• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Enlighten me please, Samus' ScrewAttack

DRD

Smash Lord
I've never used this but I see it recommended quite a bit in here, like doing this out of your shield. Well, I've never used it because it seems to have such low knockback and the falling lag is sure to get you smashed.

So what are the benefits to this move?

REDRAGON

Smash Ace
I've never used this but I see it recommended quite a bit in here, like doing this out of your shield. Well, I've never used it because it seems to have such low knockback and the falling lag is sure to get you smashed.

Its not a killing move so the knock back has nothing to do with it.
You use it on a laggy attack from the air or sometimes from a ground attack.
I also use it after a f-air l-cancel or a d-air etc etc etc...
Also its one of Samus's fastest moves, and you can cancel the falling lag on platforms like on Yoshi's story and FoD top platforms.
Very useful move i think...

DRD

Smash Lord
Oh, well I meant I think that it needs knockback, because of the time she spends falling back to the ground. Whenever I use it I just get punished. But I guess utilizing platforms makes up for that.

Corigames

Smash Hero
Use this on SHL Falcos to stop them. Put up your shield and screw out of it to get him. It works almost everytime.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
It's useful because it's one of the fastest moves in the game. Also, on most characters the knockback is enough that if you FF, they won't be able to punish the lag, especially if you fall through a platform, which they can't do since they're tumbling.

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master
Besides it being really fast and sucking opponents in, it has (I think 5) invincibility frames at the start. So it's a very safe out of shield move, as their jab/shine/grab won't come out fast enough after basically any aerial before they get hit by the upB. As for the landing lag, make sure you mix up where you go after (sometimes fast fall, sometimes land on a platform, sometimes go for the ledge, etc), and try DIing away from where it throws them. Also, it's great under the fin on Corneria, as you'll grab the fin immediately and cancel the lag/gain invincibility. Then you can drop and do it again.

majoras16

Smash Apprentice

i use to have problems with space animals, when fox came with a drill-shine, and falco with a spike-shine. but now it comes automatically everytime i see them they are going for the usual combo, and it works, in small stages it can become annoying for them, so if u use it its can help you alot in the fight.

its like fox and falco, they see they are gonna be hit or that they lag with his opponent and need a fast attack to start the offensive and they go for the shine...try to go with up-B everytime you need to be faster, it wont lead you to any combo but it will free you from getting comboed

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
i do believe it is the 2nd fastest move in the game. only thing faster is fox's shine.
As Mars said, Rest and the Shines are faster (I think all of them come out on frame one). However, Screw attack is invincible for the first five frames, attacking on the fourth. Since the three fastest attacks only hit for one frame, this makes Screw attack a good counter, at least against the shines.

Top Bottom