• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Escaping Falco's chaingrab?

Shamoo

Smash Cadet
What are some good ways to escape it? Or even counter it.

I was thinking the palm plant(close to ground down b) but would it come out fast enough? I mean isn't that ganons fastest move? It could work i think

Or is the stun time from falcos laser to much?

I'll end up trying this later today.

Phazon Warrior

Smash Cadet
In my experience, there isn't much you can do to counter. Wait for them to mess up, or trip. It's not likely that either will happen.

However, if they go for a spike after a chaingrab, take the hit. Immediately after getting hit, hit jump and you greatly improve your chances of recovering back onto the stage. Before, I would try to jump away before the spike hits, but that rarely worked and kills your second jump when you do get hit.

Also, remember that the chaingrab goes up to ~50%-60%. Someone feel free to correct me on that, I don't remember the exact number in my head.

Playing against Falco is very difficult. You're practically at a 50%-60% disadvantage at the beginning of every stock if you aren't careful.

Sliq

Smash Master
You can't escape it unless they **** up, but your best bet is to DI away and jump.

HolySerpent

Smash Rookie
Every character usually gets about 45% dmg from Falco's chaingrab.
But heavys generally will get about 54%, I'm not sure if Ganondorf gets the extra grab though.

Top Bottom