• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Endless Challenge - April 17 at UT Austin

Jake13

Smash Lord
aight 3/5 my falco v your whatever five bucks

i'm game

sos, jf, musashi

<3

also super down for falcon dittos!

Jake13

Smash Lord
Now we're talking (not that I'm opposed to any other combination of Falco/Falcon matches).

Also, when you asked for housing, is it for Friday night or Saturday night?
saturday night housing plz.

falcon dittos ftw

and falco/falcon lol

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
Thespis, who are you better with, Falco or Falcon? I'd rather play your best. And yea, I'm down for whatever. Don't know who I'll use though.

Kal

Smash Champion
Hey Jake, how many people did you need Austin to house Saturday night?

Also, I'm probably down for some money matches this Saturday.

Jake13

Smash Lord
Hey Jake, how many people did you need Austin to house Saturday night?

Also, I'm probably down for some money matches this Saturday.
um we're looking at 4-5.

however one to three of them might have their own housing.

we shall see.

DOH - glee starts tomorrow. get excited <3

BRLNK88

Smash Ace
I put myself in charge of running the tournament since y'all will be playing.
That constitutes running the bracket and calling out matches.

Kal

Smash Champion
I'm fine running the tournament Rohan. Thanks for offering.

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
Oh, I did not know you were Jake, Thespis haha. $5 vs your Falco is fine. You'll have to use Peach if you wanna have a chance to beat me :) musashi, I'll money match you. Name your terms.

Also, I might be able to house, but only one or two people. DoH, darkrain?

BRLNK88

Smash Ace
I'm fine running the tournament Rohan. Thanks for offering.
Well, I really don't mind at least calling out matches, I enjoyed doing it for the Barlw tournament.
Plus at Phase they had 2 or 3 guys running the bracket.
Not to mention I'll be kinda bored otherwise. Most of the set-ups will be Melee, and the few that aren't will prolly be populated by the Barlw players. Lemme help you out.
You can be in charge of taking names and setting the bracket up. People can report their results to me and I'll call out the matches.

Kal

Smash Champion
yo kal lemme help you seed srsly.

at least the people from htown

no answer on housing yet?
Not sure about seeding, but I don't mind housing you guys if everyone you bring can avoid being too loud. Can you tell me who all is coming?

-RedShadow

Smash Ace
I might need to spend the weekend at someone's place because my mom just informed me she wants to go OOT this weekend.

Kal? Edgar? Either of you cool with that?

Kal

Smash Champion
I might need to spend the weekend at someone's place because my mom just informed me she wants to go OOT this weekend.

Kal? Edgar? Either of you cool with that?
Why can't you just stay at your mom's place alone? O_o

Jake13

Smash Lord
Kal it'll be Me, oscar, killawhale, mouffromdasouf and either clue or tarzan.

and kal, don't be afraid to have help running the tourney. i do em here in the H all the time, it gets annoying being the only one, im trying to help you out. ima be pissed if houston gets ******** seeding and we end up playing each other like second match

also, i have a present for you ;]

Kal

Smash Champion
Jake, I'm not afraid to get help, I just want to keep the bias in the seeding to a minimum. Regardless, I plan on seeding by region, since that keeps people happy. Then I'll manually seed by skill to avoid something ridiculous like ARC, Darkrain, and YU in the same bracket.

Also, to discuss housing, can you call me? My number is (512) 698-7056.

Noc

Smash Journeyman
We're going to record a lot of matches at this! And if anybody wants to do commentary, that would be great.

Velox

Smash Ace
heh weird, would't have guessed I'd be traveling to Austin for a smash tournament this weekend, but I'm coming to this with 4 UoH players. It'll be good to see everyone again!

Galt

Smash Journeyman
Kal, what are people going to do about parking on the campus? The word is that all that delicious free parking on the weekends has been requisitioned for permit-only. So, just hypothetically, supposing someone with a car were interested in attending, where would he park?

Noc

Smash Journeyman
There are some free spots by the Welch building that do not require a permit. There might be other spots like these, where the sign says you need a certain permit during the week but no permit is required during the weekend, nearby. Worse come to worst, you may have to pay to park in a university garage (https://www.utexas.edu/parking/parking/visitor/index.html).

(If parking at this event is an issue, for our next big tourney we can use an event parking request form to reserve several spots for a dollar each.)

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
Likewise, DoH. Anywho, I'm very much looking forward to this. Velox!! long time no see! :D

DoH, who are you teaming with? If you still need a partner, I'd be happy to team with you. Of course, I'm assuming you'll be teaming with darkrain, but my offer stands in case that doesn't happen :)

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
Well he's never going to get his $100 money match then. Unless Austin lets me money match Ronnie in his place xD

Top Bottom