• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Emil Castagnier/Ratatosk V3.0.0-0 Back in Progress (Again) (NEWS!)

ANLGC

Smash Apprentice
I don't know? I'll let you decide what will be the Side B.

I may not finished all the animations.
It seems alot more than I thought but will see.

The Up A is all customized.

But I will release a video.

Judas

Smash Apprentice
Anlgc: If you don't know what the side B is, then look at the moveset that was planned for Emil, you'll find the answer.

ANLGC

Smash Apprentice
Havoc Strike...
Ok I'll get that inserted

@Innerscope: I check out you thread (Tales of VS) several times. Keep up the good work.
And I going to update the Kcmm emil thread.
Its dead...
I will have to mark that as unread if I can do this week.

Robby9856

Smash Rookie
Has anyone considered using different swords for different costumes? I really want a costume w/ a nether traitor

:phone:

Judas

Smash Apprentice
Nether traitor sword is probably the worst sword to put for Emil... Not that the sword is bad itself, but it's an animated sword, and I don't know if it is possible to keep the animations for the swords in Brawl... Not counting that I don't know if it's possible to have different swords for different costumes...

Robby9856

Smash Rookie
Nether traitor sword is probably the worst sword to put for Emil... Not that the sword is bad itself, but it's an animated sword, and I don't know if it is possible to keep the animations for the swords in Brawl... Not counting that I don't know if it's possible to have different swords for different costumes...
Oh I see. Well if it's possible I would like it but this project is so cool and I don't really care if u cant have different swords

Robby9856

Smash Rookie
Can I make a suggestion for the moveset? It saids ain sop aur gets stronger depending on which form ur in but I think he shouldn't be able to use it if he's not in true ratotosk mode. ( sorry for 2x post)

JetAurion

Smash Journeyman
Please don't triple-post, especially if you were sorry for double-posting.
Edit your previous comment instead.

Robby9856

Smash Rookie
Yeah sorry bout that can anyone post a progress video for Emil? I want to see how far he is at this point. Thanks

EDIT: a new one I mean if anyone gets confused

ANLGC

Smash Apprentice
Yeah sorry bout that can anyone post a progress video for Emil? I want to see how far he is at this point. Thanks

EDIT: a new one I mean if anyone gets confused
I will because I have the latest move set.
Other members are out of date. But you will have to wait because I have to finished a few animations which is Grabbing by a character and items.
But the Shadow Fang doesn't show up still!:c

Robby9856

Smash Rookie
I will because I have the latest move set.
Other members are out of date. But you will have to wait because I have to finished a few animations which is Grabbing by a character and items.
But the Shadow Fang doesn't show up still!:c
Cool I can wait. I want to see how it is right now so bad. Thanks :)

I hope u can get shadow fang to work soon so u can get to releasing it quicker

ANLGC

Smash Apprentice
Sorry that I haven't updated. I am more active in the kitty corp website and I just check this thread out and I might as well update!

Richter Abend

Smash Apprentice
Sounds like a good idea to me. By the way, you mentioned on Kitty Corps' forums that the Final Smash now works......which Mystic Arte is the smash, if you don't mind me asking?

ANLGC

Smash Apprentice
I don't mind.
I forgot whats it called. It's the one he jumps up and down. It's like Ike's up b.
I'm going to show a video because we have so much in progress. It looks like we hardly have any T poses.

Richter Abend

Smash Apprentice
Do you mean Devil's Maw? I think Devil's Hellfire would fit the part of Final Smash better, but if you're aiming for Devil's Maw......

Innerscope

Smash Apprentice
Devil's Hellfire. If B is pressed 40 times during the mystic arte, Ain Soph Aur will occur.

This is the final smash

Judas

Smash Apprentice
Would it be possible for someone to make a video of all what is done? If you desire of course and can do it...

Anyway, I wonder what was already done, I hope it's not too hard to make the animations and use the ones you already have Anlgc.

ANLGC

Smash Apprentice
Would it be possible for someone to make a video of all what is done? If you desire of course and can do it...

Anyway, I wonder what was already done, I hope it's not too hard to make the animations and use the ones you already have Anlgc.
Well I could right now but there is some parts in Emil/Ratatosk freeze the game.

TailzWolf

Smash Apprentice
I can't believe I hadn't seen this thread before, Tales of Symphonia Dawn of the New World is one of my favorite games. Good luck on this project. So, umm, what is Emil's moveset? Is it posted somewhere on this thread?

