• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ESAM's Zero Ping Monthlies: June 4th. Miami, Florida

Bizkit047

Smash Lord
I can understand mixing up some of the seeding a little (such as mixing seed 1 & 2 and seed 3 & 4), but ignoring it just because lesser players want free rides is fail. Improper seeding screws up winners AND losers bracket. The top players earned their seeds. To take that away from them just so that they get thrown into losers earlier (messing up lesser players who didn't happen to get that free ride) is pretty unfair.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Bizkit...remember, it's still locals. Seeding isn't really that big of a deal for us, I think we are all fine with how it ended up.

Xaltis: You are still wrong. You have winning records against #7, 9, and 10, but not consistency. You are (probably) 1-0 with all of them. Cool. You have a win over me. Cool. Do you really not want to enter tournaments so you have the possibility of getting 9th or 10th on the PR? Really?

Jesus, maybe Tommy is right. Why the **** do people care about the PR so much?

8Bitman

Smash Master
step it up 8bit!
Sorry to disappoint father.

13: 8bitman - soooo unnecessarily technical. slow down man xD you're more impatient than me and im that and impulsive!
I can't help it. I wasn't feeling it this tourney. I sucked at this. When I don't know what to do in a MU I just start doing weird technical crap. And most of the time it doesn't work... Meh I am definitely going to try and fix zum shee up for next month.

MVD

Smash Master
I don't need attention I am good enough to stay on the PR ;) your dumb Taylor play the game for fun and to hang with friends

:phone:

gallax

Smash Hero
Im with xaltis on this one. He should just not enter. Look at co18, he gets on because of like 2 or 3 tourneys? How does that show consistency? It doesnt. I showed consistency throughout the entire season and still didnt get on. You know how that affected me? I literally dont have any more care for winning now and dont try anymore. I hate smash. Winning and being consistent is not looked at for the PR. Its all politics. Xaltis will get on if he stays out of tourenys. He should do it.

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
Im with xaltis on this one. He should just not enter. Look at co18, he gets on because of like 2 or 3 tourneys? How does that show consistency? It doesnt. I showed consistency throughout the entire season and still didnt get on. You know how that affected me? I literally dont have any more care for winning now and dont try anymore. I hate smash. Winning and being consistent is not looked at for the PR. Its all politics. Xaltis will get on if he stays out of tourenys. He should do it.
Here's one thing to take note of from last season.

You had a 1-2 record with Seibrik, which essentially means you had a 0-1 record with him as your win is cancelled out with his other win.

CO18 had a 1-0 record with Seibrik, which essentially means he had a 1-0 record with him since they didn't play again last season.

CO18's favorable record over Seibrik has more weight than your unfavorable record against Seibrik.

I hope that clears something up. I don't know if it makes sense or not to you, but that's how it works down here. I'm not part of the FL Brawl PR Panel, so I wouldn't know.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Why do people care about the PRs? I don't give a **** if I lose to Seibrik or Randomscrub13 at a tournament, a loss is a loss and I'm there to win the TOURNAMENT, not to beat specific people (Unless i hold a grudge/salty about a loss or something). Stupid people caring about the PRs.

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
You know, Eric. We have to play.

I've only played you twice (not counting our set in teams, our set in aib ladder, and our set in low tiers). Back at the first FL Gaming in a tourney set and in friendlies at Winterfest, both times with Yoshi. I know you have experience vs. ZSS from your brother, but I don't care. I would like to play you before you leave.

gallax

Smash Hero
Ok so just because you dont care about the PR's it doesnt mean others shouldnt and imposing your your opinion on someone else wont help. Its just plain wrong. People care. Just deal with it. If this really is a system thats supposed to be democratic then you are supposed to listen to people and what they think. THERE WILL ALWAYS BE SOMEONE WHO CARES.

And the fact that a win gets expunged just because theres a loss is the most ridiculous case of BS that i have ever heard. If you have a win aganist a PR it should matter no matter what. The wins that xaltis has over esam and mvd count. Even if he has a losing record it just means that overall they are better. But those wins actually mean that xaltis can still put up a fight and actually is a good player. Its separating him from those who dont have wins. If you are blind to these trivial facts then you are ignorant.

trumptight

Smash Journeyman
So I've been told I should not enter singles and time out the PR. Hm...
Wow Xaltis. Getting on the pr is not that serious. You play the game to have fun, and to chill with the community. Yes Gallax, I understand some ppl care about the pr more than others. I personally think its not worth it though, if it means loosing sight to what's important....... Xaltis if you keep talking this way, I'm going to have to replace you with a stronger willed co-captain...........on a side note. I do agree with Gallax about not cancelling out wins. On another side note, this is not the thread to discuss it in.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
i just wanna troll people and for people to respect my intelligence as a player

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Last season was really long and had A LOT of people that did A LOT of notable things. That is why wins weren't counted and it went to records. However, since this is a shorter period, I'm guessing it won't happen exactly the same way.

