• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Emil Castagnier/Ratatosk V3.0.0-0 Back in Progress (Again) (NEWS!)

Innerscope

Smash Apprentice
It's not as powerful as you think. I plan to give the attack 12% and low accuracy.

This attack doesn't make Emil act like a "homing missile."

@ANLGC: I can make GFXs on my own, so it's not a problem if there aren't mdl0s

I want to work on this project. Give me any task you want me to do.

ryuu seika

Smash Master
As a throw move, it would involve throwing the enemy upward, a backwards jump, a short run up and then the slam. It would be fairly easy to escape the hold during the animation, after which a simple dodge would negate the whole move.

Still, if that's not how you want to do it then feel free to do things your way.

Richter Abend

Smash Apprentice
I agree with ryuu seika. That makes it possible to dodge an otherwise overpowering move.

Though, personally I feel Devil's Maw should be taken out entirely. No need to give Emil all of his artes from the game.

ANLGC

Smash Apprentice
@Innerscope Ok i will send you the files. But Let me change 1 thing. Some of the bones needs to be renamed b/c some animations aren't animating right such as his coat, it just stays there and goes thought his legs. As you can tell in Emils long sword pics.

Judas

Smash Apprentice
12%? It's so weak, it's terrifying... It's a so weak move...

Anyway, about it, if you want to put it as 12% of damages, it means all other attacks will go below in term of damages... We have to stay coherent with the other attacks, you won't make for example sword rain alpha stronger than Devil's maw, it's absolutely not coherent with Emil himself...

Richter Abend

Smash Apprentice
I scratched out the Devil's Maw idea. It seems too much of a hassle to add in.
Good idea.

I've also been poring over Emil's elements, and I think I know which ones will work for certain. (Should you decide to have a PSA switch between Emil and Ratatosk)

Fire
Darkness
Lightning
Light (Slash hitbox seems reasonable)

So, in theory, he can use the corresponding elemental artes in his moveset. Though, I can only imagine Shadow Fang as part of the moveset, in the form of Aerial forward A.

JetAurion

Smash Journeyman
I can only see it as NAir. Tonitrus Ravaging Tiger always seemed like a FAir to me (but only because it looks like it could spike).

ANLGC

Smash Apprentice
Shadow Fang...
That seems a good idea.
So we don't copy the Lloyd Projects effects.

Innerscope

Smash Apprentice
Blackjax96 taught me a way to remove the extra properties :D

@ANLGC: Do you want Aster's costume and Emil's Luin outfit?

Richter Abend

Smash Apprentice
If I recall correctly, Shadow Fang is a Dark elemental move that hits the opponent up to five times, causing small upward knockback. It would probably need a similar effect in Brawl, with a max damage of 6% but minus the upward knockback. That should keep it from being spammable.

As for Lightning Tiger, I agree it would fit as FAir because of the second slash. The lightning effect is my concern, though....would it simply become electric hitbox or would it use a lightning effect similar to the Kratos PSA Lightning spell?

ANLGC

Smash Apprentice
Well I tried the model and it seems that I works perfectly fine on elements such as fire when he gets hit, but some stages doesn't give the correct lighting effect such as Castle Siege.

@Innerscope: Sure and what do you mean Aster's costume?

Innerscope

Smash Apprentice
I meant Aster's lab coat. (Actually, now that I think about it, I'm not sure if I can get that costume. I think it's in the thp files.)

However, Emil's Luin costume is used in battle, so I know that I can get that model.

JetAurion

Smash Journeyman
I'm fairly certain that the Aster model is an actual model you can rip.
I recall there was a code someone made that swapped Emil's model with Aster's.

Richter Abend

Smash Apprentice
I also had a thought.....if you guys decided to do the extra work and make a "transition" PSA so that Emil could switch between Normal Mode and Ratatosk Mode....wouldn't Samus and Zamus fit the bill better than Ike or Falco?