I don't mind.
I forgot whats it called. It's the one he jumps up and down. It's like Ike's up b.
I'm going to show a video because we have so much in progress. It looks like we hardly have any T poses.

Do you mean Devil's Maw? I think Devil's Hellfire would fit the part of Final Smash better, but if you're aiming for Devil's Maw......
Devil's Hellfire. If B is pressed 40 times during the mystic arte, Ain Soph Aur will occur.

This is the final smash
I think Ain Soph Aur could make a good Final Smash itself. But if you guys wanna go all out, you could make Emil's Final Smah Devil's Hellfire, then have him transition into Ain Soph Aur, then have Richter pop out of nowhere and use Eternal Recurrence, in all their 30 seconds or so cinematic glory :awesome:

Like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmXSq_JxEf8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5xRi5czf9I

Innerscope

Smash Apprentice
Here's the moveset ANLGC and I agreed to:

Story: Emil was an average timid 16 year old boy who was constantly bullied due to his admiration for the Vanguard and hate toward the Church of Martel. After his encounters with Richter and Marta, his life changed significantly. He gained a power from Tenebrae in order to save Marta as a Knight of Ratatosk. Once Emil gets into battle, he goes into "Ratatosk Mode," a bipolar trait where Emil turns from timid to relentless and merciless.

Fighting Style: Emil (or Ratatosk Mode Emil in this case) uses a one handed sword and is able to rack up a ton of combos and damage. He moves all over the place and even has attributal enhancement and moveset modifiers. Emil will get the help of his centurions, which will modify base artes. In this PSA, he has three modes, each which can be used via "taunting." Up taunt is Ability Enhancer, and this gives Emil extra hits, Ex attacks, and Backstep (This technique is different from back dodge that brawl uses) Side taunt is Attribute Enhancer. This ability will allow Emil to use items more effectively and be able to perform a mystic arte easier. Down taunt is Centurion Assisstance. This modifies all of Emil's base artes from physical to elemental.

Moveset:

A : 1st slash : Emil slashes diagonally low.
A2 : 2nd slash : Emil slash diagonally up
>a : Kick : Emil kicks the enemy diagonally up.
>a2 : Strike : Emil relentlessly strikes the opponent
Va : Stab : Emil relentlessly stabs the opponent
vA2 : Strike : Same as >A2
^A : Jump, then attack: Emil jumps while holding his sword up.

Note: This works almost exactly like the AAA system in Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the new world.

Air A: Left slash: Emil slashes left
AirA2: Spin slash: Emil spins while holding his sword in the open
UpAirA: Slash up: 2nd part of ground up A

Note: The aerial AAA system works exactly like in Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New wold. If needed, Aerial Up A will be programmed in case it is impossible to program the whole attack in one action. (For Ground Up A)

v------ The Base Artes -------v

B : Demon Fang: Emil sends out a shockwave from his sword
>B : Savage Reaper: Emil Jump strikes, then stabs.
vB : Havoc Strike: Emil jumps, then throws himself down.
^B : Ravaging Tiger: Emil jumps, while slashing twice.
AB : Blade Fury: Emil relentlessly slashes his sword everywhere.
>AB: Pheonix Rush: Emil slashes up, then down.
^AB: Raining Fangs: Emil jumps, then sends several shockwaves.
vAB: Fiend Fusion: Emil powers himself up to run faster.

Note: When Centurion Assistance is activated, these artes will completely change. List of changes:

B : Dark element and no projectile
>B : Light element and extra knockbakc
vB : Fire element and extra hit
^B : Lightning element and extra hit
AB : Ice element
>AB: Wind element, 2 extra hits and reduced momentum
^AB: Water element, 2 less hits, and a minor projectile
vAB: Rock element and transformed arte (It is now an attack)

Recall: Centurion Assistance can be activated by pressing down taunt.

v------- The Arcane Artes -------v

Z : Dual Death: Emil strikes, then sends out two shockwaves.
>Z : Raging Heaven: Emil slashes 4 times, while performing unusual momentum changes.
^Z : Dark Radiance: Emil jumps up, slashes, then somersaults while holding his sword out in the open, then lands.
ZB : Converging Fury: Emil performs Blade Fury, then dashes across the opponent, knocking him/her down.
vZ : Demon's Rage: Emil slashes twice, then jumps. When he lands, the ground shakes slightly.
>ZB: Raging Thrust: Emil dashes across, then performs Savage Reaper.
vZB: Quake Assualt: Emil performs Blade Fury, then smashes the ground.
^ZB: Roaring Tiger: Emil dashes across, jumps up, then uses Raining Fangs.

