdl0. What I meant by the files was that I will help with the emil project once I can post attachments.

You said it was impossible to send files in a PM unless I send a link containing them, so my statement about the attachments makes no sense.

Judas

Smash Apprentice
About the mdl0 tutorial, unfortunately there is no such tutorial that was done... It's really too bad I know... Anyway, if you want some informations about making a Tos 2 character work in Brawl, the best way is to ask to Anlgc how to do it or to RandomTBush, the person who fixed the Lloyd Irving model from tos 2. I hope that you will have your answers, and that you will succeed to do what you want, because making a Tos 2 character work in Brawl is not so easy...

ANLGC

Smash Apprentice
Well it took me a while to figure the mdl0 for tos2 characters. I have to find out my own and I did but almost the way of RTB did.

xxmasal22xx

Smash Cadet
About the mdl0 tutorial, unfortunately there is no such tutorial that was done... It's really too bad I know... Anyway, if you want some informations about making a Tos 2 character work in Brawl, the best way is to ask to Anlgc how to do it or to RandomTBush, the person who fixed the Lloyd Irving model from tos 2. I hope that you will have your answers, and that you will succeed to do what you want, because making a Tos 2 character work in Brawl is not so easy...
Yes, good luck. IF you learn it, PLEASE DO NOT start any work on Richter. I have already begun rigging his model to Ike's bones. When im done, ill re-import him to brawl and run some tests.

Hey, ANLGC, do me a favor? In the OP, next to my name, add "FitMotion Management/Compiler", as i did put alot of the animations into the fitmotion as well as fix a few.

But keep up the good work. Im going to get the last of the recolors done soon, but im currently busy with my Sophmore year in high school, so i cannot give a set time when i will have completed them.

ANLGC

Smash Apprentice
Ok I did that already. I've been working on it a little bit but I'm not going to update the thread until I got Fliptocats animations and other members things of this project. I'v been check on this website daily and looking for PMs.

Innerscope

Smash Apprentice
How do I become a member of this project? I think I might be able to help.

EDIT: I mostly do animations and psa. Do you need help on those categories?

Innerscope

Smash Apprentice
@xxmasal22xx: I didn't know what was going on with the mdl0 until I exported the bones. It looks like everything isn't linked properly(which probably explains the "clone" bones.)
I also found out that some bones have 14+ offset rows, and some of them have 00000118 as the header when it should be 000000D0.

@ANLGC: I think I can fix some of the attacks and the demon fang. (Did you replace the mdl0 containing falco's laser? If not, it could take a while to fix it)

EDIT: I thought the nw4r_root bone was the TransN. Is Tos2's transN bone Abone?

ANLGC

Smash Apprentice
@xxmasal22xx: I didn't know what was going on with the mdl0 until I exported the bones. It looks like everything isn't linked properly(which probably explains the "clone" bones.)
I also found out that some bones have 14+ offset rows, and some of them have 00000118 as the header when it should be 000000D0.

@ANLGC: I think I can fix some of the attacks and the demon fang. (Did you replace the mdl0 containing falco's laser? If not, it could take a while to fix it)

EDIT: I thought the nw4r_root bone was the TransN. Is Tos2's transN bone Abone?
Well I'm still trying to figure that out. Because most bones have properties so the bone tree collapse and mad a weird bone structure. I figure all the information to fix the bone tree. But RTB did it the correct way. The way I done it is was close to RTB but I think it doesn't read it properly.

And no I haven't put the demon fang yet but I'll get that inserted.

Innerscope

Smash Apprentice
You're going to have to make changes for it. Just porting a model won't work. Even if you do succeed in having emil as a texture, he's going to have T-pose almost every time.

EDIT: What's the moveset for emil? I might be able to do psa and rip animations for this project.
EDIT2: @ANLGC: I don't think fliptocat checks this thread often. Try sending him a pm that requests his animations for emil

EDIT3: @ANLGC: Here are some things that might help you with the project:
-You can port in animations by exporting all of its details using brawlbox, and then replacing the animation that you're editing with the exported data. To be safe, I would make an empty animation file and increase it by 800 frames, then I cut out the extra frames that show a pose only.
-Instead of trying to import other mdl0s, you can instead use GFXs and link them to the extra bones using PSA. The extra bones are located in the same position as the TransN bone. (I think one of them has "obj" in its name.) I'm not sure if those act like polygons, though.
-Try looking at the headerlen in brawlbox. It can be seen by clicking on the bone. If the bone does not have 208 as a headerlen, then it has extra properties.
-Abone has to be in the same position as the nwr4 root. Lloyd scewed up a lot with tempest because of this.
-You can use Lloyd's fixed demon fang for emil and recolor it.

Does any animation have only one frame? If so, add in another frame.

ANLGC

Smash Apprentice
You're going to have to make changes for it. Just porting a model won't work. Even if you do succeed in having emil as a texture, he's going to have T-pose almost every time.

EDIT: What's the moveset for emil? I might be able to do psa and rip animations for this project.
EDIT2: @ANLGC: I don't think fliptocat checks this thread often. Try sending him a pm that requests his animations for emil

EDIT3: @ANLGC: Here are some things that might help you with the project:
-You can port in animations by exporting all of its details using brawlbox, and then replacing the animation that you're editing with the exported data. To be safe, I would make an empty animation file and increase it by 800 frames, then I cut out the extra frames that show a pose only.
-Instead of trying to import other mdl0s, you can instead use GFXs and link them to the extra bones using PSA. The extra bones are located in the same position as the TransN bone. (I think one of them has "obj" in its name.) I'm not sure if those act like polygons, though.
-Try looking at the headerlen in brawlbox. It can be seen by clicking on the bone. If the bone does not have 208 as a headerlen, then it has extra properties.
-Abone has to be in the same position as the nwr4 root. Lloyd scewed up a lot with tempest because of this.
-You can use Lloyd's fixed demon fang for emil and recolor it.