Using a taunt to switch moves seems a little too cheap, especially since both Emil and Ratatosk's Mystic Artes are so powerful. But since Samus can only change form after using a Final Smash, it makes sense to use her.

For example, convert the Zero Laser into Ain Soph Aur (Not really much to do there except change the size and movement of Samus' blast). When Emil finishes using that move, he's forced to enter Normal Mode to regain his strength, and as a result all of his elemental moves lose their elemental attributes and his eyes revert from red back to green. When he acquires the Smash Ball, his energy is restored and he unleashes Ratatosk Mode during Devil's Hellfire, reactivating the elemental moves.

The only problem I foresee with this is converting Zamus' transformation into an actual Final Smash, but feel free to point anything else out that I have overlooked.

Innerscope

Smash Apprentice
I'm not sure if I approve of this...

The only differences between those two are:
Different eyes
Ratatosk has Ain Soph Aur, while Emil has a buffed up Devil's Hellfire.

(No, I didn't forget Water version Raining Fangs. It's like a paradox. Emil obtains Aqua's core, but Ratatosk once had this core, meaning that they both have the arte)

I'm basically saying that Emil and Ratatosk will be complete clones. This is even worse than Melee's clone system.

This is what we have to do to even get this idea to work:

Import the models over Samus and Zero suit Samus.
Remove the armor pieces.
Do PSA work on two "new" characters. (Where we copy one of the PSAs to the other)

@ANLCG: By all means, you can do this if you want, but I may not help with this.

ANLGC

Smash Apprentice
I agree with Innerscope. There is too much work and Emil and Ratatosk have almost the exact animations.

@Innerscope: I will give you the files really soon. I'v have to fix some of the bone due to the new model which is the long sword but I'm almost done.

ANLGC

Smash Apprentice
@Innerscope: About the texture/model, we can have those after we get the the original recolors.

Judas

Smash Apprentice
Doing a Psa on Samus would be like a real miracle...

And besides, it's completely useless to have such a mode, because of what Innerscope said, but it would also be a real mess with the voices... There wouldn't be enough voices for Falco to fit Emil red eyed and green eyed voices at the same time, and doing a Psa for Samus and Zero suit samus would be really hard... Not counting the fact that we didn't even succeedeed in porting Emil on Ike, so on Samus and Zero suit samus, I wonder if it would be possible...

It would really be a waste of time...

ANLGC

Smash Apprentice
Ok I may think that we should have more Attack Animations such as Side A. Even though we have a lot but we need to have a lot of attacks in.

Judas

Smash Apprentice
Exactly Anlgc. You're lucky, you have the moveset with you, so you exactly know what animations you have to do.

ANLGC

Smash Apprentice
Yep. I may need to think we need to fix some of the animations like swimming. Well we can get those fixed later before the release. Unless you can fix them for me? It jumps out in the water.

Innerscope

Smash Apprentice
If I could give advice, I would say finishing what isn't done. The current phase for Emil is Late Alpha, so we shouldn't worry about polishing anything ATM.

ANLGC

Smash Apprentice
Maybe your right. Lets finished up what we need to do like Fixing the Shadow (demon) Fang a side A, fix the swimming animations and the Running Glitch (he can't run), and the recolors so we can go ahead and release it what we have. Besides I think we have plenty of work done for the release.

Innerscope

Smash Apprentice
"!=*Exploding Polygons after grab or ?randomly? in some stages"

I fixed this glitch for Lloyd by adding animations in the capture section. Tell me some of these random situations

"!=*Still working on when you grab using this character, you can be grab by another character but it will make a automatic KO sometimes"

Does this happen only with hacks, or does this also happen with original Brawl characters? Either way, I fixed this on Lloyd by adding in animations.

"Won't shoot out lazer (Demon (Shadow) Fang) at all!"

You most likely have to replace a model, or edit reffs. Until then, a few cheap GFXs will have to suffice.

"!= More Attacks has been applied on his sword"

What exactly does this mean?

"*=Final Smash is almost removed but a little bit of an issue that the land master comes back. But I'm getting there. (May not make it to the first release)"

Use FinalStart as your source, then go to action 116 Final Smash, and put in this code:

Change subaction (ID of FInalStart)

This will get rid of the landmaster, but we still have a lot of work to do after this

ANLGC

Smash Apprentice
"!=*Exploding Polygons after grab or ?randomly? in some stages"

I fixed this glitch for Lloyd by adding animations in the capture section. Tell me some of these random situations

"!=*Still working on when you grab using this character, you can be grab by another character but it will make a automatic KO sometimes"

Does this happen only with hacks, or does this also happen with original Brawl characters? Either way, I fixed this on Lloyd by adding in animations.

"Won't shoot out lazer (Demon (Shadow) Fang) at all!"

You most likely have to replace a model, or edit reffs. Until then, a few cheap GFXs will have to suffice.

"!= More Attacks has been applied on his sword"

What exactly does this mean?

"*=Final Smash is almost removed but a little bit of an issue that the land master comes back. But I'm getting there. (May not make it to the first release)"

Use FinalStart as your source, then go to action 116 Final Smash, and put in this code:

Change subaction (ID of FInalStart)

This will get rid of the landmaster, but we still have a lot of work to do after this
1) when they grab him, run and explodes on one point in the stage.

2) ok that makes since

3) I should of known that

4) IE: button A, assigned hitboxes.

5) I'll do that right away.
have any more ?'s, ask away! :)

Innerscope

Smash Apprentice
Do you still have the walking glitch? If so, rename the BoneRef.

The Abone may look like TransN, it's really not. The real TransN is nwr4_root.

Skyground95

Smash Cadet
Lightning glitches should be related to the shaders in the model (which you likely know)
From what I know, guard bubble is located at the throwN bone, maybe you should try moving the bone a little up in the guard animations?
Anyways looking forward to the release :)

JetAurion

Smash Journeyman
Hmm. I expected a release before the new year. :(

Oh well. If release is imminent, but delayed, that means you guys are working on fixing bugs, right? That's well worth the wait.

ANLGC

Smash Apprentice
I know but just about to be finished with all the bugs but I release the tutorial!

Innerscope

Smash Apprentice
This is just an FYI, but you don't need to fix Alice's model. If you want the model, just send me a PM :) [This applies to everyone]

ANLGC

Smash Apprentice
This is just an FYI, but you don't need to fix Alice's model. If you want the model, just send me a PM :) [This applies to everyone]
No that was just for the tutorial. I was showing an example how to fix a TOS2 model.

Innerscope

Smash Apprentice
I know. I was just saying that people don't need to fix the model. They just need to PM me in order to get the model.

Also, are there any problems with the Emil project?

ANLGC

Smash Apprentice
1) Oh ok.
2) Not that much almost done fixing all glitches. The Grabbing Glitch, I only animate one. I will finish the animations for the grabbing. I was doing alot of animations that I can't name them all to put on this thread. I animate the Side A Charge to the Light Spear Cannon, Grabing items and eating with running to grab items and more!

Edit: I kinda figure out the Demon Fang Glitch so I may need you help in a little bit if I can't figure it out.
And the final smash that you said to fix, I going to fix that to. Since you mention it how so you get credit for that.

Innerscope

Smash Apprentice
What animations need to be done? (I don't have the project files, but I do have my own model.)

Also, can you tell me any changed bone strings? (Ex: Abone to TransN)

ANLGC

Smash Apprentice
Animations?
Well I've done so many that I'll be able to finish it all. I've lost track and the animations that I've done are really good. I took my time on this.
All I have left are:

Up a attack (I already finished the charge and stance)
About half of the item animations are left
very few damage animations are left
we need a side b
very few falling animations are left
I think that just about it...

EDIT: And Some are redone animations\edited

Top Bottom