• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Escaping Falco's CG. It can be done!

Aegis Effect

Smash Rookie
So far this works with Mario/Lucario, need help testing with others as my brother won't be able to play for a while.

It's quite simple...

QCDI (Quarter-circle directional influence) Up then towards Falco repeatedly while mashing jump. The moment you hit the ground, if done correctly, you'll bounce up higher than normal either just in front of his face or directly over him, allowing you to jump over/footstool him depending on your timing. Simple as that.

As I said, I was unable to test it with characters other than Mario/Lucario in a non-wifi setting because my brother isn't able to play at the moment. If someone can help me test this, it would be great to see who all can pull it off.

Works with Mario/Lucario at 0%+, Falco cannot chaingrab me using this.

Edit1: I searched both AiB and SmashBoards for this, but could not find anything. Sorry if it's already been pulled up before.

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
Despite if we do escape the CG or not Falco still can just DAir us and pressure us.

What I'd really like to know is... At what % can he not DAir us out of DThrow or at what % can he not DThrow to Boost smash our furry rears?

hichez50

Smash Lord
NNID
Player-00
3DS FC
2122-6108-1245
Despite if we do escape the CG or not Falco still can just DAir us and pressure us.

What I'd really like to know is... At what % can he not DAir us out of DThrow or at what % can he not DThrow to Boost smash our furry rears?
This should work for awhile until all falco players realize that we can do this then they will start going directly for the dair.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
I'd be alright w/ dair, you can at least buffer roll and DI the dair a little to avoid regrabs, better than guaranteed damage from a couple more grabs then a dair.

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
Depends on how far Lucario is sent from Flaco.

Falco also risks getting hit by our DAir if he misses/miscalculates/times wrongly.

Falco's NAir or DAir is a lot safer.

If we DI at him though... That's a free USmash or DAir.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
lulz, yeah I wanna crack down on this and see if it's true once and for all. Sh4d1c (namesearch block for convenience) helped a little with my problem with Riivolution, now I can try to make a .gct w/ frame advance and the like :)

Top Bottom