• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Enemy Controller Presents: I Can't Defeat Air Man. Princeton, NJ. 2/28/09.

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
Yes, because Bowser is broken and Ike is too good for low tiers. It totally wasn't Mew2King being the best player in the world and me being a better player than you and almost everyone else there. Nope, not at all. Ike is so broken that I got 2-0'd by a Jigglypuff and did better with Ganondorf against the two Sonic mains I faced. Sonic is better than Ike, but let's cry about Ike instead because Mew2King won with him and you lost to mine. Makes perfect sense.
ROFL! Did you WATCH M2k play? Seriously his Ike is pretty bad. Yours is better. Either that, or he just knew the Sonics he played failed to punish bad habits (odd).

Please Inui, let's not turn this into a "toot my own horn" senerio. I lost to Blue's Sonic, and I didn't say "Oh, Sonic's not low tier, the tier list is dumb, etc"

Ike ISN'T low tier according to the opinion of a VAST majority of people in the Smash community. Now, when I signed up, I didn't know Ike would be allowed. When I found out, I decided I'd prefer to have fun fighting with low tiers in tourney, and decided to reconsider withdrawing from the tournament. However, fighting two Ikes and a Sonic wasn't exactly what I had in mind when I was thinking about low tier fun and diversity (but fighting YES! was fun!!!!)

Don't delude yourself that I'm upset about losing to your Ike with Mario (ROFL). At the end of the day, I didn't expect to win money with Ryko or Malcolm there anyway. No clue why Malcolm lost to M2k, but I watched his Ike later, and it had NOTHING to do with M2k being godly. Let's not forget Malcolm has taken a match off on M2k's MK with Sonic before. It's low tiers. The difference between 4th and 17th doesn't exist in low tiers. The idea of me "crying" about it is laughable.

However, I simply don't intend on wasting time fighting Ike with low-tiers anymore. The same also goes for Bowser. Me crying about it would be me saying "Take off Ike from your low tiers, it's not fair." However, you're the TO. I don't really care what you do. I simply won't enter your low-tier tourneys while you have mid-tiers on.

And my gawsh guy! We both laughed a good laugh after our low tier set. Why are you gonna ruin that with all this "You're mad cause I outplayed you" nonsense? Are you really so insecure, you have to throw in random bragging about low-tiers? When I get my sword out too, and you upgrade off that slow, clumsy, character, THEN we can start talking about you outplaying, etc. Save the trash talk for a proper duel. As a fellow swordsman, you should know better than to waste time belittling someone who didn't even have a sword in the fight. :laugh:

yea in the most intense set i ever had. me vs adhd lucario vs diddy
Much smarter than MK!

Inui

Banned via Warnings
However, I simply don't intend on wasting time fighting Ike with low-tiers anymore. The same also goes for Bowser. Me crying about it would be me saying "Take off Ike from your low tiers, it's not fair." However, you're the TO. I don't really care what you do. I simply won't enter your low-tier tourneys while you have mid-tiers on.
Ike and Bowser are bad. Ike can't kill anyone with a brain until high percent. Bowser is slower and clumsier than even Ike. Ike is very gimpable. Ike and Bowser are not a tier higher than Sonic, Lucas, and the other decent characters allowed. Ike didn't break low tiers. Everyone being worse than M2K and me being better than almost everyone there let us take top placings using Ike. I did better with Ganondorf against the Sonics, so Ike is obviously not some broken character in a low tier environment. Your reasoning is stupid.

In fact, I feel that your low tier, Mario, has the advantage against Ike. Why would Ike scare you? Mario has worse match-ups in the lower tiers.

