• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Epok's Diddy Kong vids. Comments and critiques appreciated

Fliphopper

Smash Lord
I noticed on the Ike video that you didn't edge guard as much. What I try to do when edge garding, is run off the stage and do the side b move to latch on, guard it as best I can. At the end it looked like he was depending on Ike's side B for recovery so I would've abused it. Nice bananas though :D

Imp

Smash Apprentice
On the ike video when hes on his second life, you could have commited suicide and taken him out when you had him with the diddy hump, why didnt you! :( Think you might have won that one if you would have.

Overall very nice Diddy though

behemoth

Smash Journeyman
I noticed on the Ike video that you didn't edge guard as much. What I try to do when edge garding, is run off the stage and do the side b move to latch on, guard it as best I can. At the end it looked like he was depending on Ike's side B for recovery so I would've abused it. Nice bananas though :D
Wow, nice suggestion! I always shorthopped.

Another is to jump and let a banana fall just over the edge to stop people who have to physically grab the edge.

For Ike's recovery, let a fair hang out there to catch him letting go of B. worst, you miss, best, he's got more damage and possibly enough knockback to kill.

Fliphopper

Smash Lord
Wow, nice suggestion! I always shorthopped.

Another is to jump and let a banana fall just over the edge to stop people who have to physically grab the edge.

For Ike's recovery, let a fair hang out there to catch him letting go of B. worst, you miss, best, he's got more damage and possibly enough knockback to kill.
Yea I started doing the side b for edge guarding ever since, you can't just run out and press the opposite direction to grab the ledge. Guess I'll post some vids, I need some criticing. I like the idea of placing the banana in the air so it'll land next to the ledge so they won't easily grab.

Epok

Smash Ace
Sweet, thanks for the comments. Yeah I have a hard time against Ike. I never thought about doing his > B off he edge i really don't know the placement of that move very well. not to mention how much priority it has but i will give it a shot, its sounds pretty good edge guard if done right.

gkrackerr

Smash Ace
Yo, I saw in the first video that you got shield grabbed out of a dash attack. From what I've seen, heard (gimpyfish's comments in the 1-Up video), and done myself, that should not happen. Diddy has like close to no lag after his dash attack and should never be shield grabbed out of it.

A suggestion might be to dash attack to grabbing them out of their shield, dash attack to u-smash (which really eats away at the shield), or anything else. Point is, don't get grabbed.

Ohh, and nice banana tricks, good stuff.

Rat

Smash Lord
you can grab diddy out of his dashA. It's between the 2nd and 3rd hits. There is a large enough gap that you can grab him. I'm also pretty sure if they perfect shield grabbing ain't no thing.

Plus saying don't get grabbed out of it? wtf? How can he change the characteristics of the move? If he's being grabbed in the middle of the move, what is he supposed to do? Tap A faster in the middle of the move so the DashA goes faster? But yeah, If they grab you after the move, then he messed up.

Nice Diddy, Epok. I will pwn you with wolf later (where are those vids?). I have a lot of thoughts on diddy after playing around with him. It goes like this: Fake Rock, go scissors. (You know that BS people pull where they keep their hand a rock but switch at the last second. Which they do totally after seeing what you picked. I hate that ****) But, i'll just talk to you in person about it.

gkrackerr

Smash Ace
Ahh, then I have been misled. I have been thinking that his dash attack wasn't punishable.

But w/ the whole don't get grabbed thing, that was because of my previous thinking. See, I was under the belief that if Diddy's dash attack wasn't punishable by shield grab, then him getting grabbed after doing it would mean fault on his end. I didn't realize that he got grabbed in the middle rather than the end.

ThePurpleCobra

Smash Apprentice
nice vidz

-i think you should up-throw not d-throw. i really dont see d throw leading to anything unless you pull a banana after.
-you could alternate doing the upsmash instead of the dash attack seeing as diddy can do a dashing upsmash and it works nicely.
-the placement of the move is when diddy is flipped upside down. its not very useful for edgeguarding just very useful for comign back. you hit up while grabing him and u jump off and send him down. edgeguarding with a fair or bair or spike is better and safer.
-when u get him to a high percent make sure u use you kill moves. cool off with the dash attacks and focus on landing the kill.

Epok

Smash Ace
Nice Diddy, Epok. I will pwn you with wolf later (where are those vids?). I have a lot of thoughts on diddy after playing around with him. It goes like this: Fake Rock, go scissors. (You know that BS people pull where they keep their hand a rock but switch at the last second. Which they do totally after seeing what you picked. I hate that ****) But, i'll just talk to you in person about it.
Sweet dude. The wolf vids will be coming soon, some of the matches we recorded have this weird, nasty sound behind them so we going to have to use the ones we recorded last night.

Top Bottom