• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

End of Day...everywhere?

LuigiTendo

Smash Apprentice
Well, today's update sure got me going! I LOVE his final smash, End of Day! it's so cool, and very creative IMO.

Now, i have a question...will this happen on all stages? I mean, the sky!! it changes to a night sky with stars and the moon and everything *Beautifully done btw*

But what happens in *Say* Hyrule Temple? Will the sky turn into night *Because that would look cool*!!!

Also....this FS may not work well on larger stages. Much like Gigabowser etc.

The enmies will roam but not attack too much, AND the ship will crash, but in Hyrule, there is a (VERY small chance) of anyone being hit with it. Seriously, they could flee to the lower levels. Or just move to the side areas.

It's one of those that will not do much in Hyrule Temple.

Basically the good ole temple is "FS-proofed_

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
Well, today's update sure got me going! I LOVE his final smash, End of Day! it's so cool, and very creative IMO.

Now, i have a question...will this happen on all stages? I mean, the sky!! it changes to a night sky with stars and the moon and everything *Beautifully done btw*

But what happens in *Say* Hyrule Temple? Will the sky turn into night *Because that would look cool*!!!

Also....this FS may not work well on larger stages. Much like Gigabowser etc.

The enmies will roam but not attack too much, AND the ship will crash, but in Hyrule, there is a (VERY small chance) of anyone being hit with it. Seriously, they could flee to the lower levels. Or just move to the side areas.

It's one of those that will not do much in Hyrule Temple.

Basically the good ole temple is "FS-proofed_
Imagine if FSs could be used in tournaments and b/c in tournaments you play on the smaller stages, Olimar's FS would pwn :grin:

Yigguth

Smash Journeyman
Yes but in tournaments it's usually 1on1, and they mentioned that the less people the less damage the attack deals. They never said it would be more effective on bigger or smaller stages, but they did mention this
Characters left behind on the ground take lots and lots of damage.
As I said before, everyone left on the ground is probably just rapidly receiving damage.

Hellbeing

Smash Journeyman
what about stages like lylat cruise, sky world, and halberd where ur in the sky? it doesnt make much sense on those lvls... plot hole?

Yigguth

Smash Journeyman
what about stages like lylat cruise, sky world, and halberd where ur in the sky? it doesnt make much sense on those lvls... plot hole?
The only problem I see here is lylat cruise, where there are already stars in the sky. The other levels it's day time, so It should be fine. The enemies won't fall off because they don't roam around, it's a quick massive attack, just watch the vid.

TidalSpiral

Smash Journeyman
I also love this FS, it captures what I consider to be the two most important factors - 1) that it is very powerful in some sense and 2) that it truly represents the character using it. Olimar keeps looking better and better as time goes on. It will break my heart the day he lands that spaceship on my Dedede.

UrajKingofDarkness

Smash Journeyman
Olimar's final smash is one of the most amazing to me so far, because it seems to be completely unavoidable before the ship crash ending. Every other character's final smash is at least partially avoidable, by dodging or whatnot; for Olimar, though, he flies up and everyone on the stage just seems to instantly start taking damage.

The only avoidable part is the ship crash, which makes me think that Olimar might have trouble dealing damage, if his FS lets him build up his opponents' percentage so easily.

MirageofMadness

Smash Journeyman
I love Olimar's FS! Sooo appropriate for his background. I am a little confused about this idea of the Dolphin going up into the sky, though. I see how it could work for Lylat Cruise because the Dolphin would just go deeper into space, and Skyworld works because the Dolphin goes out of the stratusphere into space, but I mean, are ALL the stages outside? Isn't the "Frigate Orpheon" stage inside the Frigate? How could that ever make sense?

Maybe they'll do like Pokemon Trainer's "where does he stand?" situation, and make it a little bit different for each stage... like the frigate has a hole in the ceiling? What do you all think?

Mattnumbers

Smash Master
I love Olimar's FS! Sooo appropriate for his background. I am a little confused about this idea of the Dolphin going up into the sky, though. I see how it could work for Lylat Cruise because the Dolphin would just go deeper into space, and Skyworld works because the Dolphin goes out of the stratusphere into space, but I mean, are ALL the stages outside? Isn't the "Frigate Orpheon" stage inside the Frigate? How could that ever make sense?

Maybe they'll do like Pokemon Trainer's "where does he stand?" situation, and make it a little bit different for each stage... like the frigate has a hole in the ceiling? What do you all think?
Maybe it just hovers above the place were you can get damaged?

Blade Knight

Smash Ace

Lylat Cruise: They crash into an astoroid:)
Halberd: Normal they are still outside and in the atmosphere.
Frigate Orpheon: They forgot to pay the electric bill???

Zorya

Smash Ace
I want to be locked inside of a spaceship with a red Pikmin. Yes, End of Day everywhere.

Top Bottom