And my gawsh guy! We both laughed a good laugh after our low tier set. Why are you gonna ruin that with all this "You're mad cause I outplayed you" nonsense? Are you really so insecure, you have to throw in random bragging about low-tiers? When I get my sword out too, and you upgrade off that slow, clumsy, character, THEN we can start talking about you outplaying, etc. Save the trash talk for a proper duel. As a fellow swordsman, you should know better than to waste time belittling someone who didn't even have a sword in the fight. :laugh:
Snake doesn't have a sword. ;)

ADHD

Smash Hero
ksizzle the next set we have im not letting you get fully charged auraspheres at 170 LOL

Inui

Banned via Warnings
"There's a knife in his boot!"

I think Malcolm said that. It could have been Rookie. Both of them are funny in the same way.

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
Ike vs Mario is about even. I'm not afraid of fighting Ike with Mario at all. If it was a problem match-up, I would train with Ryko, and proceed to destroy all Ike's, giving me a tactical advantage.
All of that is beside the point though.

And Snake is fine. He has grenades. That's a suitable weapon to match my blade.

Oh, and Lirok, perhaps, but I dunno why so many Sonic mains failed to Ike, especially after Ryko was telling me what Sonic can do to Ike. Malcolm really should've won I feel. I wish I watched the set. M2k recovers hilariously stupid with Ike, and spot dodges excessively when he doesn't know what to do. Blue gimped his recovery a few times, but completely failed to even NOTICE his spot-dodge spam.

He also used charged smash attacks excessively without getting punished. Apparently, the Sonics just ran through the people in his bracket, since they main Sonic, and he managed to beat them with the most elementary of tactics, which now lowers my opinion of the character Sonic. I was under the impression that spindash would just **** spot-dodge.

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
M2K is beatable lucas. Its your mindset that makes him unbeatable
The belief that you can not beat something in of itself makes it a self-fulfilling prophecy. Jason's Ike is honestly just baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad and I was most angry at myself for not being able to beat malcolm to get to him and just show people why an ike that was stuck somewhere in last year march shouldnt have just vending machined you ****ers.

Kaiber Kop

Smash Master
Ike vs Mario is about even. I'm not afraid of fighting Ike with Mario at all. If it was a problem match-up, I would train with Ryko, and proceed to destroy all Ike's, giving me a tactical advantage.
All of that is beside the point though.

And Snake is fine. He has grenades. That's a suitable weapon to match my blade.

Oh, and Lirok, perhaps, but I dunno why so many Sonic mains failed to Ike, especially after Ryko was telling me what Sonic can do to Ike. Malcolm really should've won I feel. I wish I watched the set. M2k recovers hilariously stupid with Ike, and spot dodges excessively when he doesn't know what to do. Blue gimped his recovery a few times, but completely failed to even NOTICE his spot-dodge spam.

He also used charged smash attacks excessively without getting punished. Apparently, the Sonics just ran through the people in his bracket, since they main Sonic, and he managed to beat them with the most elementary of tactics, which now lowers my opinion of the character Sonic. I was under the impression that spindash would just **** spot-dodge.
I can't speak for malcolm or blue but I don't find Ike to be an easy opponent to verse because I get nervous. I did great against Inui and should have beat his Ike but one mess up and you lose. I decided to take a chance and jump high enough to avoid ikes Fsmash and Bair inui for the win. I messed up and lost the match, so maybe I don't punish ike as much as I should.

I'm not sure what sonic can do to ike thats so great that ryko told you but i certainly know that all Ike has to do the moment he sees spin dash coming at him is to SideB into jab combo. I versed 4 ikes that day and did the best vs ryko, I have nothing against him but M2k and inui just did much better. It's not really like I lost bad to m2k. I got him to game 3 at 90% and by that time I was out of ideas to approch him because he had caught on to everything I did.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
lol my wario didn't do as bad as i thought it would. Until the ****ing windmill appeared against shadow 3rd game T^T.

lol i need to sleep more before a tourny XD
You need to SLEEP!! I heard you had no sleep the night before >_>

@ Chrome, Yes and others: Thanks for the advice but it is not neccesary as I now how invisible rocksmashes and the ability to live to higher percents now. Personally I was very very angry I had to play Mr. Clutch's Wario and each time I got farted on to death I felt my mind slipping away from my fingers, lol! I was going to switch to PT but stayed my rusty Falco for the rest of the tourney because my Falco begged me to play him but I ripped his contract and said this will be his last tourney so he played the rest of the matches like a sad man :(

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
It's not in jiggly's favor, it's at the very worst neutral for ike, more like a 55-45. Ike's not as easy to gimp as you might imagine and overaggression off the stage is just as likely to get you spiked in one of 2 ways as it is to actually kill ike in the process.

