• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

EU wii with US game?

RedBoo

Smash Rookie
I've searched around the forums and can't find a decent answer, but my internet is being very slow so could only carry out 2 'all open forum' searches in just over 20mins. So sorry if this has been answered.
I've got a European Wii and a few days ago my dad ordered me SSBB on the interenet, only problem is he didn;t realise it was the American version. So does anybody know whether the game would run on my Wii, or should i try and cancel the order? If it does work then will there be any hinderences for example on WiFi?

Thanks for any answers.

LunaEqualsLuna

Smash Apprentice
Won't run unless you mod your wii. (solder a modchip into it)
Cancel the order unless you plan modding your wii and even then it isn't guaranteed to work.

Also there is thread on this very page talking about getting a japanese version playing on a UK wii.
Pretty much the exact same scenario so you didn't even need to 'search' :ohwell:

RedBoo

Smash Rookie
Ok thanks, i'll try and cancel order then. If it doesn't cancel then not only will i have to wait until 1st of May, (EU release date right?) I'll have to wait with a game that i can't use, torture. :(

LunaEqualsLuna

Smash Apprentice
Ok thanks, i'll try and cancel order then. If it doesn't cancel then not only will i have to wait until 1st of May, (EU release date right?) I'll have to wait with a game that i can't use, torture. :(
Or you could sell your EU wii and get a US one :laugh:
I plan to sell my UK wii now that I have a japanese one.

RedBoo

Smash Rookie
Lol selling my EU wii actually seems like a plausible idea at the moment. Can't believe the difference between the release dates of the EU & US versions.

Storm Eagle

Smash Lord
NNID
Storm88
You can still read the manual. *lol* Ok, not funny. >_>

Top Bottom