• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ESAM's ZP Monthly tournaments 12/11/10 Dastrn's Will

Status
Not open for further replies.

Two-Ell

Smash Master
Tournament Publishing and Advertisement

Hey guys, I came in here earlier mentioning something I wanted to discuss with ESAM, but I've decided to direct this to all of you. A recent decision I've made is to reach out to Floridian Tourney Organizers for match recording since I feel has too much of an underrated scene due to lack of good video documentation of things like matches. When I go around on Youtube this isn't much organization in the way videos of Floridian tournaments and players are put up. I will admit now that part of the inspiration in my decision is taking a look at models such as HomeMadeWaffle of SoCal, Ankoku for the Midwest, and J.G. Wentworth of NY/NJ. I feel that Florida needs a centralized channel for player and tournament publishing where any smasher in state or out can view some of the talent FL has to offer.

I'm sorry if it seems a bit, hmm selfish or greedy for me to be the one to want to this. I honestly love watching you guys play and from what I hear from my buddy DJ Jack you guys are very interesting people and **** good players like many of you have proved in MLG. For the moment with the resources I have I can only record for Brawl, but hopefully in the future when I become mobile I will be able to record for FL's Melee which is still kickin' in CFL thanks to Hbox.

Now, I know I can't just barge in here asking to do such an important service for you guys without showing some credentials. I'm pretty much unknown to FL. I've been on SWF for a long time as you seen in my Join Date, but I've lurked on here for most of my time with my Fifteen posts lol. I've had this proposal planned to FL TOs for a while since I had heard from Jack he was attending Zero Ping with Waft. since the day of the tournament I spent last week testing my equipment for efficiency in upload speed and beautiful video quality. My recording device is a Hauppage WinTV PVR-250 TV tuner which if bought new from the product's manufacturer will go around $150 (got it for free though, lol). Here is an example of some of the best quality I've managed before I went though my efficiency process:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yB2fyaiYeGQ

Now when Jack told me he would be going with Waft to Zero Ping I told him about what I planned to do. He collected a good amount of replays from the tournament for me to learn how to best record and quickly upload a large amount of matches. While I'm afraid I can't keep the quality to the high level as the first video without severe upload times I've still managed to get very decent quality with the material he provided me. (*NOTE I have recently learned that Waft-OLi recorded videos from the tourney himself. DJ didn't know that OLi would record the matches himself when he asked for some copies. Waft-OLi I do apologize if it seems I'm stealing your thunder uploading some of the same things you have up. I have published the dubz you had with Kith/Gan, and not recorded the 2v2s you had with with MVD/ESAM so that way you have some appealing material of your own from the Tourney. I hope that makes up for what happened.

Anyway here are the matches I have recorded from Zero Ping 4/10 fully complete with the tournament information, history, contact details, and I've furnished every video with the same information along with a full set of tags and the tourney name in the videos:

http://www.youtube.com/user/2link121#grid/user/1B7D3B254BBA0D2E

http://allisbrawl.com/video/album.aspx?id=18555 (AllisBrawl album of the link above)

Let me know what you guys think. I want this type of service to catch on in other states so everyone can see the talent that is brewing probably under the radar. MLG has proved that there can be alot of unrecognized talent around where you least expect it. I really do apologize if I wrote like a giant crap load of text. I'm just really serious about doing this for you guys and as many other TOs in the state as I can. Oh and if anyone feels like it and is able to I'll record any replays from this last Zero Ping sent over to me through one my Instant Messangers/Emails/WiiConnect24/MediaFire/etc.

nevershootme

Smash Master
Uh what? I've uploaded matches for both brawl/melee since 2007-2009ish on my youtube after every tourney, so there has been videos floating around on the youtube world on my account. Only lately people kept relying on me do provide stream/recordings where I can't accommodate each other, and this was prior to the replay hack code's existence (now it's **** easy to record matches and stream at the same time, which is why people are demanding streams more than recordings). Thus I had to retire from recording to focus on my gameplay... and then retire from smash in the meantime to focus on school and CFL life.

Do mind that time I was the only one who was recording/streaming every tourney I went (provided that I had a ride to go since I didn't have the balls to drive and carpool) prior to redhalberd coming in and taking over the recordings he's done. and others taking over

You didn't really need to make a huge post about it. Just do whatever u want

Kith

Smash Ace
Don't mind nsm lol. I think it would be awesome to have our videos centralized on one account. Makes things easier

nevershootme

Smash Master
u can do this. make a google docs spreadsheet and make a form, fill out details and make them public for viewing with links provided and makes it easier for sorting out all videos and tournies. u just gotta find someone to do it

btw... you are talking to eddie, carlos...

Kith

Smash Ace
I'm aware :-P and I get what you mean now. It makes sense...but I'm not gonna do it any time soon lol. Yay finals.

Two-Ell

Smash Master
hmm Never, I think I might go through with that. I've never used Google Docs though so I'll need to look through on how it's done. Probably nothing too difficult. Once I manage to make any significant progress with it I'll let you guys know. What's your YT channel?

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
Yo, when the **** did Linguini get here?
What are you, like 12? What are you doing on the Internet?

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
If CFL people come then mabey I won't get last XD
nerd raaaaaaage!

i love when we have big tourneys in FL to unite the state. then the very next week go back to hating you guys

(lol j/k. just seibrik)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom