• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Error 86420..?

Mazui

Smash Cadet
When i want to connect to some people on Wi-Fi i get the 86420 Error.
Not all people though.
You guys know what the problem is?

shatoga

Smash Cadet
Just ignore it and try again. Basically it's just saying it messed up.

Kevvviiinnn

Smash Lord
Well, someone made a room and I tried to connect to it. The error showed up and brought me to the main menu (not to WFC main menu). I tried to connect several other times, but the same result happened each time.

Nintendo_lord

Smash Journeyman
lolz, I think that I have been one of the people who tried to connect to one of your rooms and been kicked back to the main menu, Kevvviiinnn. Whenever this happens, I try again and over and over until I realise that I can't get in and I make my own room which the other player can enter. Problem solved. The problem is probably on the other players side since they can get into your matches but you can't get into their's.

Leahdybug

Smash Journeyman
I have this problem but with one and one firend only of my list.WTH? Its pissing me off a bit and Ive been to nintendo wii site and talked to professionals on the 86etc. error. i got it bascially under control but i dont know why i just cant play with this one friend. Its vise versa for him to we cna play with anyone else fine no lag or waiting but as soon as we try each oter we are denied at once.

Best101

Smash Ace
Since it's ok to ask for help in someone else's help thread I'll repost my thread here. Please respond to this post

"I keep getting error code 86240, everytime I try to connect online or just try to play Brawl with Anyone. I've tried configuring my router's firewall settings (I'm probably not doing it right or something) and even turned it off, and I still can't play online. I can play Mario Kart DS online, but for some reason Brawl just won't play online. Any recommendations on what I should do?"

jngamer

Smash Cadet
I had that error playing peopel, and then i relized i was running utorrent (torrent downloader) and after i turned it off, it works perfectly fine for me. Maybe your downloading something, turn off your computer and try again :)

Mazui

Smash Cadet
I had that error playing peopel, and then i relized i was running utorrent (torrent downloader) and after i turned it off, it works perfectly fine for me. Maybe your downloading something, turn off your computer and try again :)
Well that cant be, cuz i already turned everything off of the main computer.
Im now only burning some games.
My laptop is only on Smashboards friendfinder and the forum.

Top Bottom