OFY

Sonic main since 08'

@ Chrome, Yes and others: Thanks for the advice but it is not neccesary as I now how invisible rocksmashes and the ability to live to higher percents now. Personally I was very very angry I had to play Mr. Clutch's Wario and each time I got farted on to death I felt my mind slipping away from my fingers, lol! I was going to switch to PT but stayed my rusty Falco for the rest of the tourney because my Falco begged me to play him but I ripped his contract and said this will be his last tourney so he played the rest of the matches like a sad man :(
pretty much me, allied, blue, and atomsk did not sleep at all.

Shin Bowser Meow

Smash Ace
NNID
ShinBowserMeow
3DS FC
4184-3865-2383

As a former PT let me tell you... you'll go to the bird when you have to. Same for my suited up ape.

Atomsk_92

Smash Hero
Its kinda gay, no johns, but anexiety keeps me up at night lots of times before a tourny.

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
Ike and Bowser are bad. Ike can't kill anyone with a brain until high percent. Bowser is slower and clumsier than even Ike. Ike is very gimpable. Ike and Bowser are not a tier higher than Sonic, Lucas, and the other decent characters allowed. Ike didn't break low tiers. Everyone being worse than M2K and me being better than almost everyone there let us take top placings using Ike. I did better with Ganondorf against the Sonics, so Ike is obviously not some broken character in a low tier environment. Your reasoning is stupid.

In fact, I feel that your low tier, Mario, has the advantage against Ike. Why would Ike scare you? Mario has worse match-ups in the lower tiers.

Snake doesn't have a sword. ;)
"Underrating bowser again."

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Plz do more low tier tourneys. And I really wouldn't mind if Ike was in. I'd rather fight him than Sonic any day of the week.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Jigglypuff definitely doesn't do that poorly against Sonic.
After getting 0-3'd by Blue's Sonic I don't want to fight another Sonic again.

Rollout is out prioritized. Jigglypuff is too slow for Sonic, litterally. Get's spindash ***** if tries to predict Sonic's Spindash. Once Sonic has started his spindash it's too late for Jiggs to do anything w/o getting hit. Jiggs gets killed early by b air and F smash. Jiggly can't kill sonic easy because of his recover and agility and the fact that he is very hard to gimp.

The match-up is just silly. I'm considering using another character next time.

Tho when somebodies not good with Sonic their just not good with them so match ups like those don't matter.

Max Ketchum

Collegiate Starleague Smash Director
No need to complain about the matchup, then. It was low tiers, why get so tight over it?

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
No need to complain about the matchup, then. It was low tiers, why get so tight over it?
It was still a tourney and money was involved lol. I was just saying that with Ike there it reduced the number of Sonic's since hes probably by far the most popular low tier character in Brawl. I'm just saying that Sonic in general is annoying and Ike helped reduce that.

Plus I forgot to cp a stage that is bad for sonic since I wasn't thinking. coughbrinstarcough.

Kaiber Kop

Smash Master
It was still a tourney and money was involved lol. I was just saying that with Ike there it reduced the number of Sonic's since hes probably by far the most popular low tier character in Brawl. I'm just saying that Sonic in general is annoying and Ike helped reduce that.

Plus I forgot to cp a stage that is bad for sonic since I wasn't thinking. coughbrinstarcough.
Brinstar isn't bad for all sonics, but I suck there so feel free.

I would also rather fight ike than sonic.

Top Bottom