• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Epic Mickey

justaway12

Smash Master

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
Ok, im just going to say this right now. This is the first ive heard of this game...and it's the most excited ive been for a game since Brawl.

Kei_Takaro

Smash Lord
Holy crap, i'm HYPED but abit creeped out and scared too...
The art looks so smexy, and Donald is now the hero? lol what about the mage? nvm
It feels like playing a nightmare but If this was a fighting game, I would totally buy it at the Launch

(which reminds me, anyone know the release date?)

Kei_Takaro

Smash Lord
Nobody knows who the main is character is, I don't think that actually is concept art, I went on the (I pretty sure) main site and couldn't find it anywhere.

http://web.mac.com/askbotboy/Site/Concept.html

Could be wrong though.

Oh and some pictures on there are also a bugs life, or some just not in either game.

Hmm? Gary Glover is part of the production team, and there is actually a mickey logo on the 2nd page, 2nd image of the environments

lol don't you mean Antbully?

Kei_Takaro

Smash Lord
O....MAH.....GODDDD... There's already subliminal messages!!!

And yes I stole the idea from the guy who checked the Sonic thingy in Brawl before

Melancholy

Smash Ace
:O

How did I not see this thread before, so keen for this game!

The concept art looks amazing, I really hope the game ends up looking a lot like it. I also hope the game ends up being really scary and slightly disturbing, just like the concept art. Take these beloved characters to a new level.

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
Apparently Epic Mickey is the cover store for the November GameInformer....oh, how i'm reminded of waiting for the big "character reveal" in CoroCoro or whatever magazine it was

M@v

Subarashii!
this is the weirdest concept for a game i've EVER seen.

then again, everyone thought Kingdom Heart's concept was weird before it came out. Look at the masterpiece that series turned into.

I'm not judging anything until I play the game. I hope this works out well.

ScoobyCafe

Smash Journeyman
Some insider info courtesy of Eurogamer said:
Epic Mickey is a tale about the 'forgotten' Disney stars: the rides, the characters, the lesser-known cartoons. When nobody any longer cares, they are cast into a dark void; a forgotten world of broken machines and bitter personalities - a bit like Sid's bedroom in Toy Story, but without the friendly furnishings.

This forgotten world is run by Oswald the Rabbit. He was Disney's first creation, made long before Mickey Mouse, and his jealousy of the newcomer has fermented for years. Now, finally, Oswald is ready for revenge.

He unleashes The Phantom Blot to wipe out Mickey and his cartoon world. The Blot pollutes the Disney universe with sticky black ink that makes colours run and fade (as seen on the Game Informer cover), so it's up to Mickey to restore peace and order. And this is where his tools come in.

Mickey has to draw and scribble his way through levels, mending broken bridges by applying the right colour paint or peering through walls after applying thinner. He can even clear rubble from his path by erasing parts of the world.

Our source told us Epic Mickey is a game about thinking and artwork - laterally considering your environment in order to overcome puzzles.

On top of that is a healthy dose of exploration, plus Mickey will be getting "his first makeover in years". "That's why no one's seen his face yet," our source explained, "But he's far more retro than you've seen him for years."
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/first-epic-mickey-details-spilled

Amazing confirmed, will buy this game day 1.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I don't know if you have the gameinformer cover, but in case people haven't seen it...

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
They should add the attack of the mickey mouse club to the game...

Imagine fighting little brittney spears and justin timberlake...

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
this game, with all the characters and disney world references new and old, looks like a terrific fan service.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Huh, I had posted the cover but looks like the link died. ah well.

Kei_Takaro

Smash Lord
Do you have the wallpaper in widescreen high-res? =D
Just asking, since it's like the most awesome thing since Brawl

(lol somehow I have a different feel on the cover again, like it's more cartoony then expected, but nonetheless its EPIC)

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Preorder? I haven't even seen a trailer yet :/
I haven't either...

Or a single gameplay video...

Or even screen shot

Not preordering something based on a couple of concept art pictures

Kei_Takaro

Smash Lord
Eh, it's a worthwhile read.
micechat.com said:
Alright, after analyzing everything, conclusion:
THE ENEMY IS THE INKPAINT BLOB.
How do I got to this conclusion? Let me present my ideas:
- First of all, lets analyze THIS picture:

You can notice several things.
1. The black and white characters are repeated. You can see 2 pigs, 2 eagles, 2 minnies...
2. There are construction things around that big bottle which is writed Paint Thinner. Now, first, you can see that there is a red circle around Mickey's head, that means that this is against Mickey, or, lets be clear COLOR CARTOONS.
3. Why only color cartoons? Well, its because of a simple look: every character working on the bottle is black and white. And in the other pictures, the character who got zombified/destroyed/anything else starred in COLOR CARTOONS. Exceptions are Goofy and Henry the Bear, cause Goofy first starred in black and white, but now its an color cartoon. And Henry the Bear is an animatronic at the Country bear Jamboree.
4. The dwarves are dead. They have no eyes. They have been modified, and there are teacups over their shells. Those are the teacups from an attraction in Walt Disney World based in Alice in Wonderland. Conclusion: those are the mad hatter teacups.
5. Soon we can understand one thing. Blob is the villain and he wants to destroy all color cartoons. But Mickey is the main leader of those. So Blob captures color cartoons, transforms them and captures black and white cartoons that are trying to escape on the sea to work on his Paint Thinner in order to destroy Mickey Mouse who is in the castle.
But why are they escaping through the sea? The answer is in this picture. Lets analyze it too:

1. It's Monstro, the whale that attacks Pinocchio in his movie. He is a color cartoon. He got zombified and been modified.
2. He is holding famous Walt Disney World icons. Conclusion: Walt Disney World may be an safe place where refugees can go, or where the color cartoons are hiding.
3. Spaceship Earth is destroyed, but the Earful Tower is not. Well, EPCOT has its own characters (Figment and Nemo), but Hollywood Studios doesn't have attractions with characters, except for Toy Story Mania, which has been excluded since its a Pixar movie and has CGI characters.
4. You can see Splash Mountain in the background.
Black and white cartoons are trying to escape to that place, but there is a Monstro zombified, and as we saw, Blob zombified all color cartoons. Well, the color cartoons may have zombified Monstro, because he is a VILLAIN. Remember, he tries to eat Pinocchio.
So we can conclude some things:
- The scenery for the game will be Walt Disney World and its theme parks.
- The enemy is Inkpaint Blob.
- The story may be like this: Blob wants to destroy Mickey and all color cartoons, and make everything black and white. So he tries to destroy Walt Disney World. He destroys some of it (hence the teacups from Alice in Wonderland ride and Henry the Bear), but Mickey makes the Cinderella Castle go above the ground in order to save himself, while the other cartoons get the rest of WDW, put it on Monstro and run away to the ocean. Blob then gets black and white characters to do the work for him, and he believes that by destroying Mickey, he will be able to destroy all color cartoons. That is why there is a Paint Thinner.
- The color cartoons - they have been zombified or destroyed. Example: The monster that is a mashup of Jafar, Goofy, Crocodile from Peter Pan, Sam the Eagle (from Disneyland's America Sings ride) and more.
- Why the black and white cartoons want to run away? Because Blob makes them live in a horrible city made of paperboard boxes and other stuff. But they try to rebel, hence the grafitti saying BLOB SUX and a Mickey head near it.
Source: http://micechat.com/forums/digital-...teampunk-meets-wdw-lots-information-here.html

(BTW, I'll change image size if you guys want to)

Skrlx

Smash Champion
"Pre-order Ships 11/1/2010"

Drclaw if I were you I wouldn't pre-order this until I see a trailer or atleast in-game screenshots

ScoobyCafe

Smash Journeyman
http://gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2009/10/12/sketching-mickey-the-time-lapse-video.aspx

Any day now, Game Informer subscribers will receive the November issue, which is filled with details about Epic Mickey, the Wii-exclusive game from Junction Point and Disney Interactive Studios. In the meantime, we’ve put together this short film for your enjoyment – a three-minute time-lapse video shortened from a half-hour of drawing by one of the character artists at Junction Point. As you watch Mickey come to life on the page, you’ll also get your first glimpse at a potential enemy in the game – one of the robotic Beetleworx. Keep your ears open as well to hear some of the great music from the upcoming game.
Nice music.

The enemy reminds me of Hades--the head, anyway.

Kei_Takaro

Smash Lord
I don't know why but the Concept Art and the Big Wallpaper look different somehow, I can't put my finger on it but I think it's cuz I don't notice the scaryness on the Wallpaper and also noting that it doesn't look steampunk-ish too

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
I don't know why but the Concept Art and the Big Wallpaper look different somehow, I can't put my finger on it but I think it's cuz I don't notice the scaryness on the Wallpaper and also noting that it doesn't look steampunk-ish too
Well, I'm guessing the posters they put up for the game won't carry heavy steampunk influences. Really, you ask anybody who isn't a gamer what steampunk is, and they'll have no clue! It's a term that's usually limited to the realm of JRPGs. Steampunk is a very, very strange thing for newcomers to the genre, and advertising a Mickey Mouse game to be steampunk may deter some parents who will buy into the brand regardless, to not want their children to have the game.

BBQTV

Smash Master
Well, I'm guessing the posters they put up for the game won't carry heavy steampunk influences. Really, you ask anybody who isn't a gamer what steampunk is, and they'll have no clue! It's a term that's usually limited to the realm of JRPGs. Steampunk is a very, very strange thing for newcomers to the genre, and advertising a Mickey Mouse game to be steampunk may deter some parents who will buy into the brand regardless, to not want their children to have the game.
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/SteamPunk

Darkslash

Smash Master
If I can find that **** castle artwork, there isn't alot of steampunk influence in it as well.

Found it

I doubt parents would go to TVtropes to search up steam punk, and I'm guessing that Ocon knows what Steampunk due to giving a paragraph on it.
:ohwell:

BBQTV

Smash Master
yeah i didnt know about it till he said it and saw it on tv tropes

Top Bottom