Note: These aren't throws. Z artes are the better decision because they support the arte linking system, and because throws are cheap in brawl. Also, no one can seem to come up with a remotely good idea for throws for tales characters (Senel is an exception)

Smash left: Heavenly Tempest: Emil jumps, while slashing twice, then spins around several times.
Smash up : Light Spear Cannon: Emil strikes his sword diangally up, while sending a shockwave that causes multiple hits.
Smash down: Sword Rain Alpha: Emil slashes multiple times, then does a strike with higher (but still low) knockback.

Note: These smash attacks aren't chargeable.

v------- Artes affected by a guage ------v

ABZ: Devil's Maw
ABZ2: Ars Nova

Note: These artes are based off a gauge. When it's half full, Devil's Maw will perform. When it's completely full, Ars Nova will perform.

Final Smash: Devil's Hellfire

Note: This can be done via smash ball or complex command.

The command:

Base arte + Arcane arte (A must be held the whole time. In this case, not all artes can be used to activate this, such as Pheonix Rush) The gauge must be completely full as well.

If B is pressed 40 times during the final smash:

At the end, Ain Soph Aur will perform.

v----- Other commands ------v

Up taunt: Ability Enhancer

This gives Emil 9 extra AAA attacks (meaning that it is now AAAAAAAAAAAA), ability to use artes in the air, ex attacks, ability to connect two base artes, stronger backstep, and faster teching.

Side taunt: Attribute Enhancer

This boosts item use and gives out a new command used to perform Devil's Hellfire (Use arcane arte with B held down while the gauge is full)

Down Taunt: Centurion Assistance

This changes Emil's base artes. (The changes are listed in the base arte section.)

Note: Emil can't use all three at once. For example, if Down Taunt is pressed, Emil can use Centurion Assistance, but if he presses up taunt, he loses the Centurion Assistance ability, but gains the Ability Enhancer ability.

He had too many unique artes to throw out XD

Oh, I must also point out that this moveset is most specified to wiimote and nunchuck users. In that case, Z is wiimote's R.

EDIT: Disregard what I said earlier. I was thinking of a different moveset. For wiimote users, press control pad right/left for the z artes

TailzWolf

Smash Apprentice
Ars Nova? Is Marta going to just pop out of nowhere when the attack is activated then?

Robby9856

Smash Rookie
Wow.... Is the moveset going to be this complicated for Lloyd and other tales characters as well? Cause that would be EPIC!!! -(not misused)

JetAurion

Smash Journeyman
Holy ****, if this is doable, this is going to be so awesome.

...But, how would we know when the gauge is "full"? Would Emil blink in one color when it's half full and another color when the gauge is completely full?

ANLGC

Smash Apprentice
Well It is going to look great! I know that is taking a long time but it is worth the wait!

TailzWolf

Smash Apprentice
Sort of. I plan to make the intro where Marta jumps off a rheiard to help Emil (for ars nova only)
Sounds interesting, but sounds kinda "iffy" at the same time. Depending on how long Marta takes, what Emil's even doing during that time, and whether or not the other players can move during this time, I think this could either be a great comboing attack, or a "Takes too long to charge, easy to dodge" type move. I'm sorry if it sounds like I'm jumping to conclusions, it's just that I'm really used to Dawn of the new World's cinematic attacks and their charge/wait times, and only you really know how the attack's going to go anyway. Sorry about that.

Richter Abend

Smash Apprentice
Honestly speaking, this is the one of the more difficult projects I have seen for Brawl.....you're looking at not only making a new character almost completely out of scratch, but adding in models, animations, and moves that are normally reserved for cutscenes, backgrounds or bosses.

I do hope you guys have everything planned out, but why not move for a more simple moveset and animations before moving to something this grand? Having a midway point might not satisfy everyone, but it would serve as a safety net in case something went wrong. Wouldn't you agree?

Robby9856

Smash Rookie
Hey guys just tested the new lloyd and its great! Too bad the Lloyd project isn't moving as fast as this one.

Edit: Oops I meant to say I tested the new Emil.

Top Bottom