Does any animation have only one frame? If so, add in another frame.
Sorry I haven't respond to this but I was reading this fourm frequently and fixing emils bones. I know all the information about fixing it but I need to put it into action. I'm so close to fiigure this out. And about the Lloyd TransN, I dont know about that.

ANLGC

Smash Apprentice
Well thats good for the most part.
Now I'm so close to fix it but the bone ends up reading the information that is edited. All I'm stuck with a bone that is incorrect values in brawl box 63d. All I need is to figure this out. If I did then the process won't be as long.

Innerscope

Smash Apprentice
What should I do after I reduce the headerlen 208? (Headerlen = number of bytes in a bone)

I'm really liking the progress, though. (especially since Tales of... is my favorite series) =)

ANLGC

Smash Apprentice
If you want to know the is 208. If you export a bone, the size will be 208 bytes. It all ways have to be 208 or D0 in hex. If its more then reduce to D0.

I.E.

00 00 02 D0 = 720 bytes
Change it the 2 to 0.
00 00 00 D0 = 208 bytes

I know that for sure.

Innerscope

Smash Apprentice
I was wondering something...

Does this project have Emil's voice, or Ratatosk's? (If it's Ratatosk, that means there's a chance for Ain Soph Aur)

ANLGC

Smash Apprentice
Ratatosk's
Because he seems more likely a fighter but maybe to different PSA for Emil and Ratatosk (separate folders with download). I don't know. It is just an idea.

JetAurion

Smash Journeyman
Mm, well, can you incorporate this for the moveset?
You start the fight as Ratatosk, but you can use a taunt to change some of Ratatosk's artes into their elemental variations that Emil uses.

Innerscope

Smash Apprentice
It's possible, depending on the size of the psa file. (I'm not working on the project, BTW. Once the beta is released, I'll work on it)

ANLGC

Smash Apprentice
not really I just figure this out about 1-2 months ago that the file size is not the answer. Its the information that is enter will make the game freeze during game play or on CSS. So there is no file size limit that what I know of.

ANLGC

Smash Apprentice
Oh ok! Its just the information is not inserted correctly. This happened to me before. You must enter/edit the code that reads one thing to another. Its kinda hard to explain and I tried to give you example but its complicated.

Innerscope

Smash Apprentice
I was wondering:

What is Ratatosk's moveset?

Do you have Ratatosk's sounds yet?

Is this his final smash?

Devil's Hellfire

If you press (or hold) a button, he will do Ain Soph Aur?

I also like to see Devil's Maw if you haven't planned that yet.

ANLGC

Smash Apprentice
Well I'm just putting animations for now until we can Finally decide what to have on v1.0.0-0.
The voice of Ratatosk, someone has them but he said to wait for the animations. Once the animations are inserted, we will know which voices goes which.
If you want to work with us, that's fine. I will just give you the files so you and and others know what to do.

Judas

Smash Apprentice
It's one of my friend, who have the voices, the one on Kitty Corp who is called Psycho Philia. He had the pseudonym Barbatos in the past. He has the sounds of Ratatosk but will do as Anlgc has already said, which is normal, because he doesn't want to put useless sounds.

For the moveset, he did it too, search in this topic, it is probably in page 8, be careful, it's a particular moveset, and rather complex...

Innerscope

Smash Apprentice
I looked into the moveset.

It's actually quite easy, other than the final smash. I just hope we can use Ike's final smash variables.

This moveset feels like a breeze when I compare it to my movesets for Asbel and Senel

By the way, who votes for this?

A+B+Z = Devil's Maw

Innerscope

Smash Apprentice
It's more than possible. All it takes is an if statement, with an additional requirement. Both requirements have a button pressed, A+B and Z.

ANLGC

Smash Apprentice
Pressing the those buttons, we probably we have to set of commands for each button. I try to give you the move set if I know where it is. I think someone has it.

:phone:

Richter Abend

Smash Apprentice
Devil's Maw? Wouldn't that be a little strange to have as a Throw Move?

Wait.....no, nevermind. I think I can see how it would work.

Judas

Smash Apprentice
Good job Anlgc.

Personnally, Devil's Maw as a throw is probably not the best way to use this movement... We have to stay coherent. Devil's Maw is one of the most damaging Emil's attacks, so putting it as a throw is really strange...

Glad you like this moveset Innerscope. Anyway, you made a moveset for Asbel? It's interesting, it's unfortunate though that it's rather difficult to have a model for him. I think I have one model of him, but the problem is the size if I recall correctly, and I don't remember what is the extension of his file, I think it is an obj file, but I'm not sure...

ANLGC

Smash Apprentice
Thanks well I did more work on the animation. I did 10 Animations in one day. So 9 Swim animations, not that hard once you animate one, and 1 damage mid air.

Innerscope

Smash Apprentice
First off, I want to say that Devil's Maw isn't a throw, even if a Z button is involved There are special commands that indicate a throw. I won't use those commands.

Also, I just have a plan for Asbel's moveset. I haven't started yet. I have his model in obj format. I can't run 3dsmax, though.

ANLGC

Smash Apprentice
Let me see if there are mdl0s. I know that RTB tried so I'm going to tried to find them myself. If that's alright with you?

Judas

Smash Apprentice
Sorry Innerscope, it seems I made a mistake. But still, having a combination of buttons like this is rather strange for Brawl but I cannot say anything else about it, because the moveset itself is strange for Brawl I admit it myself.

But still, if we use Devil Maw like this, with this combination of button, what does it mean? Does it mean that Devil maw can be used infinitely as long as we know the combination or will it be used as planned in the moveset?

Top Bottom