Xaltis

Smash Hero
Bizkit...remember, it's still locals. Seeding isn't really that big of a deal for us, I think we are all fine with how it ended up.

Xaltis: You are still wrong. You have winning records against #7, 9, and 10, but not consistency. You are (probably) 1-0 with all of them. Cool. You have a win over me. Cool. Do you really not want to enter tournaments so you have the possibility of getting 9th or 10th on the PR? Really?

Jesus, maybe Tommy is right. Why the **** do people care about the PR so much?
I like how your still wrong. XD

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
maybe we should just make a rule from now on that in order to get on the PR's u gotta attend at least over 50% of the tournies in the season? :p i duno

im not trying to make a rule just to negate taylor, i just don't like him taking advantage of how things work atm cuz it worked for someone in the past, however unintentional it was for them at the time.

but then again, i care less and less about helping the PR's the more people ***** about them and how they work lol

Master Raven

Smash Master
I think attendance should serve as a factor to one's PR position, but it can also be tricky because people could intentionally attempt to time the PRs out like what Xaltis wants to. I guess it's kinda like splitting under the current Unity ruleset: you're able to do it if you keep your mouth shut. On account of the attendance issue for the PRs, could we possibly be in a lose/lose situation? After all, hardly anything, if anything at all, is foolproof. I think it's an issue worth discussing.

Xaltis

Smash Hero
maybe we should just make a rule from now on that in order to get on the PR's u gotta attend at least over 50% of the tournies in the season? :p i duno

im not trying to make a rule just to negate taylor, i just don't like him taking advantage of how things work atm cuz it worked for someone in the past, however unintentional it was for them at the time.

but then again, i care less and less about helping the PR's the more people ***** about them and how they work lol
Here we go again.

Masky did the same thing I was JOKING about doing. No one said anything about it to him but when I wanna only joke about it everyone gets on me. Oh SFL...

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
This whole situation reminds me of the honorable mentions situation we had 2 years ago, how people were complaining about how they were not on the HM list. On that issue, I said that being on the HM list shouldn't be what people strive for. Now I have to reiterate on that and say that the just being on the PR list shouldn't be what people strive for. Players should strive to win. The accolades will come with it.

Xaltis

Smash Hero
and im supposed to know ur joking..... how?

all the lol's and jk's u included inr ur posts? the tone in your.. posts?
Had I used a gif in that post you would've been able to tell. Which is why I use gifs.

All I said was "People tell me I should time out the PRs by not entering. Hm...." And if you know me which you should you can obviously tell I'm joking.

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
I'll enter 45% of tournaments so I'm purposely not on it, thus breaking the validity of your PR because it's not accounting for everything.

I was the first person to tell Taylor to time out the PRs, but it's his choice.

KageMurphy

Smash Master
You should def make a certain amount of events mandatory to get on the PR, my region and NJ/NY do that, stops clowns from getting on by default.

bassem6

Smash Lord
Shoutouts!

Esam- Cool tourny, sexy pikachu. Need more practice in that MU. Had no idea what to do. Pikachu is so short!!

Shaky- beat me again. Im going to have to play campy against you next time if I want to win. I hate playing campy :(

rayvn- thanks for teaming with me and fun friendlies. I feel like we could have won it if we had a few more games to get some team chemistry going.

nickriddle- epic set

Ed- Cool guy. Thanks for driving me back to meet up with my parents. Good luck with college.

Chaz- Awesome random ditto mm's. Probably the most fun I had at the tourny!

siebrik- fun friendlies, gj on 1st! hopefully i can get some more games in with you before I leave.

poltergust- nice yoshi! close set

2link- scary peach. hate that matchup haha

master raven- fun friendlies, you did really well in them vs my wario!

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
So... Polt defeats a Lucario main without the need of King D3, but loses to Wario?

Where happened? Infinites Legal, Even Pivot grab to make sure TO not enjoy standing CG.

@ESAM == Ursa Minor. Not Major!

Top Bottom